PDA

View Full Version : SoW Gun Cams?

PeterPanPan
10-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I am wondering if/hoping that SoW will have a selectable gun cam feature.

It would work just as in real life - every time the guns are fired, the camera rolls. At the end of each mission, you can play back and more importantly in this age of social media, share and upload to youtube etc. - your grainy, low fps gun cam footage. If videos were stamped with the SoW logo, this has to be great marketing for the game too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIqsDBYyXro

If not in the initial release of SoW, let's hope it is something which might be added later. Oleg, please don't add it now if it delays launch ;).

PPanPan

322Sqn_Dusty
10-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Nice!

Azimech
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Good idea!

LoBiSoMeM
10-07-2010, 10:59 AM
+1 to all about broadcasting, replays and video.

choctaw111
10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Oleg mentioned this possibility over a year ago. Oleg will keep guncams historical but may not be present in first release. Remember that not all planes had guncams.

BP_Tailspin
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I am wondering if/hoping that SoW will have a selectable gun cam feature .
This is Pure Genius (borderline supper genius), not to mention how much fun this would be.

It would work just as in real life - every time the guns are fired, the camera rolls. At the end of each mission, you can play back and more importantly in this age of social media, share and upload to youtube etc. - your grainy, low fps gun cam footage. If videos were stamped with the SoW logo, this has to be great marketing for the game too.
Ok … Supper Genius

If not in the initial release of SoW, let's hope it is something which might be added later. Oleg, please don't add it now if it delays launch ;).

PPanPan
Delay! Surely you jest …

Oleg mentioned this possibility over a year ago. Oleg will keep guncams historical but may not be present in first release. Remember that not all planes had guncams.
Good news … but Guncams on all aircraft in the “game” would be fun.

Bobb4
10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
This is Pure Genius (borderline supper genius), not to mention how much fun this would be.

Ok … Supper Genius

Delay! Surely you jest …

Good news … but Guncams on all aircraft in the “game” would be fun.

How long did gun cams record after the trigger was pressed?

T}{OR
10-07-2010, 01:44 PM
+1 to all about broadcasting, replays and video.

+2 :)

robtek
10-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Nice to have, but almost all high deflection shots will just show empty air.
B'nZ -> the target will be in the picture a while after you've released the trigger.

philip.ed
10-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I nice idea :D I'd love to say it's unique, but this has been used before in BoB2. However, I found the technique there glitchy, so I think this'd be so cool ;)

+1

Sokol1
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM
- every time the guns are fired, the camera rolls.

Well, if camera rolls only after guns fired (press trigger), you lost magnify sequences
likes theses (IRL):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQTfXVqNo9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac70ikwpf3I&feature=related

;)

Sokol1