PDA

View Full Version : Up-Coming Las Vegas & The Great Race Add-On Discussion.

USA Trucker
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
You're all welcome to post your comments, opinions & suggestions on this up-coming add-on. Just don't ask when it's going to be out because at this moment there is no concrete date, and I wouldn't hold my breath on any rumored estimated time either. We are all too familiar with this.

lamanorbu
09-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok, first quistion... I saw this screenshot:
http://www.masslogics.com/images/trucking/rignroll.jpg
Will this truck be included in the addon? It's a fictional truck or a real one (maybe a Marmon)?

BleDrajor
09-26-2010, 11:00 PM
@lamanorbu:

No one knows, which elements will be included in the add on. It's possible, why not, but there's no guarantee.

The truck is a real one, looks like a truck of the International 9300 series.

=========================

I just hope for some new upgrades, trucks, pedestriants, nice and detailled landscapes and, of course, bug fixes, especially for the performance (Can't say that often enough!).
I like that idea of an add on. If they had enough time and money they should build the whole USA or North America for R&R. :-P
I would pay for it... and also for this Las Vegas add on. As long as the content is worth it.

USA Trucker
09-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Ok, first quistion... I saw this screenshot:
http://www.masslogics.com/images/trucking/rignroll.jpg
Will this truck be included in the addon? It's a fictional truck or a real one (maybe a Mormon)?

I agree with BleDrajor, and I had a feeling you were going to ask this type of question when you asked me to create this thread. These types of questions for the most part won't get answers. The developers very seldom visit this forum, and when/if they do they don't give us these types of answers.

This thread is basically for us (our forum members) to pass around comments, ideas, and suggestions. If your going to ask questions as to what the new add-on is going to have, you might as well be talking to yourself because an answer will not be forthcoming.

I'm not saying you can't ask these question. I'm just saying don't expect an answer. Sometimes Nike-It will get some inside information, and share them with us, or give us hints as to what to expect, but as you stated in another thread Igor will not discuss what will be in the Las Vegas add-on except for what you have already read about. Maybe later on we'll get some answers. So if he wouldn't answer your questions where you were, then he certainly won't answer them here.

lamanorbu
09-27-2010, 05:14 PM
I agree with BleDrajor, and I had a feeling you were going to ask this type of question when you asked me to create this thread. These types of questions for the most part won't get answers. The developers very seldom visit this forum, and when/if they do they don't give us these types of answers.

This thread is basically for us (our forum members) to pass around comments, ideas, and suggestions. If your going to ask questions as to what the new add-on is going to have, you might as well be talking to yourself because an answer will not be forthcoming.

I'm not saying you can't ask these question. I'm just saying don't expect an answer. Sometimes Nike-It will get some inside information, and share them with us, or give us hints as to what to expect, but as you stated in another thread Igor will not discuss what will be in the Las Vegas add-on except for what you have already read about. Maybe later on we'll get some answers. So if he wouldn't answer your questions where you were, then he certainly won't answer them here.

sorry, the point of my post was just showing you this strange screenshot I found. Why on that website? no relation with softlab or 1c...

USA Trucker
09-27-2010, 11:31 PM
sorry, the point of my post was just showing you this strange screenshot I found. Why on that website? no relation with softlab or 1c...

No problem. I just thought you would like to know. ;)

Lolsmurf
09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I think we all know that either this will get canceled or postponed for several times, or that they had already made most of the add-on previously and they choose to release the game in 2 parts to make more money of it.

lamanorbu
09-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I think they already made most part of the addon, they're just testing, b/c they shown us lot of Macks & Volvos (they even put them in the background of the game menu). They are now waiting some month to create supspense and then they'll release the addon with a very high price to make money. In the first videos released in 2004-2005 some road signs indicated Nevada cities, like Carson City.

flykas
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
@lamanorbu:

I like that idea of an add on. If they had enough time and money they should build the whole USA or North America for R&R. :-P
I would pay for it... and also for this Las Vegas add on. As long as the content is worth it.

me too :]

aswell I'm expecting some new things like closed roads because of some disaster or something like in hard truck 2. More seacret roads. Improved physics and performance. Pedestrians. New trafic cars.

Patrick
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Is the DLC going to have a patch for the whole game? If so do we need to pay to get a new patch for our rignroll?!
:confused:

lamanorbu
10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Is the DLC going to have a patch for the whole game? If so do we need to pay to get a new patch for our rignroll?!
:confused:

I think yes, because they haven't made lot of maney with r'n'r, so they have to remedy...

