PDA

View Full Version : Truck Upgrades, Repairs & Related Questions.

danizzz
04-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Is the jake brake available in this game?

Nike-it
04-21-2010, 07:48 AM
There is an upgrade called "engine brake", it is exactly what you are looking for.

pook
04-21-2010, 08:09 AM
There is an upgrade called "engine brake", it is exactly what you are looking for.
Another of the many follies SoftLab. Jake brake in real life is standard equipment, most trucks already in production. Here in this game, especially the need to buy. hehe

Danizzz
If you have a problem, why something does not turn off the brain logical thinking. Remember that the game did not experience what Softlab how things work in Trucking in real life. Keep in mind this and the problem of illogical nonsense Res. In this game, do not think and do things illogically means to solve the problem and work: D
Jake brake repair shop to buy the truckstop. It is most often corrected in the menu on the northeastern California. There is a lot of hills, probably because

Se7en
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
It should have been already on but you have to purchase engine brake in Repair place. And btw, for those who don't understand russian, in upgrades that's called
'' МОТОРНИ ТОРМОЗ ''

Cheers!

HDTrucker
05-04-2010, 04:04 PM
do different repair places have different things cause my one at oxnard doesnt have the engine brake

USA Trucker
05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
do different repair places have different things cause my one at oxnard doesnt have the engine brake

Yes, they do sell some different items at each location. Also in the English version, if I remember correctly the engine brake is located at the Oxnard repair shop. It's one of the first things I purchased. In the game I find that you really don't need one. Open up each category, and look carefully. If it's not there, then I'll bet it's at Santa Barbara.

HDTrucker
05-04-2010, 07:33 PM
yeah i forgot where i found it hell i got me an extra tank and everything now......trying to understand...the more hp the better right?? in the truck....cause i notice these new engines in repair shops the highest at oxnard is only 425 hp

USA Trucker
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
yeah i forgot where i found it hell i got me an extra tank and everything now......trying to understand...the more hp the better right?? in the truck....cause i notice these new engines in repair shops the highest at oxnard is only 425 hp

The highest HP I have found thus far is 600hp. I'm not sure where I got, because I'm all over the place. I use to take notes on items that I want, and where they're at, but once I get them, I discarded the list.:( I think I might have been in the Oakland area??

Sneaksie
05-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Upgrades are distributed among repair shops randomly each time you begin a new game:)

USA Trucker
05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Upgrades are distributed among repair shops randomly each time you begin a new game:)

Well, I guess that explains some confusion. :oops:

FLN
05-07-2010, 01:09 PM

That's good feature, providing more replayability.
I don't think I can accept all side missions in first play...

HDTrucker
05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
what about exhaust can you purchase like straighit pipes?

Airport
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Can you get the rear view monitor upgrade for the Centuary and if so in which towns truck stop is it located?

Airport.

Blackop2
06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I think all the upgrades are random each game. They are in different places all over the map.

Correct me if im wrong.

USA Trucker
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I think all the upgrades are random each game. They are in different places all over the map.

Correct me if im wrong.

Yes, you are correct. Every time you restart the game, the equipment is randomized at the warehouses. What you got today won't appear tomorrow.

Airport
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the replys. So I take it from the replys that the rear view can be obtained for the Centuary it's just that I need to be in right place at the right time?

Airport.

GinXeng
06-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Thats correct.

USA Trucker
06-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the replys. So I take it from the replys that the rear view can be obtained for the Centuary it's just that I need to be in right place at the right time?

Airport.

Yes, they all change every time you restart the game. To me, and others, it's like they ran out-of-stock, but you'll find them somewhere else.

M76
06-23-2010, 08:30 AM
It would be nice if you could order any equipment. And then go back a day later to get it.

This is not good since you may not even know what upgrades are available for your truck.

I went into a shop and could buy nothing for my truck. I thought it was because the truck was in too bad condition, or there were no upgrades available for it, only now I realized that you can't get every upgrade anywhere.

So this means I have to stop at each and every repair station to find out what upgrades I'm still missing? That's just great:-x

USA Trucker
06-23-2010, 08:51 AM
It would be nice if you could order any equipment. And then go back a day later to get it.

This is not good since you may not even know what upgrades are available for your truck.

I went into a shop and could buy nothing for my truck. I thought it was because the truck was in too bad condition, or there were no upgrades available for it, only now I realized that you can't get every upgrade anywhere.

