PDA

View Full Version : problem with bug fixing need help

antoha1
09-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I tried to post this on one of the older threads but got no reply so i am tying it here

I got my game crashing when i try to leave the sector so uninstalled the game even killed all the saves and c1 folder in program files so when i reinstalled the game i switched all my tga files in hud folder to read only i still got the crash
i played around with it and i noticed that my saved games and my settings were there from previous game install no my question is how do i completely uninstall everything so i can reinstall a cleat version. Any help appreciated

Nat_Crelk
09-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi !

What's your OS?

'Cause with Win 7 (mine is 64bits), sometimes, saves and config files are put in another folder.

Some of my savegames are in c:\Program Data\nameofthegame folder.

But I assume that it's not the case for my 7.62 saves.

antoha1
09-21-2010, 07:47 PM
i figured its not in the game folder i just dont know where to look. i got vista btw

Nat_Crelk
09-21-2010, 08:05 PM
That's what I say.

Savegames are stored in an other folder than te game's one.

That's the "Program Data" folder on Win7 (it's a hidden one so you have to check for seeing it in you Configuration panel -> files options)

But maybe you didn't have deleted ALL the files contained in 1C\7.63\saves ?

Or the 2nd only solution was that your game's config files were stored in your data cached memory.

Have you tried restarting your computer ?

antoha1
09-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Yep I restarted my PC and deleted everything from C1 folder but i do need help finding Program Data folder i am not to good with the computers but i am learning

Nat_Crelk
09-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Ok I'll try to help you finding that Program Data Folder.

1) Go there : Config Panel -> Folders Options -> Second Tab ("Display")
There you can see a scrolling window and at the back there is a little folder icon with two
checking boxes :
"Display hidden folders and files"
"Do not display hidden blabla"

2) Check the first box in order that your computer will now show U the hidden ones
3) Click "Apply" then "OK"
4) Go to C: (or whatever letter, the location of your program files folder) and now you can see the famous and so mysterious "Program Data"

See there if there is no 7.62 old files left.
The folder should be named 1C Comp or 7.62 High Calibre.

If it's not that solution I'm sorry but I don't know what to do otherwise

PS excuse the spelling and grammatical mistakes 'cause I'm french.

Hope that will help

EDIT : try to install the Unofficial Patch. I'm playing with (plus the Blue Sun Mod) and a very lot of issues have been resolved with those ones.

Nat_Crelk
09-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I see you're here.

Try what I've wrote

antoha1
09-22-2010, 12:17 AM
I found the folder but no luck on save files thank you for your help anyway. I will keep on looking for the solution i just like the damn game to much

Nat_Crelk
09-22-2010, 12:18 AM
I found the folder but no luck on save files thank you for your help anyway. I will keep on looking for the solution i just like the damn game to much

Do you play with Unoffcial Patch + Blue Sun Mod ?
A very bunch of bugs had been fixed with those ones.

Uninstall and Reinstall 7.62 in AN OTHER folder han C:\Program Files
(juste like a new folder : c:/Games)

Then DL and install Unofficial Patch (see the thread with that name -first post)
and DL and install Blue Sun Mod (see the hread with that namt too -first post by R@S)

All is explained thankfully by R@S in the "Blue Sun Mod" thread
I think that will correct your bugs of config