PDA

View Full Version : 'Wish List' of what people want to have

KCvale
09-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I'll kick this off...

Multiplayer:
LAN of course, but Internet hosting that is not going to charge, but if that is not an option then at least put in direct IP hosting others can join please.
For many this is preferable anyway, with just a little in-game chat area for private games.
And of the ability to help (or hurt) another on-line player with real vehicle to vehicle contact.

Playing Modes:
I understand this game is based on getting from here to there mostly by yourself in single or multiplayer, but some head to head checkpoint racing through multiple checkpoints where you can trade some paint with others is extremely fun!

Other modes to consider are Missions and Treasure Hunts.
Some people prefer to just play solo and this gives them more game options.

User Made Add-Ons:
This to me is what separates a game being bought and played for many years, from those that get played to the end and then traded away.

It is also what I base making a 'fan site' on.

Take Flatout for example, a very fun game to play solo or multiplayer but it just got boring after awhile because add-ons were way too hard, but moding the game to cheat way to easy.
It should be the other way around.

The ability for a user to make and share his own totally custom Tracks and Vehicles from scratch draws nearly as many people as those that just want to play the game and not get bored.

In the EVO series by TRI they made a track editor which wasn't just some 'snap pieces together', but a full blown PC based 3D track maker.
And for Vehicles it was designed to allow free full PC based 3D editors like Z-Modeler to make completely custom Vehicles from scratch.

And of course the game needs to be able to allow them to added or removed from the game with ease as well as detect in multiplayer the difference between stock and custom and stock, and if possible exchange between players anything another player doesn't have.

1C-Avalon, the best way to see what I mean is just visit my 4x4 Evo2 Web Site (http://vales.com/evo2) and download the free version of game and try it.

There are 2,482 Vehicle and 970 Track Map unique uploads all made by players.
Play with the game a bit.
We still love it, it's graphics and psychics are just way outdated.

You are just another in a long list of developers that had/have a game in development we are hoping we can migrate to.

'If you build it, they will come.' (from Field of Dreams)

If you want my help just ask.
If you want to intrigue my community in the forums you can start here http://vales.com/evo2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22371
Just making some contact and showing you are developer that listens make a huge difference.

It is diverse crowd I think you could benefit from if you want to take the TRI developer way of making what people want.

Now I am off to send them over here ;-}

XJAbuzer
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I'll kick this off...

User Made Add-Ons:
This to me is what separates a game being bought and played for many years, from those that get played to the end and then traded away.

It is also what I base making a 'fan site' on.

Take Flatout for example, a very fun game to play solo or multiplayer but it just got boring after awhile because add-ons were way too hard, but moding the game to cheat way to easy.
It should be the other way around.

The ability for a user to make and share his own totally custom Tracks and Vehicles from scratch draws nearly as many people as those that just want to play the game and not get bored.

In the EVO series by TRI they made a track editor which wasn't just some 'snap pieces together', but a full blown PC based 3D track maker.
And for Vehicles it was designed to allow free full PC based 3D editors like Z-Modeler to make completely custom Vehicles from scratch.

And of course the game needs to be able to allow them to added or removed from the game with ease as well as detect in multiplayer the difference between stock and custom and stock, and if possible exchange between players anything another player doesn't have.

1C-Avalon, the best way to see what I mean is just visit my 4x4 Evo2 Web Site (http://vales.com/evo2) and download the free version of game and try it.

There are 2,482 Vehicle and 970 Track Map unique uploads all made by players.
Play with the game a bit.
We still love it, it's graphics and psychics are just way outdated.

You are just another in a long list of developers that had/have a game in development we are hoping we can migrate to.

'If you build it, they will come.' (from Field of Dreams)

If you want my help just ask.
If you want to intrigue my community in the forums you can start here http://vales.com/evo2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22371
Just making some contact and showing you are developer that listens make a huge difference.

It is diverse crowd I think you could benefit from if you want to take the TRI developer way of making what people want.

Now I am off to send them over here ;-}

I agree with everything that KC has stated. User made add-ons especially. Despite all the games that have come out in the last 10 years, none of them have been as easy to mod as 4x4 Evo2. A game just gets old really quickly when you are limited to the in-game content, no matter how vast that content is.

I have been making add-ons for 4x4 Evo2 for many years now and to me that is half the fun....to be able to create your one-of-a-kind unique creation and make it available for other players to download, enjoy, and comment on. Evo 1 & 2 would not be alive today if it weren't for the multiplayer and the vast amount of add-ons. It would be a bad mistake if you were to leave the ability to replace tracks or environments and trucks out of this game. It will be the difference in having a title that lasts for years to come or one that ends up in the bargain bin at your local Wal-Mart within a year, but that is just my humble opinion.

