PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty: Crossworlds on Steam with pre-purchase?

acare84
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi, I have all King's Bounty games on Steam and want to buy Crossworlds on Steam too. Will we see Crossworlds on Steam too and there will be pre-purchase option like the Gamersgate? Thank you.

Nike-it
09-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi, I have all King's Bounty games on Steam and want to buy Crossworlds on Steam too. Will we see Crossworlds on Steam too and there will be pre-purchase option like the Gamersgate? Thank you.

You will definitely see Crossworlds on Steam. Right now I don't have details about pre-order options. Will post all information when it becomes available.

acare84
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Thank you for quick response. Can't wait to play the game. :)

pcbun
09-02-2010, 08:41 AM
I want to know when could we purchase from steam too. Hope we can get the game on 17th sept.

Nike-it
09-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I want to know when could we purchase from steam too. Hope we can get the game on 17th sept.

The preorder should appear very soon.

megakill
09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
The preorder should appear very soon.

Steam will be launching preorder next week. Probably Monday-Tuesday.
They are testing the game master right now.

JQueue
09-03-2010, 06:43 AM
I will be the first to own it on steam!

Also noticed that KB:TL and KP:AP no longer have metascores there, what gives?

Mrzafka
09-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Steam is usually late it seems. I hope preorder will be available this week, I need my fix of King's Bounty:grin:

Right now I'm fighting the urge to play AP...but I'll wait till 17th.

Dwagginz
09-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I keep checking Steam to see if it's up or not, but no luck so far :p

Mrzafka
09-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Still no signs of Crossworlds on Steam. OK then, I'll wait till Monday/Tuesday and buy on Gamersgate instead. Geez...

xanlithe
09-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Still no signs of Crossworlds on Steam. OK then, I'll wait till Monday/Tuesday and buy on Gamersgate instead. Geez...

Yeah, I'm really up for Crossworlds. I have the first 2 and am wondering if I have to buy it on another site (such as Gamersgate), will it be compatible with the Steam version???

megakill
09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I hope that Steam will open preorders tonight!

JQueue
09-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Blam just bought it on steam. *blows smoke from finger*

Tianx
09-10-2010, 10:32 PM
9.99 with the legend!!! What a steal, ordering it right now.

JQueue
09-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Please check your messages, Nike or Megakill, i think there is something wrong.

nemesis99
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
It looks like Steam set a lower price than the other sites... they sometimes seem to "accidentally" have a lower price on some of the new items due to "miscommunication". I'm guessing it'll be fixed in a day or two and at a proper 19.99 base soon.

Zhuangzi
09-11-2010, 12:29 AM
$10 for Crossworlds AND The Legend? Never mind the fact that those two won't work in combination, I don't think. :confused:

JQueue
09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
There are several things wrong about this release on steam, and they may want to act sooner than later.

If the price is erroneous, I'm more than happy to pay the remainder or simply buy it again once it is corrected.

nemesis99
09-11-2010, 01:05 AM
If the past is any indictation on the steam pricing mishaps, they won't charge you extra after-the-fact as it's their error. But yes, you could always buy an extra gift copy and give it to someone else if you want the developers to get the full $20.

They'll probably correct it within a day or so, and everyone thereafter will have to pay the new $19.99 (minus pre-order discount, if they have one).

nemesis99
09-11-2010, 01:52 AM
There are several things wrong about this release on steam, and they may want to act sooner than later.

If the price is erroneous, I'm more than happy to pay the remainder or simply buy it again once it is corrected.

I think you're right JQueue; I can confirm there's a couple issues.

PS. Are you having fun?

malcolmm
09-11-2010, 02:06 AM
If the past is any indictation on the steam pricing mishaps, they won't charge you extra after-the-fact as it's their error. But yes, you could always buy an extra gift copy and give it to someone else if you want the developers to get the full $20.