So this means I have to stop at each and every repair station to find out what upgrades I'm still missing? That's just great:-x

I don't mind it so much. It makes you explore the map, and it changes every time you restart the game. For me that's just part of the uncertainty that keeps you guessing, and makes the game more interesting.

M76
06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't mind it so much. It makes you explore the map, and it changes every time you restart the game. For me that's just part of the uncertainty that keeps you guessing, and makes the game more interesting.

You mean when you actually start a new game it changes, or if you just load a saved game, each time everything will be different?

USA Trucker
06-23-2010, 09:15 AM
You mean when you actually start a new game it changes, or if you just load a saved game, each time everything will be different?

I didn't notice any changes when reloading a saved game, but when you close out of RnR, and reload it, everything changes in the warehouses. Even your saved games.

Eggtooth
08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey, Freightliner Century does not have rear brake lights? I don't see them when i am braking... Reverse light working, and blinkers too.. :confused:

DriverX3
08-19-2010, 10:19 PM
are you running the truck in the daytime with the lights on if so they look like they don't work but they are it's only because it is light outside. If that isn't the case I am not sure

Mutko
08-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Anybody know where and if i can find the CS 565 Engine for Hercules Atlas ?
I've looked in about 5-6 stations and couldn't find it anywhere ...

Patrick
08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I tried to buy he most expensive chassis on my Hercules Atlas now. I bought it with no problem I lost the money it costs. But at the next visit at a repair shop. The new chassis is gone. And I have the old basic one. And I also dont see then new chassis on my truck when I drive around.:confused:

BleDrajor
08-26-2010, 11:17 PM
I had a similar problem some time ago, maybe this here works:
Try to switch into another truck (One of your drivers or new bought).
Get out of your office after this action so that you sit inside the other truck, than get into your office again to switch back into your own truck.
Everything should work fine again then.

If not:
Do you have this problem since the beginning or just since the end of the career?

@Mutko
Continue looking in other service stations, some parts are really hard to find. Don't give up your hope so fast. ;)

Mutko
08-27-2010, 06:19 AM
So there is one :) ?

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Rather than having several trucks listed separately for "Truck Upgrades, Repairs & Related Questions". I have created this thread, and made it a sticky. Since Eggtooth was the first to report this, he will lead the thread.

Mutko
08-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm starting to think that there isn't engline above 475HP for the Hercules Atlas... Looked in half of the repair stations...

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm starting to think that there isn't engline above 475HP for the Hercules Atlas... Looked in half of the repair stations...

I think you may be right. I just tried your truck, and went all over the place (10+ Repair Shops). I found nothing over 500hp engine. I don't know if this is a design flaw, or intentional. Sorry.

BleDrajor
08-27-2010, 05:28 PM
There must be an engine with more than 475 HP. For example the DDS575 or CP600.
The trucks don't have their own performance and security parts like chassis, engine, wheels, navigation and so on, they all are identical. Only the exterieur parts are special.
I remember driving around for a long time looking for classic wheels for the Western Star. After I visited a lot of service stations I found one that sold those rims. The same was with a windshield for the side window of another truck. Maybe it's the same thing with the engine of your truck.

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Not in this case. I traveled to 7 more shops (17 in all). Almost the whole map. This could be the exception here.

Mutko
08-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah i've looked all over from oxnart to Fresco and no luck...

BleDrajor
08-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Okay... then it really must be a bug that needs to be fixed. Together with the bug that only the Titan Alpine gets wet side windows and the Freightliner Classic never has rain on its windows when it's raining. But that's another topic...

Or it's as always in life. That you get such an engine in the very last service station. :-P

Mutko
08-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't think there is such engine for the Atlas :)
The highest HP engine i've found is DDS475 ...

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think there is such engine for the Atlas :)
The highest HP engine i've found is DDS475 ...

Same here, but if it bugs you that much..... Just try a different truck. There's a bunch of them. ;)

Mutko
08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
The Atlas is the best looking truck in the game :P Atleast for me tho :)
Other one won't do :D

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 06:39 PM
The Atlas is the best looking truck in the game :P Atleast for me tho :)
Other one won't do :D

Well then you're just going to have to deal with the draw-backs. Personally, I think it has a slow accelaration, and a lower than usual top speed. Looking good just don't cut it for me if performance is poor.