I really hope the development team working with 1C publishing is listening to this and considering it.

RacinKing
09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Nice to see you both here KC and Abuzer.

Hi i come from the 4x4Evo2 community and i seen this game on KC's site and watched a few videos and i'm hooked on this game and connot wait to see more of it and when it comes out. I wanna buy the PC and xbox360 game.

Alittle thing i'd like to see and i've always been looking for in a Offroading game is Mud Bogging. I do alot of it in real life and i love it, it very very fun. Maybe add a free roam forsure in this game and try to make the mud realistic as possible and i'll be a FAN of this game for along time :cool:

KCvale
09-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Alittle thing i'd like to see and i've always been looking for in a Offroading game is Mud Bogging. I do alot of it in real life and i love it, it very very fun. It already has that according to the web site and pics, really nasty realistic mud at that ;-}

Nike-it
09-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Welcome to our forum guys. I'll definitely deliver all your thoughts and suggestions to developers:)

XJAbuzer
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Awesome. It is really nice to know that you guys are actually paying attention.

badjer777
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi all, good to see there may actually be a good 4x4 game in the works.
I am also from the 4x4Evo2 community.....I have made track add ons for that
game for several years now.
I have high hopes for Off-Road Drive and I hope it also includes modibility.

The graphics look great on what I have seen so far......
I would like to know more such as what pc specs you would need to run this game.

All in all the 1C sites are pretty darn good.

chinook4411
09-03-2010, 04:18 PM
AMEN! As I said in my other post. The best thing you can do to ensure the success of this game is to listen to KC. I bet he may even prompt a few thousand sales for you!

What about Beta testing? Looking for experienced drivers to test, you'll find one here, and many more over at KCs site.

KCvale
09-04-2010, 05:48 PM
1C.. What the heck is up with your extremely difficult registration process!?

For crying out loud, I thought I was just having a bad day when I finally managed to register, but I have a over a dozen e-mails from people that just flat gave up because of the BS in the last 2 days.

Putting blocking spammers at all costs doesn't.
All it does is keep people that really want to be here from being able too.

If the Producer of this new cool looking potential Evo2 replacement game easy to talk about here, no Problem.

Talk About The Game Here (http://vales.com/evo2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22377) on KC's Evo2 site.
Easy to join and we are the major group dying for a new more advanced replacement for our high end PC gaming machines.

1C:Avalon, are you paying attention?
We are not out to steal any glory for 1C Corp, we just want to talk with the development team and let you know what our community would like to see is all.

This forum making it so frustrating to even register does not help that.

Come and talk to us.
We listen, we have idea's, we help, and if done right we buy.

chilly731
09-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't know if it is too late to reply to the thread, but I'll do it anyway.
I would probably have to agree with KCvale.

-It would be nice to see a lot various mods, as said before, like in 4x4 Evo 2.

-It would also be great if each vehicle had its own engine sound and a realistic one too, unlike UAZ 4x4, which was an okay game, apart from the fact that the engine noise was the same on all vehicles, and it was really annoying haha.

-Motorm4x was an amazing game so, the physics and the camera motion in the game were great, unlike 4x4 Hummer which had terrible gameplay.

-Would be nice to see a bigger map though.

-More cars as well as part varieties, such as a Snorkel, and a winch, which you have already add to the game, and that's nice.

-Some more vegetation in various areas would be nice. And the damage should stay the way it is.

-It would also be great if the video settings allowed for really high graphics for high end computers and low settings for older, lower end computers.

-More locations would be nice, like in the Jungle, Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, Egypt, those sort of places.

-There's definetly got to be free roam and cheats (you have to admit, everyone needs a little help sometimes haha)

-Overall it would be nice to see an improved and mixed version of Motorm4x, 4x4 Evo 2, and basically real life off-roading.

KCvale
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Guys, nice to see you made it over ;-}

I completely forgot about 'boundaries'...

Please don't make it so you have to stay on the track.
As chilli mentioned, Free Roam.
Far too many driving games either force you to stay on the track with guardrails and such, or if you stray off it picks you up and drops you back on the 'road'.

Shortcut's can be a double edged sword.
Provided they are difficult enough and your driving skill, you can shave time or really blow it and loose time.

Here is a good example of shortcuts, as well as player screen options.