They'll probably correct it within a day or so, and everyone thereafter will have to pay the new $19.99 (minus pre-order discount, if they have one).

I hope the developers don't get ripped off if it is a Steam mistake.

I bought a copy at 9.99, plus one for a friend, but I don't want to short change the developers.

sposh
09-11-2010, 02:14 AM
just message a mod. don't make it a big deal

nemesis99
09-11-2010, 02:34 AM
$10 for Crossworlds AND The Legend? Never mind the fact that those two won't work in combination, I don't think. :confused:

The Legend is a pre-order bonus. So while they don't work together and you still need AP, it's just a little extra incentive for those who never played Legend before. You can apparently re-gift The Legend on Steam if you already own a copy of KB:Legend on Steam. Sadly I had my KB:Legend on Gamersgate, so, my Steam KB:Legend is tied to my steam account and I can't re-gift it.

JQueue
09-11-2010, 03:35 AM
I think you're right JQueue; I can confirm there's a couple issues.

PS. Are you having fun?

Hells yes I am haha. Looks like they fixed it so I might as well say it out loud, the issue I was referring to was that Crossworlds was not initially for pre-purchase, but simply for sale.

I posted something to this effect when I saw it, but then took it down thinking better of it.

malcolmm
09-11-2010, 03:39 AM
It's not just the price that is wrong on Steam. If you buy the game, as I did, you can download and play it, even though it says it is not released until Sept. 17th.

It does look very interesting, although I can't find the editor yet.

Zhuangzi
09-11-2010, 03:48 AM
You mean I could have paid $10 and started playing now? :eek:

JQueue
09-11-2010, 04:15 AM
It's not just the price that is wrong on Steam. If you buy the game, as I did, you can download and play it, even though it says it is not released until Sept. 17th.

It does look very interesting, although I can't find the editor yet.

In case you haven't found it yet, if for some reason you had it installed, it would be located at <STEAM_DIR>\SteamApps\common\kings bounty armored princess\editor.exe

You MAY also be able to access it within steam by going to Library, clicking on the Tools tab, then going down to King's Bounty: Crossworld Editor.

malcolmm
09-11-2010, 05:25 AM
In case you haven't found it yet, if for some reason you had it installed, it would be located at <STEAM_DIR>\SteamApps\common\kings bounty armored princess\editor.exe

You MAY also be able to access it within steam by going to Library, clicking on the Tools tab, then going down to King's Bounty: Crossworld Editor.

Thanks for the info. I did manage to find it myself when I was looking for the documentation. I also see it in the tools tab, although it says "not installed" there.

The editor looks pretty complex with very comprehensive documentation.

I played around briefly with the new campaigns, everything looks great. Looks like they ramped up the difficulty on the shorter campaigns, which is good. I wonder if they made the full campaign that is directly based on Armored Princess any harder.

Mandea
09-11-2010, 07:22 AM
You mean I could have paid $10 and started playing now? :eek:

yes. I am already playing it. Already finished defender of the crown campaign. Very short. I am a little disappointed. I was dead sure I was supposed to get to 50-60 levels with my hero. unfortunately that was not the case.

rancor26
09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Lol steam fails... it says the game will unlock in approximately 6 days or so and you can already download and play the game lol... i wonder when they notice this... :-P

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 08:33 AM
I went and prepurchased it, too. Not bothered about the free copy of The Legend (I have the retail edition). Very surprised about the cheap price, though. £7 is a steal!

Edit: I can also confirm it's unlocked (for some reason) and playable.

pcbun
09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I wonder if 1C will change the release date on other platform too. STEAM does a good job for players, but I don't think it's good for the whole market.

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I've got this as a gift today. But, contrary to some opinions, I can't gift The Legend to someone else despite having KBTL already purchased and installed. So, in this case the second copy of KBTL is wasted.

