PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dutchman Russian Mission 9.

AdamB15
08-23-2010, 05:36 AM
mmk. cleared entire base.

got extra reiforcements, taken out tank convoy yadda yadda.

First: I have read threads about people who talk about a panzer. I did not have a panzer present in this mission. I know where it should be (in front of the german welder who is working on thin air) But it just isn't there...

That is not the issue. The issue is that i cannot cut open the hatch on the submarine. I used alexay to bring the welder kit to the hatch, (the correct hatch) and then set it up how it should be, then clicked on the padlock symbol on the hatch.

I have been randomly moving the welder kit around on the sub and clicking the hatch for the last 2 hours.

Now, I know how to edit the mission save file, but i ask you this:

How do i edit the code so that the submarine hatch is open, and i can move onto with the rest of my life?

I don't just wanna skip over this mission, since i want to defend against the last ditch german attack as well as see the ending cinemation...

please help me out guys.
-Adam

AdamB15
08-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Nothing, HUH? NOTHING?

aww man.

KnightFandragon
08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Lolz, its been so long since the mission last let me pick up the welder I seriously dont remeber how to get Alexey to weld the hatch. Ive edited my missions and stuff and only like once was I able to even select the welder. As for that Panzer beside the welder its a Puma and im guessing it appears on harder game settings. Ive seen it when I load the mission in the editor.

Shadow.pl
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Probably you are using latest patch 1.17.5. Its not official one i guess, because you cant find it here http://www.menofwargame.com/mow/updates.phtml

Try reinstall the game,then install only patch from the official site and problem should be fixed. It helped me with some other mission bug, and it can help u too.

The problem is that u cannot use savegame from 1.17.5 in 1.11.3 so u'll have to play again this mission.

AdamB15
09-09-2010, 02:56 AM
ahh mmk... thanks guys. I'll just leave it as it is... i have my defenses of machine guns and stolen light vehicles and artillery guns set up.. they'll have to go to waste.

ON TO THE U.S. CAMPAIGN!

Rockn-Roll
12-26-2010, 02:43 PM
scott291: I just bought MoW and am on this mission as well. Certainly, you have moved along, but in case someone does a search for help on the welder I'll share what I figured out. MoW is a sequencially scripted game...you must complete the tasks in a specific order. In this mission you must clear out all the submarine guards before the game will give you access to the welder.

After you get access to the welder it still won't move until you click the action button on the far right to change its stance from firing to towing. Also, you must set the welder down near the forward hatch (the one closest inland)...the hatch closest to the sea won't work. Again, click the action button to change it's stance from towing to firing. Then select Alexay and then click the hatch...the unlock icon should appear and Alexay will start cutting.

Additionally, after the hatch is blown, Alexay will automatically enter the sub. On Normal difficulty the germans will send in like 30 soldiers, 2 tanks, and a half-track. I was down to just two men when this happened...impossible odds. I wouldn't try this section with less than 5 men...and make sure you have several AT and AP nades (a cache is located near the crane) each cause you can't get to the gate switch without taking out those tanks.