This is Bayou Flats in Evo 2.
A multi-lap checkpoint track.

As you approach checkpoint 1 the Map shows the road bending to the left, then going around in a U to meet checkpoint 2, while the big green pointer always points to the next checkpoint, not the road path.

http://vales.com/pics/BayouFlats.gif

With the right speed and direction right after clearing checkpoint 1, you can jump onto the back of the boat, and bounce up the other side of the hill right through checkpoint 2 and on your way.

Miss however and you hit the boat or land in the deep water and need to get 'rescued' back in front of checkpoint 1 with no speed and take the long way.

Note that is just a little animated .gif of four in game screenshots, not a replay.

I like to run 1st person view with as little screen clutter as possible.
No hood, no dash, etc.
The ability to toggle all of that really makes it nice so please keep that in mind.

redneckjeepfan
09-09-2010, 03:32 AM
whats going guys. glad to see a game that is all about the physics of how mud, swamp, water, hill climbs and the movement of axles and suspensions work during wheelen. i am a person that has a jeep that is built to the hilt. i don't know how easy it would be to contain the real life breakage characteristics of 4 wheelen. i mean not everyone breaks, its really only the people that have weak parts or, they just drive like idiots. would be sweet to see in the game like a treasure hunt or search and rescue. how about a trail run. that is what a lot of us 4 wheelen junkies do anyways. maybe have a temperature gauge for the on the display. i saw that one rig had the radiator in the back for when you have to battle the muddy water crossings. also have the ability to add under carriage lights for night wheelen. hope that some of this is useful.

KCvale
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
whats going guys. glad to see a game that is all about the physics of how mud, swamp, water, hill climbs and the movement of axles and suspensions work during wheelen. I agree ;-}

With that in mind I still can't stress enough how important the ability for a user to make a new vehicle from a free 3D program like Z-modeler is.

The 4x4 series shipped with SUV's and Pick-Ups.

Here are just some examples of what this ability allows to be created...

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/XclrXLe2.zipjpg

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/Viper.JPG

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/E2GRAVE_DIGGER.jpg

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/Xcel3SSUL2.JPG

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/959AF.JPG

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/XvertXLe2.zipjpg

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/8wheel.zipjpg

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/warelc.jpg

That is just a few of the thousands of 'from scratch' vehicles made that can be shared and played in-game and on-line with free tools.

Big rigs, hover craft, tanks, every car you think of, even boats!
All stand alone add-ons.

That is part 1 of keeping a game popular and prime for future II and III releases.

Part 2 is a stand alone editor to make your own custom Track maps as well.
This is much more complex of course, and maybe charge $20 for it or something, but even with a million vehicles the tracks get old.

That is what happened with Flatout.
A very fun arcadish game to play because of vehicle and terrain damage, but no way to make new tracks and even when they came out with Flatout 2 it was pretty much still the same tracks.

FaustKnight
09-12-2010, 03:21 AM
No vehicles from me KC? :P

I too am from the 4x4 Evo community. Also there are several thousand people over at pirate4x4 forums who would probably go nuts for this game if it is in any way mod ready.

I'm a long time modder for 4x4evo 1 & 2, 1nsane, and a skinner for Screamer 4x4.

User based mods on the PC are a must for me. If I read reviews that say it is not modable, I will probably not buy the game.

http://vales.com/evo2/trucks/pics/cj3afrc.jpg

http://vales.com/evo2/Fpics/196_10_cut_600.jpg.FP

KCvale
09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Hahaha, sorry Faust, I just randomy picked a few sorted by 'most downloaded'.
You are a great modeler and make woderful add-ons.

Which of course brings us right back to this point...
A game can live forever and get far buyers if the players can actually make something totally unique, stand alone, and easy to add (or remove) in the game and share.

Please don't confuse this with in-game vehicle mods like paint and stickers and such, that takes no real skill and you never get anything that is completely unique and actually new to drive.

motomandd
09-17-2010, 01:01 AM
I agree with everyone here. i too am from KCs evo forums, and everything in his post is something Id like to see.

KCvale
09-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Moto, nice to see you ;-}

Redline
10-30-2010, 06:13 AM
I have followed the prequals to this upcomming game full drive 3.

from what i have seen you have already incorperated alot of simulation depth game mechanics like winch and tyre pressure control in previous games, it looks like you are going more in depth this time, yet again. i read about your front rear differential locking and i instantly knew you guys were taking this to another level.

some suggestions i have include.