EDIT: i found an interview whit igor about the addon on the russian site db-3.ru. I tranlated it with Google translate so... My conlcusion is: the addon will never be released!

It has been several weeks after the patch and there was some kind of a lull in the camp of developers and wanted to know at least a few words on what is working now?
Over addon

I think everyone would be interested to learn at least very briefly, in what will be his izyumenka. Are there plans to release a special preview, which will reveal at least some of the mysteries, and if so, when?
Necessarily, as we will be ready to reveal a nice set pieces and arrange on preview

In this case, whether it planned to release zavlekalochki in the form of screenshots or videos of those novelties which will see us in the game?
Of course

In our case, an addon for long-distance 3, the addition of something radically new, a radical change in existing or complete correction of all errors of previous versions of the game?

This little bit of everything

Can we say with confidence that in the expansion we have not seen rain for not a cloud in heaven and that with the rear-view mirrors will not have problems?

While nothing is impossible to say, the issue is solved Weather

If we are talking about the weather, can we talk about the new weather conditions in the expansion? For example heavy fog, which would impede the traffic on the autobahn, sparkling sky and the sounds of a thunderstorm in the rain, strong winds, picking up dust, twigs and leaves ...

It is not excluded, it was speculated

Among the fans of the game, there are many rumors about the appearance of pedestrians, a new town and the destruction of some concrete blocks, involving new roads. ? Refute or confirm this information?

... course area will increase by the same Vegas ...... another case in which packs and add-ons that will ... it is still a secret

This means one addon development thirds of the game could not restrict?
Everything can be

And if we talk about music, could be a new radio station?
Probably not

Sneaksie
10-05-2010, 08:54 AM
No, it's not abandoned. Expansion development has been currently suspended, but we do plan to deliver fixes and patches for the game.

A question was asked in the "Patch Discussion" thread, and replied by Sneaksie. I thought I would copy it here also. Since it pertains to this subject too.

lamanorbu
10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
At least a clue: an unfinished eastbound (las vegas-bound) road in Reno, maybe they thought to include the expansion in main r'n'r game (see attached screenshot). And another indication: when you won a race, an image that represent an International 9300 appears.

Se7en
11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Is there anything mentioned of apperance of the new trucks (Mack, Volvo, International?)

Sorry for double-post, but...
Ok, I have found this that MAY answer mine (and someone's else question)...

http://db-3.ru/sites/default/files/resources.jpg

Ok, so you see exactly 6 trucks that have been taken out from the game, and, as you can see, there are fake names on all 6 trucks, that raise another question:

Can it be that all these 6 trucks are going to be included in the Nevada add-on? :o
I don't see a reason why not, because they aren't licensed! I'd really like to see VOLVO VNL!
But there is another reason that i believe that these 6 truck are going to be included in the Nevada add-on 97%!
You see, these six trucks all have above them their fake logos, and they are hi-res! So, this can't be an fan picture because there is no files of these trucks whatsoever in the RNR folder. So this means this picture was made by 1C developers themselves! :grin:

Let's just wain 'n' see what will happen to these wonderful trucks :)

Se7en

If you need to add remarks to your last post, please use the "Edit" tab.

USA Trucker
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I would assume so too. They look really nice.:)

pook
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Se7en
No! This is not screen by SoftLab-NSK. This screen / image is hidden in the game folder for the game menu! This screen is hidden in the game from the beginning. Use the "wdbTexture" and open the game files and come across this picture .... The game is a dirty different dysfunctional mess.

Se7en
11-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Se7en
No! This is not screen by SoftLab-NSK. This screen / image is hidden in the game folder for the game menu! This screen is hidden in the game from the beginning. Use the "wdbTexture" and open the game files and come across this picture .... The game is a dirty different dysfunctional mess.
Thanks i just saw these pics, i found the file and extracted with WDB and, beleive me i started crying! WHY? Why did they remove those trucks and they are not even licensed!?!? Beleive me, they wouldn't leave all these stuff here for nothing!! They will probably activate this when they release this Nevada add-on!

UKTrucker
11-25-2010, 12:11 AM
I've been looking up on wikipedia everyday for changes, apparently the next add on is coming up in the next month, i do hope they go a head with the vegas add on. maybe expand beyond nevada as-well, that'd be really good (well obviously you don't wanna make too many cities), it takes like 30 minutes - 40 minutes alone from san diego to to the top of the map, but it would be nice to see nevada, always wanted to see vegas

USA Trucker
11-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Don't believe everything you see on Wikipedia. A lot of the times their information is incorrect. How would they know when it will be released?:confused:

The only ones that know are 1C & Softlabs. Anything else is just rumor.

mikethetrucker
11-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Are traffic lights going to be added? I wish the cities had more "movement" like people walking around; crossing the streets in the cities, and at the businesses. Would be nice to unload the trucks and going in the businesses that we drop off goods. I'm not liking dropping off things at the end of the interstate or having to slam on the brakes when the icon comes up to unhook the trailer.