As a note, the editor is located in the TOOLS tab of Steam, and it requests more space than I have on my disc to install (after installing Crossworlds) - over 10 GBytes :)

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I've got this as a gift today. But, contrary to some opinions, I can't gift The Legend to someone else despite having KBTL already purchased and installed. So, in this case the second copy of KBTL is wasted.
That's odd. Does it not appear in Games > Manage Gifts and Game Passes?

As a note, the editor is located in the TOOLS tab of Steam, and it requests more space than I have on my disc to install (after installing Crossworlds) - over 10 GBytes :)
Nuh-uh. Well, it is, but it isn't. If you go into the KBAP directory, it's there.

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 02:42 PM
That's odd. Does it not appear in Games > Manage Gifts and Game Passes?

Thanks, it does. Seems I don't know how to gift games, because I've found many unclaimed and unsent items there. All purchased after UI update (before the update every item to gift was shown in the main list, AFAIR)

Nuh-uh. Well, it is, but it isn't. If you go into the KBAP directory, it's there.

OK. So what would be installed if you choose to install that editor from TOOLS tab? I mean, it's much bigger than the Crossworlds itself, so I wonder why the big space requirements.

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
OK. So what would be installed if you choose to install that editor from TOOLS tab? I mean, it's much bigger than the Crossworlds itself, so I wonder why the big space requirements.

I have absolutely no idea. I wonder if the 1C guys know.

Burekman
09-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I'd just like to confirm that they have corrected the price and the game isn't playable anymore through Steam. So you the guys who bought it from Gamersgate can breathe easy again ;)

It was a classic case of Steam error. Happens way to often but I don't mind.

rancor26
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I'd just like to confirm that they have corrected the price and the game isn't playable anymore through Steam. So you the guys who bought it from Gamersgate can breathe easy again ;)

It's still playable in offline mode

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, it prompts to purchase game again, instead of play. Funny (You played the game 2 hours, now go buy it) but not unusual.

xanlithe
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM

I bought the game for $9.99US, started downloading and went out shopping. Got back 1.5 hours later, game was all downloaded. Went to play and go directly to the buy screen and now it's $19.99US. Must have just made the deadline, sort of ;) Got the good price, but can't play.

xanlithe
09-11-2010, 09:33 PM
It's still playable in offline mode

How does one play in offline mode?

Zechnophobe
09-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I really hope the pricing mistake doesn't hurt Katauri and 1C, since it was Valves fault. I'd feel really bad about buying it for 10 bucks if it did.

Tianx
09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Ahhhh..

Now it's no longer even playable offline, SUCKS

Tianx
09-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow, I cannot even play Armored princess anymore neither. WTF? sucks how they linked these 2 games together.

Zhuangzi
09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
yes. I am already playing it. Already finished defender of the crown campaign. Very short. I am a little disappointed. I was dead sure I was supposed to get to 50-60 levels with my hero. unfortunately that was not the case.

Was it 6-8 hours of play, Mandea? My understanding that Defender of the Crown was this length, but with randomised monsters so that there is a high level of replayability. Isn't there some kind of spawning tower or something? I'd love to here a short run down of what the Defender of the Crown mini campaign consists of.

Also, anyone play Champion of the Arena before they got shut out? I've got high hopes for this one as well. Basically I am hoping that these two short campaigns will have a high level of replayability and allow advanced players to experiment with and finetune new strategies.

Mandea
09-12-2010, 04:15 AM
No, it was about 1 hour (on normal), 6-7 fights.

I also managed to finish champion of the arena. Very hard in the beginning (so much to buy, so few money) and very easy in the end (normal difficulty) but has a much replay value.

I didn't get to be in all the guilds (you can't) and you also have contracts which get you more money and experience. Neither champion of the arena took me 6-8 hourse (3-4 maybe 8 bosses and 8 contracts or something like that) but it is very interesting.
And there are many companions some very expensive but also unique.

