PDA

View Full Version : Star Wolves 2 - Text error

Evendaen
09-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Hello

After installing the mod 'Real_SW2_MOD' or a patch, i get an text error in the tactical overview and in the dialog scenes.
Any help possible ?

Thanx so far.

/edit
Playing under Vista 64bit and Win7 32bit

Goblin Wizard
09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Do you use English or German version of SW2?

Evendaen
09-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I use the german version of SW 2.

Goblin Wizard
09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Strange, it should work. Try this:
- make fresh install of SW2
- copy all files of the mod EXCEPT LocData folder.
- check how it looks. If it changes something try too add folder by folder checking after each. Let me know which one is causing the problem. EDIT: I mean folders inside LocData folder.

It's only an idea so don't expect too much.

Evendaen
09-03-2010, 06:30 PM
thanx for it, i'll try it this evening :)

/edit
I copied all files except the LocData and the game runs fine. Got the new MS an the better fighter...so, are the locdata files realy needed ? ;)

Ok, i found the problem (hope so^^). After copying Locdata\German\Locations i get the text error.

Trucidation
09-03-2010, 10:54 PM
\locdata\ is text information, at least in SW3 (should be same for prev games). Game should run fine without modding them, only you won't get any changed info the modders added. We get the same text spew if add extra fields which weren't in the original display. Probably a small typo in there somewhere.

Goblin Wizard
09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Ok, i found the problem (hope so^^). After copying Locdata\German\Locations i get the text error.
So do not copy this folder. I doubt the author changed anything there because all files inside are coded.

Rastix
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I use the german version of SW 2.Are you using nodvd?

Evendaen
09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
ok, that's the way it works now:
* fresh install of SW2
* make a copy from the Locdata folder e.g. LocData_orig
* copy all files from the Real_SW2_Mod into SW2 folder
* copy all files from the Locdata_orig folder back to Locdata
* this works so far, but you'll miss some discriptions of modules and some ships
* copy the files m_bs_modules.loc, m_cacasses.loc, s_carcasses.loc and m_modules.loc from the MOD Folder into x:\SW2\DATA\LocData\german\
* have fun *g*

I run a installation from the 'Computer Bild Spiele DVD' 01 2008