BleDrajor
11-27-2010, 11:21 AM
We don't really know what the patch will add and optimize.
But as it seems traffic lights won't be added because the game developers think, it ain't necessary.

anry
12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Unofficial trailer "Big Races".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAW96kxSAoI&feature=player_embedded

bjorn324
12-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Very nice off road roads,

All the F1 trucks couldn't attract my attention. Good to hear this will not be included in the carreer mode itself

BleDrajor
02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
[...]

isnt there a airbrush mod included in this add on ive read it somewere that youll be able to paint the trucks in your own livery will this be in story mode or the big race add on?

Again, nobody really knows which additions will come with the patch. And we don't know if the patch will ever come. Seems to take some years again.

USA Trucker
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I relocated Ex-Trucker-UK post to the ‘General Patch Discussions‘ thread, where it is better suited, as it doesn’t really apply to this thread.

dan4815
05-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I found the first mention of the EN version of the expansion - the Monster Cup. Located at the Czech site. Perhaps we will see the large patches correction.
http://www.gameexpres.cz/hra-pro-pc-rig-n-roll-gold-edition-the-monster-cup-addon-p-12669.html

USA Trucker
05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I found the first mention of the EN version of the expansion - the Monster Cup. Located at the Czech site. Perhaps we will see the large patches correction.
http://www.gameexpres.cz/hra-pro-pc-rig-n-roll-gold-edition-the-monster-cup-addon-p-12669.html
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I hate to disappoint you, but there is no mention of the US version on that site. It’s only the Czech version. The Russian version was already released some time ago. This US version has been suspended indefinitely since last August 2010. Let’s not give our members false hope.;)

dan4815
05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I hate to disappoint you, but there is no mention of the US version on that site. It’s only the Czech version. The Russian version was already released some time ago. This US version has been suspended indefinitely since last August 2010. Let’s not give our members false hope.;)
Thank you for the welcome
I sent e-mail vendors, we will see if their bid is valid. Unfortunately, it's really probably the false of hope. Official website of RnR are more than a year, inactive.

USA Trucker
05-29-2011, 04:01 PM
You’re quite welcome.

The R ‘n’ R (US) site has been inactive since the release of the original US version last April 2010, because there have been no new developments for the US version in any way, shape, or form. I don’t expect any info in the forthcoming future. When I get word of any news, I will pass it on as I stated earlier in this thread. Anything else you hear is just rumor. If 1C/Softlabs doesn’t say it, then it’s false as far as I’m concerned.

Eggtooth
07-11-2011, 12:08 AM
This game is dead, for sure. :(

We got 2011, and there's still no news on patch/add-on, or even an info IF it is coming at all. I am affraid that this game is dead. Support has been dropped, but if not- I hope we will not need to wait another 9 years...

kennyb87
07-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Last update on the official site was April 16 2010 so I guess it is pretty much dead now but If you search around there are active forums run by russian people

BleDrajor
07-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Last update on the official site was April 16 2010 so I guess it is pretty much dead now but If you search around there are active forums run by russian people

Hmpf, last night I dreamt that the website was updated with flash and stuff. I was so happy when I got up until I realized that it was a freaking dream. :(

Eggtooth
07-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Hmpf, last night I dreamt that the website was updated with flash and stuff. I was so happy when I got up until I realized that it was a freaking dream. :(

We need to face the truth. Game has been abandoned, and we will never get any add-ons. I am really ready to pay any money to have this add-on on my PC with Mack Vision, and removed trucks :(

BleDrajor
07-13-2011, 10:01 AM
We need to face the truth. Game has been abandoned, and we will never get any add-ons. I am really ready to pay any money to have this add-on on my PC with Mack Vision, and removed trucks :(

I'm not even interested in the add-on, but I really would like to see a patch that i.e. fixes the window problem of the Freightliner Classic or adds some parking cars and trucks to the Truck Stops. And especially the ambient sounds (like rain or birds) and sounds like opening and closing doors that are in the game directory but not in the game!!

These needed fixes are so simple, it wouldn't take that much time to create a patch. But nothing!

I don't know what they (game developers) are doing right now, but I got the impression they don't give a about us anymore.
They got our money, what do they want more? Thanks!

More and more I know why I like SCS that much...