PontiacGT201
08-29-2010, 09:54 PM
yeah im with you I love the Atlas but IMHO the Phantom is the best looking but I looked and 475 is the top engine I can find for the Atlas

USA Trucker
08-30-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah im with you I love the Atlas but IMHO the Phantom is the best looking but I looked and 475 is the top engine I can find for the Atlas

What Phantom? Where did you find this truck?? :confused:

mark39
08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
anybody know if the engine brake is available for the WS4900 ex i have been to about all the repair shops from orland all the way to LA and still no sign of it...:confused:

DriverX3
08-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Pretty sure that every truck has that option it may take a while to get one but I have gotten them for all my trucks that I have had

Remo801
09-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Well, it appears, there are differences between all trucks indeed.

For one of my Drivers, I tried to tune up the Sterling 9400 to the max.
One thing I realised, I will have no chance to get an 600 HP Engine for that beast :D

That will mean, there are 2 cathegories all trucks are sorted to:
Racers
Freighters

I have looked into the Truck Store interface, no Sterling 9400 typ available with 600 HP ^^

Fazit:
Sterling 9400 = Freighter
Argosy (600 HP) = Racer

With that knowledge, it should be more easy for us to give the right Truck to the specific Type of Driver.

Also it can save alot of money from beginning.
The Sterling in good conditions is very cheap ~60.000 to 80.000 Dollar
The Argosy in good conditions is a bit more expensive, but still a cheap Racer.

If I'm wrong, forget my theory :D
Cheers

PontiacGT201
09-02-2010, 07:14 AM
What Phantom? Where did you find this truck?? :confused:

lol my bad I ment the Freedom. I dont know why I was thinking Phantom

seekhunt
09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
For all the trucks is the one to about 213K$ the biggest i can get ?

and are there different parts to buy in all of the truckstops. or are they all showing the same parts to buy ?

USA Trucker
09-04-2010, 09:46 PM
For all the trucks is the one to about 213K$ the biggest i can get ?

and are there different parts to buy in all of the truckstops. or are they all showing the same parts to buy ?

All of this is random. Even the most expensive trucks have add-ons, and upgrades that you can purchase at the repair/equipment shop.

seekhunt
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
oh yeah well a ehm "unmodded truck" then. When you buy one of the office computer.

USA Trucker
09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
oh yeah well a ehm "unmodded truck" then. When you buy one of the office computer.

It's still random. I saw a truck for something like $228K (I think it was one of the Titans). The price also doesn't determine the size of the truck. It might have 0 Mileage, and better HP, but not necessarily the highest HP. It's just "luck-of-the-draw" that each game gets.

seekhunt
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
hehe ok. but also just if there was "THE best" truck in the game :-)
and if there was a difference in looking after trucks in one of you offices than another.

gentjt38
10-02-2010, 03:44 PM
In screenshots i see a rear view mirror. It says in the controls to his 2 to activate it. I hit 2 and nothing happens. So how do you actually get a rear view mirror?

BATMan_Phln
12-17-2010, 04:19 PM
I tried to buy he most expensive chassis on my Hercules Atlas now. I bought it with no problem I lost the money it costs. But at the next visit at a repair shop. The new chassis is gone. And I have the old basic one. And I also dont see then new chassis on my truck when I drive around.:confused:

I've had the same issue. I thought I had purchased the Titan chassis but at another service station I noticed I still had the basic. I purchased the Titan again (I couldn't remember if I had already bought it) and the next service showed the basic chassis again. :-x

Is is possible to change the saved game text file so I don't have to blow another $30K or do I have to go back to a previous save?

UPDATE:
I tried to open the save from right after the chassis upgrade and it keep crashing. AARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

USA Trucker
12-20-2010, 05:39 AM
I wish I could help you here. I tried to duplicate your problem three times. I went to one repair shop, and purchased the most expensive chassis. Then I drove to another repair shop, and my newly purchased chassis was still on my truck. This is certainly strange, and I only heard about it twice.

KWhauler
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
in the upgrade shop, what difference does suspension make to ur truck ive tried all of the suspension types and i see no difference when playing.

USA Trucker
02-15-2011, 10:08 PM
in the upgrade shop, what difference does suspension make to ur truck ive tried all of the suspension types and i see no difference when playing.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Generally, the better the suspension the less it will cost in repairs for suspension related items (like tires). From bad to worse you don’t bounce around in the game as much with a better suspension. I’ve notice this to a certain degree.

