PDA

View Full Version : Rain & Other Environmental Mods.

USA Trucker
09-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Since one of our members decided to delete his version of the "Rain Mod", the entire tread went too because it was the lead post. So I have created a new thread, and PM'd Remo801, and asked him to repost his version of it.

Remo801
09-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Well,

here is a Backup from original MOD File :D

Download:
RigNRoll_rainmod.rar (http://remo801.de/il2/RigNRoll_rainmod.rar)

This MOD changes the Rain appearance to more realistic values,
now the use of wippers is essential.

Description:

To use this Mod, open following path:
...\RigNRoll\Data\Weather

Backup the file raindrops.ini, if its in your directory.
Copy/Paste the File raindrops.ini from RigNRoll_rainmod.rar
into your Weather-Directory, and voila... the Mod is on :D

Big THANK YOU to the Author of this Mod

Have fun !!

duckcs
11-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Screenshot please? :}

scaniaman500
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
so does this mod work? becouse i can detect any changes :confused:

USA Trucker
11-26-2010, 09:25 PM
You're doing something wrong. It worked great for me. One of the better modding jobs offered.

Transport Steve
12-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Yep, thanks to whoever created this, there is an improvement, but, I still cannot drive properly in it though......:grin::grin:

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

VNfan
02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I have now installed this mod, and I must say: FANTASTIC! This is exactly what I've been missing in RnR (and 18WoS-series, for that matter). There must have been made some kind of mistake with the rain effect on the windscreen, I am so happy to see it fixed :D.

Mephic
04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi, does this mod require to start a new game?

I didn't know where to put it but I Have a question about rain in game. I started history mode (career) and it is raining all the time despite from the fact that the weather is sunny and forecast shows sunny weather too. It looks very unrealisticy. I have patched polish version. Any solution to this? And I fixed my game fps to stable 30 by reinstalling windows. I had some driver issues.

USA Trucker
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
To be on the safe side I would, but you can try it. If it doesn’t disturb your saved games, than your fine.

This is a common complaint, as is with the opposite. I didn’t see my first raindrop for a few gaming months. It goes both ways. It’s just a design flaw. You could see rain for days while the sun is shining.:lol:

Mephic
04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
This is a common complaint, as is with the opposite. I didn’t see my first raindrop for a few gaming months. It goes both ways. It’s just a design flaw. You could see rain for days while the sun is shining.:lol:

Oh well... thank You very much for Your fast reply. :) That's sad a bit though, because I hate when it looks like this. I just installed rain mod so let's hope it will fix it :)

Yes!!! The rain mod fixed it - there is no rain anymore when sunshine weather. THank God :)

USA Trucker
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but the rain mod only adjust the raindrop sizes, and splash effects, not when they appear.:( If you get it to do this, than that’s just luck of the draw. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Mephic
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but the rain mod only adjust the raindrop sizes, and splash effects, not when they appear.:( If you get it to do this, than that’s just luck of the draw. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Well maybe I'll try to tweak some files than. 10-7

USA Trucker
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Any tweaking that you do, and works. Please share them with the forum members. I’ll create another Mod section for your developments.:cool:

Cadiz
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Thank you very much for this mod, I have the English version of the game. Do you know if it works in the English version?
Thank you guys.

USA Trucker
10-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Hello & welcome to the forum. :)

All mods here were created for the English version. You should have no problem using these mods if your game is the English version.

USA Trucker
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
The link & instructions for this mod are provided on post #2 of this thread. :rolleyes: