PDA

View Full Version : Steam Community & 1C games

Burekman
09-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi.

This is more of a Steam problem so I hope I chose the right forum section to post it, but it's an issue that applies to some recent 1C games and so I decided to post it here.

It's not really a big problem, more of a personal pet peeve of mine. As you avid Steam users probably already know, Steam has some great community features. One of these features is the ability to show off what games you own to your friends or anyone that visits your profile really. And here is where the problem lies. Many of the recently released 1C games on Steam are missing their community image and consequently do not appear on "All games" list on your profile page. They do however appear on your "recently played" list, but they are missing an image.

To illustrate the problem, I'll be using my own profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/burekman/games

As you can see, I have two 1C games on my "recently played" list: KB: Crossworld and KB: Armored Princess. But notice how the first is missing the image and the second has it? Now if you click the "all games" tab you will notice that only Armored Princess (which has the image) appears on that list. This means that once I stop playing Crossworld for two weeks, it will dissapear from the "recently played" list and if someone wants to check my playtime or whether I own that game or not, they won't be able to until I play it again.

All 1C games that are affected by this:

Space Rangers 2: Reboot
Space Rangers
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
Theatre of War
Rig n Roll
Fantasy Wars
King's Bounty: Crossworlds

Now before you tell me to go to the Steam forums, believe me, I've done that already. I also contacted Steam support. They told me they are aware of the issue and are looking into it, but nothing happened for about a month since then. So this is why I've come to these forums. Maybe someone from 1C can speed the proces by bugging Steam about it, as I don't think they really care about my problem. :)

Nike-it
09-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi.

This is more of a Steam problem so I hope I chose the right forum section to post it, but it's an issue that applies to some recent 1C games and so I decided to post it here.

It's not really a big problem, more of a personal pet peeve of mine. As you avid Steam users probably already know, Steam has some great community features. One of these features is the ability to show off what games you own to your friends or anyone that visits your profile really. And here is where the problem lies. Many of the recently released 1C games on Steam are missing their community image and consequently do not appear on "All games" list on your profile page. They do however appear on your "recently played" list, but they are missing an image.

To illustrate the problem, I'll be using my own profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/burekman/games

As you can see, I have two 1C games on my "recently played" list: KB: Crossworld and KB: Armored Princess. But notice how the first is missing the image and the second has it? Now if you click the "all games" tab you will notice that only Armored Princess (which has the image) appears on that list. This means that once I stop playing Crossworld for two weeks, it will dissapear from the "recently played" list and if someone wants to check my playtime or whether I own that game or not, they won't be able to until I play it again.

All 1C games that are affected by this:

Space Rangers 2: Reboot
Space Rangers
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
Theatre of War
Rig n Roll
Fantasy Wars
King's Bounty: Crossworlds

Now before you tell me to go to the Steam forums, believe me, I've done that already. I also contacted Steam support. They told me they are aware of the issue and are looking into it, but nothing happened for about a month since then. So this is why I've come to these forums. Maybe someone from 1C can speed the proces by bugging Steam about it, as I don't think they really care about my problem. :)

Many thanks for describing this issue. Will contact Steam and ask to fix this problem.

JacquestheApostate
10-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Another issue is Steam's inability to automatically update with the latest patch.

Nike-it
10-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Another issue is Steam's inability to automatically update with the latest patch.

What title are you talking about?