PDA

View Full Version : Is Reboot a stand-alone?

Mivo
08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
This may be a bit of a daft question, but I've seen conflicting mentions: Is SR2 Reboot an expansion that requires SR2, or is it a "remake"/improved stand-alone version of SR2?

Just trying to figure out if I have to buy both games or if I only need Reboot. :)

Thanks!

Noctilucus
08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I believe both versions exist.
Various sites mention the expansion pack while I myself have bought the stand-alone version. If you're looking anywhere in particular to buy it, feel free to post the link so we can try to figure out whether it's the stand-alone version or not :)

Nike-it
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Space Rangers 2: Reboot is a stand-alone game and you don't need to buy original SR2 to play it.

Mivo
09-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Morning, and thanks for the responses!

Nike-it, so the version at GamersGate (link here (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SR2R/space-rangers-2-reboot)) is definitely a stand-alone? The description says that it is an add-on, so this threw me a bit off. :)

Nike-it
09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Morning, and thanks for the responses!

Nike-it, so the version at GamersGate (link here (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SR2R/space-rangers-2-reboot)) is definitely a stand-alone? The description says that it is an add-on, so this threw me a bit off. :)

Yes, it doesn't need original SR2.

Mivo
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Thank you. :) I'll add this to my list of games to buy and play. Maybe able to fit it in before Crossworlds, but the 17th is approaching fast!

Warmskin
11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
There is a version of SR2-Reboot at Amazon (USA). The price is good (better than Steam) and I believe it comes with a manual - always a plus (at least it doesn't say otherwise). I have heard in the past that SR2 has some rather invasive copy protection on it. Has this been removed? Is the version at Amazon w/o all that 'garbage' ? I am *NO* pirate. I just don't like putting all that "Can't read your disc - please insert the original dvd" stuff on my machine. Thank you very much for your reply (hopefully from a 1C employee). Oh, and it's a stand alone, right? Really appreciate it and I hope to buy this right away, I've heard some very good things about it... Thanks again.