PDA

View Full Version : What is the point in Conquering ANY town?

Xiola
09-03-2010, 03:06 AM
There seems to be no benefit at all, I simply lose money on the people I sent to guard it as they are eventually killed.

I had 700,000 saved up, now its down to 500,000 and I seemingly am no better of in any way?

WOuldnt it be better if there was some benefit to conquering cities? Possibly financial if you hold on to them?

Vader
09-03-2010, 09:00 AM
are you talking about the later missions from tang?

the paliniero cities? or are you refering to generaly conquering cities in the game?
i think that despite that it is possible the game does nothing to encurage the gamer to do so---> cost drain as a major pain in the butt....

i ve done so in earlier times about bsm 0.5 (?) or so. in these times the money was no prob and i had numerous cities under my control with milztroops about the size of 50^^. mind you, if your around in such the city and it gets attacked the game goes to sleep...

if it is the former, then it is still not really necessary to hold the cities, just long enough to get the mission text that you have the city... the plot moves still on.

R@S
09-04-2010, 08:55 AM
The whole economy of capturing towns has never worked, and it's the reason I never bothered with it. But since I've now gone through the code and made a few new things I might be able to make it worthwhile. The biggest problem is that the militia you hire cost ~3000 eldos when you hire them directly, then they cost ~4 eldos each day, and at the end of the month you have to pay all the administrative costs an such which amonunts to alot of eldos. I haven't tried it, but I think one can cheat by lowering the funding a few days before the monthly pay is due and then raise it again after, you might lose a few militiamen but they'll come back once the funding is raised again.

Another problem is that all your militia in different cities shares the funding you give them, it means you can't set which town should have priority when recruiting men. You end up paying the ~3000 eldos hiring cost so that vulnerable towns get their militia as fast as you need them.

There is also the limit of troops you can can have loaded in a town, or send to other towns, and this also concerns the enemies. If you hire 35 militia men in a town the enemy needs several patrols to capture it, giving you time to call the Mayor and re-hire new men. The Merc Tab in the Journal updates whenever a town with militia is under attack, and the result of the attack, keep an eye on it and you'll be able to keep the towns without much problems.

Redjac
09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I never had a town that could hold its own against the enemy once I left. Money is not a problem and I maxed out the militia but as soon as i leave the towns get invaded.

except for the military base you acquire.