USA Trucker
07-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I know everyone is upset about RNR abandoning us with the add-on, and patches, but let's keep the languange clean. Even abbreviations are not accepted on this forum. Your points of view can be just as clear without the use of this kind of languange.;)

BleDrajor
07-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I know everyone is upset about RNR abandoning us with the add-on, and patches, but let's keep the languange clean. Even abbreviations are not accepted on this forum. Your points of view can be just as clear without the use of this kind of languange.;)

Alright, sorry! Won't repeat that.

USA Trucker
07-13-2011, 08:34 PM
No problem. Just remember, I'm a gamer of this also. I'm just as upset as you, and others are. I think this is a pointless topic though.

Remo801
07-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi Gents,

well I'm pretty sure the patch will come... not now, not tomorrow, but will.

My experience with 1C begun with IL-2 Sturmovik back in 2001,
and guess how long it took for first patch....

"Two weeks, be sure..." was a statement, and it's still an inside-joke
from IL-2 Community.
It also was called dead, but patch was released...late, but it was.

Who knows what the matter is... maybe all are busy with fixing
"Cliffs of Dover" Bugs or something.
It would help a thing, if a representative Dev/Mod gives a statement,
what's the fact right now.

Else, just keep waiting....

USA Trucker
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM
I do agree, but like you, and others... It would be considerate to give us some sort of comment. This is just disrespectful of this community, and the ones that purchased the game, and are now chasing for a patch.:(:evil:

Very poor customer relations.:!:

cgaston
07-23-2011, 04:50 AM
I do agree, but like you, and others... It would be considerate to give us some sort of comment. This is just disrespectful of this community, and the ones that purchased the game, and are now chasing for a patch.:(:evil:

Very poor customer relations.:!:

I agree, they need to either tell us yes or no!! Than again, look how long we waited for this one to be "finished"!! I do believe we are all still waiting for that to happen. :rolleyes:

meth
07-30-2011, 09:55 AM
everybody is upset with the game development. meanwhile, SCS Software is going to release Euro Truck Simulator 2 which has pretty good image quality too.

Should we stage a protest against the 1C Company for abandoning us?

BleDrajor
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
everybody is upset with the game development. meanwhile, SCS Software is going to release Euro Truck Simulator 2 which has pretty good image quality too.

Should we stage a protest against the 1C Company for abandoning us?

As I already said: More and more I know why I like SCS that much. ;)
In their Blog, they once made an allusion that something like an American Truck Simulator could be possible in future. I'm sure it would beat R&R in many points.

I'm interested, what's your idea how this protest action should look like?

USA Trucker
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Gentleman,

Let’s save the protest conversations for PM’s, and not on the open forum. Any further conversations of this type will be deleted. We’re all upset about this, but this is not the place to handle, or discuss it.

Besides... it would only get you self satisfaction, not a real result.;)

BleDrajor
08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
That's what I thought and feared, too.

By the way: Could it be possible that the developer team became insolvent?

USA Trucker
08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I will certainly check on this, and a couple of other questions.

BleDrajor
08-03-2011, 09:38 AM
I will certainly check on this, and a couple of other questions.

Alright, thank you! :)

Bidolot
08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
hello, i buy it and Rig'n'Roll of output.
I learn there is an add-on (monster cup) I want to know this add-on that will be sold separately from the game only add-on and not Rig'n'Roll gold edition.
I can not find this add-on internet please help me :confused:

USA Trucker
08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
At this moment, the prospects don’t look good for a patch, or add-on. I am currently waiting for additional concrete info, but I wouldn’t expect good news for the English version of RNR. :(

dan4815
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I was confirmed by Czech retailers that expansion was postponed, but that comes out. The Russian forums, I saw information that is being done already to the next repair and further expansion, which should come out in November (the year after the first expansion). Then everything will be also included in the Gold version for the English version. But it's just speculation. Problem 1C is on the side, not the developers.

USA Trucker
08-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I was confirmed by Czech retailers that expansion was postponed, but that comes out. The Russian forums, I saw information that is being done already to the next repair and further expansion, which should come out in November (the year after the first expansion). Then everything will be also included in the Gold version for the English version. But it's just speculation. Problem 1C is on the side, not the developers.
As of now, there is no ad-ons, or patches due for the English version. Please do not speculate, or quote things that are NOT officially stated by 1C/Softlabs. Your only adding to the confusion, and given false hope. Most of this is rumor control, and I’m here to stop this.

Please don’t post these adds, or rumors there of. We all want official confirmation. Not Wiki, Czech sites, Polish sites, etc. It must come from 1C/Soflabs officially. Don’t make me start deleting these false reports.