PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop Hader (Star Wolves 3)?

Seige911
09-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Hello,

It appears I am stuck on the mission "Stop Hader" (the one directly after the one where you stop Viper. You launch the Admiral at the very start then "approach the station" where you can get a bunch of free goodies. How do you successfully complete this mission? This is in Star Wolves 3.

For all scenarios the Admiral has a good tier 5 ship. Thus far I have tried:

1) Launching the Admiral at the start of the mission rushing to the station then slaughtering the hostile forces that come out of portal. At the end of the mission the station, Admiral and shipyards are still alive and yet kaboom defeat.

2) Launching the Admiral at the start of the mission rushing to the station then slaughtering the hostile forces come close to the station and shipyard leaving the hostile mothership alone. The mothership hangs back at the portal and then kaboom defeat.

3) Launching the Admiral when I am 100-200 clicks from the station, getting my stuff then slaughtering the hostile forces that exit the portal. At the end of the mission the station, Admiral and shipyards are still alive and yet kaboom defeat.

4) Launching the Admiral when I am 100-200 clicks from the station, getting my stuff then slaughtering the hostile forces come close to the station and shipyard leaving the hostile mothership alone. The mothership hangs back at the portal and then kaboom defeat.

Not sure what I am suppose to do to win this, any pointers?

Trucidation
09-13-2010, 02:02 AM
I love kicking Hader's ass, he makes it easy to dislike him. Since you mentioned Viper I assume this is the MSF storyline (you get to kick Hader's butt elsewhere too, the circumstances differ slightly iirc). It's been a while though so you'll need to refresh my memory.

You said you took care of Viper, that means you're with Admiral Trump right? Can you clarify exactly what you mean by "launching the admiral"? (Try to be specific, both Trump and Hader are admirals, it can get a bit confusing :)

If I'm not mistaken, you have a few goals: prevent the missile ships from destroying their target, destroy the missile ships, destroy Hader, keep Trump alive. Your main target is the missile ships (the "sappers" Hader talks about) and Hader himself. You probably lost because those missile ships delivered their payload - you need to take them out first. Taking out Hader should also stop the fight iirc.

Since there's several Hader scenarios and I don't remember exactly the MSF one, I can only give you a general strategy. Camp the portal Hader's forces appear from. Destroy the missiles boats first and if possible go for Hader directly. Torpedo him. Once he's destroyed you're usually safe, just mop up the rest. Your mothership doesn't need to join the fight, actually usually there's a bunch of hostile ships elsewhere in the system and I send it there.

You'll need to be a bit more specific who is in the system and what exactly are the mission objectives (see your quest log). Which station you're heading to, who else besides your team is in the system, which portal Hader's forces appear from.

Seige911
09-14-2010, 03:01 AM
It is the mission where you side with Trump, right after you take out Viper. Your at the shipyard right before you get the production Lion MK2. Actually, figured out how to beat it... I was taking out all fighters however, I actually killed Hader before he had time to finish calling for a retreat. He would initiate the script to do so when his health hit a certain level die, and then be unable to continue. I actually figured out how to beat it, just do not kill Hader and tell fighters to dock and let him retreat.

Now I am stuck at the last mission same mission arc taking out SAM and his massive number of mother ships. Everyone is in gunship T maxed equip (everyone has the max shield, repair module and AMS). Capital ship has maxed Helios and pulse lasers, along with the top tier heavy cannons (the ones that do 1600 damage). Equip wise 2 top tier shields, AMS, and top tier repair module. Go into the battle using all my abilities to flood the battlefield with ships, and tell everyone to go for SAM. Sometimes I get him but the other ships end up doing me in the end. Guess I will try God Mode and see if that gets me through.

Question: Is it possible to mod the game midway through, like adding items, ships, etc?

Trucidation
09-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, most modding has to happen midgame - early game missions are more or less forced on you so you can't deviate, but after you get the repainted Mastiff you can start wandering around already. That's not to say you can't mod stuff earlier, you can mod even the starting tug you begin a new game with but obviously there's not much point in that since you lose it soon anyway.

Be aware that modding items which you already have can produce strange results - i.e. it's best to mod stuff you haven't got yet.