Zhuangzi
09-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Okay. Hopefully it will be more of a challenge on Impossible. I would love for one or both of these mini campaigns to actually provide a decent challenge on Impossible so that I don't have to impose extra limitations on myself (like no losses) to keep it interesting.

rancor26
09-12-2010, 05:41 AM
How does one play in offline mode?

Steam does everything with updates which it does through internet obviously... so if i stay offline it cannot update so as long as i stay offline they cant prevent me from playing the game... so yes i am still playing the game, it works offline if you didnt let it update anything (i logged out immediately after seeing the first message about this). About "champion of the arena" mode in my opinion its really good... i really like the guild system and the fact that you can fight all bosses one at a time... the game is atleast at first very hard so i used cheats to get money (yes i'm a noob). Sometimes you get really good selection of troops from shops (by this i mean mainly summoner type of units as a non-mage class because u really need their summoning abilities) but sometimes you get so bad that it's pretty much impossible to beat the turtle... after beating the turtle you gain access to some guilds though so after somehow beating him your life gets a little easier... after that there's also an option to choose the boss you want to fight (you can roam around and go to the guilds u want etc. you fight the boss when u think you're ready)... the bosses are listed in order with their "level" (difficulty) or something...

and to Zhuangzi: Trust me Champion Of The Arena without losses is going to be really pain in the ass lol

Mandea
09-12-2010, 06:07 AM
the nasty part is that you can't use rage. it is normal in boss fights, but not in contracts fights. but the hero still has rage skill, so don't put points into those, they're useless.

rancor26
09-12-2010, 06:20 AM
the nasty part is that you can't use rage. it is normal in boss fights, but not in contracts fights. but the hero still has rage skill, so don't put points into those, they're useless.

Doesn't rage has other properties too other than casting spells by pet dragon? Like some effect on critical chance or attack or something?

Zhuangzi
09-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Doesn't rage has other properties too other than casting spells by pet dragon? Like some effect on critical chance or attack or something?

No. Just the pet dragon. And not allowed in boss fights unless something has changed in Crossworlds.

Saiko Kila
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
There's one use for rage in champion of arena - with Calm Rage spell you will be able to restore mana. Before game was locked I was able to fight two bosses, and this spell was helpful. Also, demonologists are good, and there were hundreds of them in the first guild (maybe it's random).

Mandea
09-12-2010, 01:41 PM
It has nothing to do with rage skills however.

fable
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Okay. Hopefully it will be more of a challenge on Impossible. I would love for one or both of these mini campaigns to actually provide a decent challenge on Impossible so that I don't have to impose extra limitations on myself (like no losses) to keep it interesting.

Don't get your hopes high, the Champion of the Arena bosses are the same as the Armored Princess bosses, I was able to finish no-loss impossible fairly easily. It'd be much harder with different guilds as limitation instead of no-loss. The contracts are really interesting here.

Defender of the Crown looks like very hard, the second battle seems like impossible with my mage. Very promising challenge-wise.

Rhygadon
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Ahhhh..

Now it's no longer even playable offline, SUCKS

Hmm, playing offline still works for me. <keeps doors locked> :-P

Rhygadon
09-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Was it 6-8 hours of play, Mandea? My understanding that Defender of the Crown was this length, but with randomised monsters so that there is a high level of replayability. Isn't there some kind of spawning tower or something? I'd love to here a short run down of what the Defender of the Crown mini campaign consists of.

Also, anyone play Champion of the Arena before they got shut out? I've got high hopes for this one as well. Basically I am hoping that these two short campaigns will have a high level of replayability and allow advanced players to experiment with and finetune new strategies.

Defender of the Crown looks like it's designed to be a bite-sized, almost puzzle-like challenge. You start in the town square with an enemy blocking the exit; there are several shops and other options (like a merchant whom you must pay to fight, and if you win you get several of the achievement badges instantly, some up to lvl 3), and you don't have nearly enough money to buy everything. So it's all about choosing your strategy and loadout.

