PDA

View Full Version : game play FAQ

Black Coats
09-27-2010, 02:31 AM
feel free to post your own Q's

Is it possible to make an IED like put arty shells on the ground and then a mine?

How do I lay sand bags in a certain direction?

KnightFandragon
09-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Lol, I dont think the IED thing really works but I do know on Crete I blow the wheels off my M16s by running over the ammo box my the Quad 50 on the map.....so maybe try it in the editor, putting ammo in a box then running it over. I doubt it will kill much more then a light wheeled vehicles axles.

As for placing stuff in a differnt directions even I need a refresher on that one....ive not been able to get it to work in awhile either.

one random question...about Assault Squad....there will be Hero units....whats going to be "Hero" about these guys...are they going to have super abilities? or just be uber god units who dont die or what? I surely hope by Hero they dont mean "OP God Unit"

Korsakov829
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Shells do explode on certain conditions. So if another explosion is set off next to it the shell should also blow so putting some ammo next a mine will make it more powerful. Running over boxes with ammo also explode now and then.

Twan
10-02-2010, 12:36 PM
1. Is it possible to make an IED like put arty shells on the ground and then a mine?

2. How do I lay sand bags in a certain direction?

1. Yes, it is. In larger games, however, I believe that the higher "dropped items" count caused by increased fighting will cause the shell (or whatever you chose to use) to disappear in a shorter amount of time than on a smaller game, though I am not 100% sure about this. Also, only certain types of items explode. For example, as far as I know, 150mm HE and 152mm HE shells will not explode unless fired from a cannon. There are others that will not explode as well, but some do.

2. You must have the item "Shovel and knapsack", or "Shovel and sandbags" in a soldier's inventory (any type of soldier). One is only for heavy machine guns, mortars and such to create the circular barricade, but i'm not sure which one. Click the "deploy sandbag" icon in the appropriate menu in the interface. The starting point of your sandbag wall is exactly where your soldier is standing. To set the direction, simply click in the direction that you would like to build them in. They will be built in a straight line until they reach the point at which you clicked (or until your soldier runs out of sandbags). I think that you can also order an entire squad to build sandbags at once. Barbed wire, tank traps, AP and AT mines are also built in this way, and I might be forgetting something.