PDA

View Full Version : Angola - Bush War 1966 - 1988

jacquescrous
10-05-2010, 04:31 PM
To the 1C Company Game designers:

Please give us a game on the Angolan, South African, Cuban War for the period 1966 -1988 in the style of Men of War.

Please gamers comment on this topic!!!

Korsakov829
10-13-2010, 01:13 AM
The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Chechen wars, or the war in South Ossetia is a more likely canidate for a new game with the GEM engine.

jacquescrous
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Hello any other comments from the gamers?????????????????

Nokturnal
10-21-2010, 05:35 AM
I agree with Korsakov.
There is very little that can be done with the suggested conflict.

Not only is there very little documentation out there, but as far as i can tell, there were very few actual battles too. The majority of the fighting took place in the form of small raiding parties with objectives such as destroying a compound or ambushing a convoy, and the sort. Very few of these were documented. (From what i've read anyway..)
The only big battle i have found was that which kicked off the conflict.
Naturally i could be wrong and there may be a heap of information i simply couldn't find, so if that's the case, it might help if you go into more detail on what the game could cover.

I also have to agree that the Soviet-Afghan war would be a great use of the GEM engine. With the inclusion of choppers in the Vietnam release it would be another step closer to being able to depict the Soviet-Afghan war.
That being said, i'm still busy playing CM:Afghanistan, so i'd much rather see something involving Chechnya....However, considering it's still on-going and quite a touchy subject, i wouldn't expect to see any game based on that for quite some time.

As for other suggestions, there's the Spanish Civil War, Yom Kippur and i'm sure many more that i can't think of at the moment.
There's also a lot more WWII battles/theatres that can be used. There are even numerous battles from WWI which i think would work well in the MoW universe.

Of course there's also the possibility of some "what if" scenarios. I realise the devs seem to prefer real conflicts that they can use for inspiration. But there's a whole Cold War era which could be explored. ;)

Now a slightly different suggestion...
I think the devs have done a great job with stealth-based missions.
Those which don't require a combined-arms effort and frantic clicking, which instead focus on a small squad infiltrating an area to sabotage/capture/execute etc..They required skills, planning, precision and patience.

I realise alot of people complained about those missions but personally i found them to be excellent and only second to Commandos in the stealth-RTS department.
So if the devs were to release an entire MoW game focused on, say, Alpha Group, or maybe Vympel, i think it'd be a smash hit. (Yes Nike, i'm still bitter over the Alfa:Anti-Terror game never being released in English :p)
It would be great to have a game featuring some of Russia's more recent hardware and weaponry.

Could even throw in a handful of SAS/Delta Force/Navy Seal based missions to please those who don't like playing as the Russians.

But of course, that's just me wishing out-loud.....:)

Korsakov829
10-22-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm in Vympel. Officially we are meant to be a assination unit but, were used for just anything from submarine warfare to even space combat and troop morale. Our recent weaponry is the AN-94, AEK-971, AK-110, Ka-52, a 30mm gatling gun(over powered), a new submarine, but most of our projects are expensive (2 billion RUB), like that Jet fighter with a inverted swept wing.

I can tell you now that buzzing over a village, killing everyone, and then having to say "On to the next one" is all that the Afghanistan war was. Some of us infilitrated enemy ranks, planted a few bombs, and watched one of our Mi-24s get show down at least once is all there is to say.

Grozny was like, some bricks got thrown a mile away from the city with all the bombs. I recall walking through a park, and seeing two people hanging from a swingset, with their eyes pecked out by the crows and dogs jumping mid air to feast on the corpses. And every man there knew exactly why we were there from then on. At Ulus Kert, the gorge ran with blood after our helicopters arived. I've lost alot of friends to mines, most of all.

Tshkinvali was a gamble. Georgian troops were everywhere and our tanks were no where to be seen. Constant sniper fire kept your head in cover and .50cal machine guns had you running for more. After we secured the city we rode on our tanks to Gori and a few days later, the war was over.

Forgive me for beings so graphic, but the war crimes commited by both sides in all conflicts can't be forgotten. Of course in Angola the war was more forgiving, you just got a quick death.

Perhaps we can get the war between the Soviet Union and Japan in 1938? That would be easy even for me to manage maybe if I bothered.

Nokturnal
10-22-2010, 03:07 AM
To avoid going OT in this thread, i'll send you a PM instead.

xzalion
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
To the 1C Company Game designers:

Please give us a game on the Angolan, South African, Cuban War for the period 1966 -1988 in the style of Men of War.

Please gamers comment on this topic!!!

Just reg to tell you that we are making that game. we are still pretty new in the world. visit us @ http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Y2K-Studio/181727495186861

Our web site will be visible next year. It's this far in design phase & it is coming up very good :)

Keep well

CEO - Xzalion

>Edit<

y2kstudio has been close, we team up with http://nuk3team.com/ you may follow our progress there :)

jacquescrous
03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Just reg to tell you that we are making that game. we are still pretty new in the world. visit us @ http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Y2K-Studio/181727495186861

Our web site will be visible next year. It's this far in design phase & it is coming up very good :)

Keep well

CEO - Xzalion

I have been to your Facebook site bur could not find anaything, please give me a date on which I will be able to see some detail, looking forward to it!!!!!

xzalion
06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I have been to your Facebook site bur could not find anaything, please give me a date on which I will be able to see some detail, looking forward to it!!!!!

Hi dude

We have team up with http://nuk3team.com/ that is way you don't find that link :)

take care

Project leader of Angola War
Xzalion