A version of the same concept also appears in Orcs on the March, as a special quest tower just off the starting docks - but in that case your existing troops are all set aside, and you build a temporary army from a pair of zero-cost shops just for a single big fight.

So far I've mostly just been playing the Orc campaign, since I want to play around with the new troops. One MAJOR benefit is that, between the orcs and the Witch Hunter, you are much more likely to have a few 100+ HP troops accessible from the very beginning.

Also, I wonder if the set-item code has been tweaked a bit. Just stealthing around the first island and grabbing everything I could, I've found five set-piece items, 2 each from 2 sets and one from a third set. So there might be code to bias the item distribution toward complete sets.

And the warm mittens are now part of a low-level, three-piece winter gear set ... which has the set bonus of -1 speed to all enemies! :shock: I have the mittens and the clothes ... I hope the skates aren't far behind!

rancor26
09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Don't get your hopes high, the Champion of the Arena bosses are the same as the Armored Princess bosses, I was able to finish no-loss impossible fairly easily. It'd be much harder with different guilds as limitation instead of no-loss. The contracts are really interesting here.

Defender of the Crown looks like very hard, the second battle seems like impossible with my mage. Very promising challenge-wise.

Eh... can i ask a question... how the hell do you go no loss on champion of the arena? am i just noob here or what? the last bosses do ridiculous damage so you always lose atleast something... i guess you're just that good at this game then because it sounds impossible to me... you have to remember that 95% of the other people can't go no loss on champion of the arena... or anywhere else... and i'd say defender of the crown is million times easier than fighting for example a driller.

fable
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Eh... can i ask a question... how the hell do you go no loss on champion of the arena? am i just noob here or what? the last bosses do ridiculous damage so you always lose atleast something... i guess you're just that good at this game then because it sounds impossible to me... you have to remember that 95% of the other people can't go no loss on champion of the arena... or anywhere else... and i'd say defender of the crown is million times easier than fighting for example a driller.

No, I'm not that good, vampires are overpowered. Except for the turtle and the driller you just go in with 2 stacks of vampires, keep stone skin on them. With frenzy 3 they get huge attack by the end and hit over 10k. I didn't want to sound elitist, all boss tactics have been described in the Armored Princess discussions: most people use black knights, some use paladins or bone dragons, I go with the vampires.

rancor26
09-15-2010, 05:29 PM
No, I'm not that good, vampires are overpowered. Except for the turtle and the driller you just go in with 2 stacks of vampires, keep stone skin on them. With frenzy 3 they get huge attack by the end and hit over 10k. I didn't want to sound elitist, all boss tactics have been described in the Armored Princess discussions: most people use black knights, some use paladins or bone dragons, I go with the vampires.

Well you have to have huge stack of vampires even with bonuses to hit over 10k (to be honest i've never even hit that much...) and vampires are weak i used vampires in the fight against K'tahu and i got absolutely dominated... and how do u keep your vampires alive? theres inevitable attacks that bosses do and that results of them dying (their life drain? i still cant see how would u drain so much life to prevent the damage). Black knights on the other hand are great units they barely take any damage and they do a LOT of damage, i like them.

Mandea
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
and how I am supposed to have frenzy 3 if I am a warrior? the warrior doesn't have access so easy to all spells. So this strategy works mostly for the mage I suppose.

fable
09-15-2010, 06:02 PM
and how I am supposed to have frenzy 3 if I am a warrior? the warrior doesn't have access so easy to all spells. So this strategy works mostly for the mage I suppose.

It's the warrior skill, your units you get +2/4/6 ATK after each killing blow.

Mandea
09-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant frenzy spell :)

Urbz
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks, it does. Seems I don't know how to gift games, because I've found many unclaimed and unsent items there. All purchased after UI update (before the update every item to gift was shown in the main list, AFAIR)

Same issue here, I already had KB:TL bought on steam at release. Although KB:TL did not show up in the gifts list (yet?) :(