Damage: dont force pre race repairs for damaged parts like: body parts, lights, i love to see persistant damage, and do what repairs are manditory, as minimul as i can get away with.

And please go right into depth with damages such as blown tires, twisted/bent frames/chassis, realistic drive train damage.

thanks for your time to read that.

ps. KC, these guys arent going to let you down on any single player gameplay in any way, the chrome engine they use has already had a few custom cars and tracks added to other games, i dont think it was easy, but the modders did good jobs at some very custom creations.

and ps developers, please take notes on kc's multiplayer suggestions, if that part of the game is done right, full drive 3 will raise the bar to unmatchable heights in this small yet eager to grow game genre.

tvc
10-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Is there a possibility for trucks such as Kamaz, Oshkosh and Tatra if it's not too late in the development?

Edit:

Just remembered modding tools are most likely going to be included, so someone will probably make trucks eventually.

thomasray
11-09-2010, 05:14 AM
hello . . . !!!
i am also new here , nice to meet you !!!
i have seen this game on other site start searching some videos found it awesome and decided to be a part :D
hope that i be warmly welcomed :D
my lead system pro (http://www.zchand.com/10/myleadsystempro)

bbwhaling
11-13-2010, 12:48 AM
this game does look good.but with out free roam it will suck.cabelas 4x4 was good.but graphix sucked.also should have trail editor or map editor like in far cry.i used to make maps in there just to four wheel on with the hummer

bboywampa
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
What I really would like this game to have is good suspension.
I want to be able to crawl over rocks in free roam 'hinthint' and see the car flex just like in real life. and I don't mean stock wrangler flex,I want my car to have one wheel 1.5 meters up in the air and the others still on the ground.

Krazee DD
11-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Free Roam maps!!!

REPLAYS!!!!

Those 2 will sell copies like hot cakes!

C_J
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I would be great if you could create a free roam map like island Panau in the game Just Cause 2, by Eidos Entertainment and which uses the Avalanche 2 engine. It has four regions; desser, Snow mountain range, forest(different types) and city. It really interesting like Crysis and Gta 4 smack together, good game too.

Take a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWNaeiv22E&playnext=1&list=PL5A437E6429A0BA01&index=2

I think the fans would like this, Motorm4x is free roam too, but maps are far smaller

Krazee DD
12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I'll take a small male that has a bunch of rock crawling spots. I'm not looking to got fast and explore. I'm looking to have some offroading fun on my console.

C_J
12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Well ok, but could you just imagine on pc, online!...expeditions, tournaments,races...life like you know

Goosey
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
What I really would like this game to have is good suspension.
I want to be able to crawl over rocks in free roam 'hinthint' and see the car flex just like in real life. and I don't mean stock wrangler flex,I want my car to have one wheel 1.5 meters up in the air and the others still on the ground.

As bboywampa said, this game would be 100000000x better with free roam and the ability for the trucks to flex over objects and have 70 degrees of travel and just slowly crawl over rocks and watch the car work its way over things

bboywampa
12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
No offroading game is complete without the ability to flex over stuff :D

C_J
12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?76vkxkq7ksacf

That link will carry you (developers) to a page where you can download screamer 4x4, motor m4x and Insane offroad.
The Insane and Motor m4x are split up and must be joined by the software included in the folder.
To do this go download files including "Free-File-Splitter-v5.0.1189.exe".
Then put files together in same folder, open Free-File-Splitter-v5.0.1189.exe and go to merge, then chose a file and merge.
After they have merged you should the installation files.
For motor M4x, its a ISO and requires a image mounting software like power iso, which I use:
http://www.poweriso.com/download.htm

Krazee DD
12-12-2010, 02:03 AM
still need a free roam add on.

C_J
12-15-2010, 03:53 PM
any problems with downloads if anyone downloaded?

Krazee DD
12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
any problems with downloads if anyone downloaded?

Ya DLC would rock. Gotta be DLC.

C_J
12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
dlc = downloadable content, for which game

Krazee DD
12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
dlc = downloadable content, for which game

The game which forum we are on.

dozer
12-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I think the best comparison for free roam would have to be rigs of rods, which is a free game to get, has heaps of content, rock crawlers, 4x4's ect and the phisics are the best available now.

Even has flexable tires "they bag out whe rock crawling"

and ofcourse,,,,, it has free roam..... This is pretty much the only mode in the game and have a look at how manny downloads they have!!!!!

