PDA

View Full Version : adjusting mods!

abbasnd
09-14-2010, 10:08 PM
hello falks ,i've downloded the black hawk down mod , its an exellent mod , but the RPG is very week and it doesn't even make a small hole in a house :confused: .
and how could i increese the range of a weapon?

KnightFandragon
09-16-2010, 07:33 AM
pretty much all weapon stats are in set/stuff/ then in there is gun, Mgun, smg, rifle...the works you go into those folders and open a weapon then edit it.

abbasnd
09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
i found the folder and used the note pad to open the files like info. ... but the pak file gave me hard time ,i didn't know that it opens with winzip :)
thanks for your help ,i'm going to change a few information here and there to see what i can do :shock: , do you know anything about changing breeds ?? chekout my post on GEM Editor

KnightFandragon
09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
I saw your breed post, were you trying to change the soldiers in the squads for Combat mode? idk how to change actual MP mode squads. There is some file like multiplayer/armies/soldiers or something and I dont get how to change it, add anything.....I only know how to make new soldiers and stuff in breed for the editor, SP missions and coop. ive created multiple different soldiers that work fine in sp and the editor and stuff, But for combat mode it requires making a new squad and idk how to do that.

abbasnd
09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
To correct my previous reply, i used the dragon UNpacker to open the .pak file ,then i renamed it to resource .
i've spent the last 3 hours on modifying the mod ,i custimized the breeds in a balanced way (like the special forces became expert in most weapons) ,
increased an option for combat mod where you can make the number of troops unlimited ,and max resources 5000 ,and changed a few names .
I searched alot in this mod but i couldent find where i can change the range of the weapons in this mod (but i found the files which contain info about the wpns : AK47 ,M16 , BKM,M14 ..... )

KnightFandragon
09-17-2010, 03:48 PM
weird, weapon ranges are just in the weapon file, its like set/stuff/mgun/pkm and in that pkm file is where the range, Rate of fire and everything else about it is.

abbasnd
09-18-2010, 06:13 PM
At last , i think i found the file ,it makes sense ,the range option is found in a file: set/stuff/smg/smg .it must be the one ,its odd how i didn't pay attention to it before :eek: