PDA

View Full Version : Ammo bugs

Feh
08-27-2010, 07:21 PM
In the Seelow Heights mission, if you get yourself a flamethrower, which I highly recommend, because in this game it's the perfect ranged silent weapon (besides the knife) -- yeah, nobody notices the huge bonfires torching their buddies -- then you may find out that often, but not always, when you save the game, the flamethrower has its ammo removed. You need to fix it manually by editing the save, which is a two step process: you need to find the guys who has it (easier if Kuznetzov has it), and then find his inventory, by searching for the id besides his name; it's stored in a different place in the mission.scn file. The bug occurs on save, not on load.

Similarly, in the last German mission, whenever you save, the Tiger's 88mm gun reloading counter gets reset to 0. So, it never fires if you reload often, which you kinda have to in this mission. This is again a save bug. To fix it, find the pz6e entry in the mission.scn, then go to it's weaponry section and for example replace

{Weapon "88mm_kwk36"}
{Ammo "weapon_bullet"
{Recovering 0.112}
{Loading "bullet88" "ap" "ammo"}
}

with just

{Weapon "88mm_kwk36" filling "bullet88" "ap" "ammo"}

If you were loading HE ammo, use "fg" instead of "ap". I guess "fg" stands for fragmentation.

If you want to play fair, you shouldn't fire right away after loading the game. Of course, "fair", is subject to interpretation here. If you reload because the 88 ricochets off 30mm of armor at 20m, leaving the target unscathed, thanks to the dubious ballistics implemented in this game, then, yeah I'd say it's fair.