Proof is in the numbers 1c!!!

bboywampa
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I think the best comparison for free roam would have to be rigs of rods, which is a free game to get, has heaps of content, rock crawlers, 4x4's ect and the phisics are the best available now.

and ofcourse,,,,, it has free roam..... This is pretty much the only mode in the game and have a look at how manny downloads they have!!!!!

So true!!! I play Rigs of Rods every single day! Been playing it for over a year now and it's still not boring. For the 1C people: go have a look at Rigs of Rods, you could learn from Thomas and the other developers there I think.

C_J
12-21-2010, 01:46 PM
So true!!! I play Rigs of Rods every single day! Been playing it for over a year now and it's still not boring. For the 1C people: go have a look at Rigs of Rods, you could learn from Thomas and the other developers there I think.

I think rig of rods is a great game and is open to modding, but I think the graphics are lame.

Krazee DD
12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I think rig of rods is a great game and is open to modding, but I think the graphics are lame.

Ya games legit.

dozer
12-23-2010, 02:01 AM

Your computer must suck then lol. i have mine maxed out and the vehicles ad some maps look amazing.

C_J
12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Your computer must suck then lol. i have mine maxed out and the vehicles ad some maps look amazing.

and realistic graphics?

dozer
12-23-2010, 10:57 PM
and realistic graphics?

Depends on the map, if you get small island, river rock and a few others and have it running at 1920x1080 resolution with MAX settings it looks amazing.

Does not have the ground deformation ect but still looks very good. Looks better than some bought games and it is free so im not complaining.

C_J
12-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Cool

wing_hun
01-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so hi all and everything. First of all, i'm a big offroad enthusiast. I've been looking for a decent offroad game for a very, very long time. Screamer 4x4 has been the best by far (and it was made by my fellow Hungarian countrymen, haha), however it's kinda old now, and I want something new. I'm glad I've found this forum, because I think Off-Road Drive is very promising.

Actually there's only one thing on my wish list, but I think for many offroad fans it's very important.

In ALL games except for some very few examples like Sega Rally Revo and MX vs ATV Reflex the terrain, especially the mud is made of concrete. Why? WHYYY? We want deformable terrain! It would be awesome, if you implemented such a feature in your game. It would create a whole lotta new possibilites. For example there could be some really muddy tracks with deep tractor tracks you need to avoid with your UAZ or you get stuck. Or in multiplayer mode there could be long cooperative trophies where you could pull out your friend if he got stuck. And of course it would need a lot of skill to drive behind someone on a muddy terrain.

So it is only one thing and I'm sure it's not easy to implement in a game, but it would make your game really special :)

C_J
01-03-2011, 02:59 PM
there is deformable terrain but could be more realistic and varied you know. Play the demo and you'll get a idea of this game potential.

Krazee DD
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so hi all and everything. First of all, i'm a big offroad enthusiast. I've been looking for a decent offroad game for a very, very long time. Screamer 4x4 has been the best by far (and it was made by my fellow Hungarian countrymen, haha), however it's kinda old now, and I want something new. I'm glad I've found this forum, because I think Off-Road Drive is very promising.

Actually there's only one thing on my wish list, but I think for many offroad fans it's very important.

In ALL games except for some very few examples like Sega Rally Revo and MX vs ATV Reflex the terrain, especially the mud is made of concrete. Why? WHYYY? We want deformable terrain! It would be awesome, if you implemented such a feature in your game. It would create a whole lotta new possibilites. For example there could be some really muddy tracks with deep tractor tracks you need to avoid with your UAZ or you get stuck. Or in multiplayer mode there could be long cooperative trophies where you could pull out your friend if he got stuck. And of course it would need a lot of skill to drive behind someone on a muddy terrain.

So it is only one thing and I'm sure it's not easy to implement in a game, but it would make your game really special :)

HAHA, maybe you should get more info on the game before you start requesting stuff. All the mud and terrain stuff you talked about is ALL IN THE GAME.

Loves 2 Jacket
01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Any idea when the demo will be on Xbox LIve?

Carter
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Any idea when the demo will be on Xbox LIve?

i think i read sumwhere february sometime

Carter
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM

never heard of it before u said it but i looked it up and downloaded it. running it on maximum settings and ye its a really good game thanks for the hint :)

Loves 2 Jacket
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
i think i read sumwhere february sometime

Sweet! Hopefully it is Feb. I think the full release date I saw was June 30th, but that is just hear say.

Carter
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
some info in this thread about it

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17684

XJAbuzer
10-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Congrats 1C for ignoring all our requests. You guys are not very professional.