KWhauler
02-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Generally, the better the suspension the less it will cost in repairs for suspension related items (like tires). From bad to worse you don’t bounce around in the game as much with a better suspension. I’ve notice this to a certain degree.

hello and thank you for the welcome. and that would make sense i havent played enough to be able to tell the difference in tire cost. but im sure its as u say. thanks

USA Trucker
02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
hello and thank you for the welcome. and that would make sense i havent played enough to be able to tell the difference in tire cost. but im sure its as u say. thanks
Yeah, it took a couple of high bills before I caught on. Better tires, brakes, and suspension all play a part in reducing the bill. The Jake-brake usage also helps the ware & tear on your regular brakes too. Also gentle taps on the brakes before a stop works dandy too. Most people just slam on the brakes, or use them extensively. Then bam! Here’s your bill $$$:lol:

KWhauler
02-15-2011, 11:16 PM
oh i see that would make sense shows some of the realism of the game. i brake by tapping lightly with good distance. its necessary both in the game and on the road, hauling 44,000lbs and slamming ur brakes at 50 to 60 mph can have severe consequences. thanks for the info usa . cheers

USA Trucker
02-16-2011, 11:59 AM
As a former trucker myself, I find this aspect of the game very close to real life. The prices for repairs may be a little over the top, but one could say it forces you to drive a little more realistically, unless one likes spending money. The deteriorating truck will certainly show in your driving if not repaired.

I just wish they would fix the trailer physics to be more like 18 WoS, or ETS.:-P

DuallyDiesel
03-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey guys, I just got hte game a few weeks back and am liking it so far. The only problem I have with it is that you can not manulally hook up all the trailers you pickup, and you can not maunally back them into a spot when you deliver them. I have been driving the Argosy for a while now and like it, I recently bought 2 9500s and one has a more powerful engine, I tookt he underpowered one under my command, and have not found any garages that sell an upgradable engine. Is it just me or is not available for the truck? It seems a bit wierd that it wont be as you can get ones with different engines in the shop.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.

USA Trucker
03-04-2011, 10:33 AM

I can't remember which ones, but I know there are some trucks that don’t have an engine upgrade. The one you chose could be the case. Keep checking though. You might get lucky. If you bought two versions of the truck with two different engines, I don’t see a reason why you can’t find the upgrade at some remote equipment shop. It did take me a long time to find one for a particular truck.

DuallyDiesel
03-04-2011, 04:44 PM

I can't remember which ones, but I know there are some trucks that don’t have an engine upgrade. The one you chose could be the case. Keep checking though. You might get lucky. If you bought two versions of the truck with two different engines, I don’t see a reason why you can’t find the upgrade at some remote equipment shop. It did take me a long time to find one for a particular truck.

Thanks for your response. Once I get enough money I am going to scrap the 9500s and buy either a Western Star 4900 Ex, Titan Ventura, the Hercules Freedom or Liberty, and possible the Freightliner FLD120 Classic XL.

Any ideas on which one might be better than the other? To be honest with you, if they had Peterbilt in the game I would go with a Pete over any of the choices in the game. Just something about the Peterbilt 379X catches my fancy.

Thanks again in advance.

USA Trucker
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
There isn’t one better than the other. It’s more of a personal choice. I like the Freightliner that you mentioned, along with the Titan.

DuallyDiesel
03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
There isn’t one better than the other. It’s more of a personal choice. I like the Freightliner that you mentioned, along with the Titan.

I just bought the Freightliner FLD102 Classic XL or whatever it is called, and it's turning is massive. You have to start turning way ahead of time and you have to be going about 30 to make the turn, is it like that for any of the other non Cabover trucks?

USA Trucker
03-04-2011, 10:23 PM
What are you using for a steering device, because I don’t have that problem at even 10mph. It turns nice. and steady except for trailers that are all wrong on any truck in this game.

DuallyDiesel
03-04-2011, 11:10 PM
What are you using for a steering device, because I don’t have that problem at even 10mph. It turns nice. and steady except for trailers that are all wrong on any truck in this game.

Well due to my vision I have to be close to the screen, so I don't use any other devices to steer except for the keyboard and mouse. Even with the keyboard I use the Ctrl (modifier) key while turning and it's still lacking.

USA Trucker
03-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Then that explains it. Lots of people report some sort of steering issue with a keyboard, and mouse. Usually it deals with the turning aspect. I had to duplicate the problem some time ago, and would have to agree. Not to mention it’s just too cumbersome for me.

charlytos
08-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Can player change default truck Agressor to other default truck on story section? Thanks.

USA Trucker
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Quick answer, NO, but you can trade/sell it at the start of the game. That's what I did. ;)

charlytos
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks usa trucker to answer and clarify it!...

USA Trucker
08-08-2012, 12:00 PM
You're welcome. ;)