PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary stats

IceShade
08-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Over at the old forums there was a thread with all kinds of information. Among them was the list of skills explained..

I've been doing the old tricks of getting my merc's stats up, by having them crawl around to get strength, and collecting all the nades you can find and throwing them all to get throwing up.

Now this crawling also increases agility. The throwing increases dexterity.

HP 115 // Healthpoints, obvious
EN 115 // Energy
EYE 80 // Eyesight, how far you can see people?
HRN 67 // Hearing, how well you can hear enemies?
LRK 0 // ???
TMP 0 // ???
STR 90 // Strength, how much you can carry
STM 65 // Stamina? Difference with energy? How fast it recovers?
DXT 74 // Dexterity, either improves running speed or the time decreased to get something out of your inventory. Which one reduces stance change time?
AGT 57 // Agility
REA 83 // Reaction, what does it do? Decrease adrenaline when spotted an enemy?
INT 80 // Intelligence, determines how fast you learn skills
EXP 54 // Experience, determines how badly adrenaline affects you
SHT 30 // Shooting. Rough and full aimed?
SNP 30 // Shooting with a scope
GFT 30 // Gunfighting, from the hip?
HWP 30 // Heavy weapons, decreases aiming time for machineguns? Also affects accuracy for grenade launchers and such
THR 30 // Throwing, accuracy for hand grenades/knives or more?
HtH 30 // Melee, what does it actually do?
CAM 30 // Camouflage, decreases visibility to enemies
SAP 30 // Sapper, the mysterious demolitions skill. Spotting and disarming, I guess.
MED 30 // Medical, decreases time to fully heal a wound I suppose
STH 10 // ??
LED 0 // Leader? Old BE5 skill
CHA 0 // Charm. Old BE5 skill
TRD 0 // Trading. Old BE5 skill

Also I don't see professionalism here. Where is that listed?

Let's get this cursed list up and going again.

Perhaps also ways to raise these skills?

HP 115 // Get shot
EN 115 // Is there a way?
EYE 80 // No way
HRN 67 // No way
LRK 0 // ???
TMP 0 // ???
STR 90 // Move
STM 65 // No way
DXT 74 // Throwing objects seems to do it quite often
AGT 57 // Moving
REA 83 // Spotting enemies
INT 80 // No way
EXP 54 // Seems to only occur when you're shooting yourself
SHT 30 // Shooting. Rough and full aimed?
SNP 30 // Shooting with a scope
GFT 30 // Gunfighting, from the hip?
HWP 30 // Tricky one. It will only go up if you fire machineguns in 25 round bursts or more, or something. Using grenade launchers helps too.
THR 30 // By throwing
HtH 30 // Stabbing people
CAM 30 // No way
SAP 30 // Plant mines and or defusing them?
MED 30 // Healing wounds
STH 10 // ??
LED 0 // Leader? Old BE5 skill
CHA 0 // Charm. Old BE5 skill
TRD 0 // Trading. Old BE5 skill

MoreDread
08-23-2010, 11:04 PM
ok here is some wild guessing/observations based on experience on my part:

dexterity should describe how good you are with your hands, not your feet.
it primarily has an impact on throwing, possibly shooting(sniping) and medical treatment.

strength mainly determines how much you can carry, it might also have an impact on melee damage and be quite important when using heavy weapons.
it might generally help in counteracting the kickback of guns... i'm just guessing here tho.

agility determines your running speed

reaction should lower the time required to ready a weapon. it might also lower the adrenaline like you said but i'm not sure.
i think experience has the most noticeable impact on adrenaline.
it might also be similar to jagged alliance, where experience has a little impact on almost everything, but i really don't know about that.

stamina i think reduces the amount of energy that is used up by doing things.

melee of course increases the chance to hit someone with your hands, or close combat weapons like knives and bayonets.

medical increases the rate at which you heal others or yourself using medkits and similar items. it might also increase the general healing rate but i don't think so.

throwing doesn't seem to have much impact on the accuracy of thrown weapons, but it has a big impact on the range.

camouflage of course increases the chance not to be spotted by enemies, on the tactical as well as the global map (less random encounters)

there is also a hidden stealth skill, i have no idea why you can't see it ingame, but it's there. it determines how well enemies can hear you.

leader lowers the price of mercs
trading obviously lowers the price of everything you can buy in shops.

intelligence: i'm not sure if it actually decreases the time required to get the next skillpoint, but i'm 100% positive that it increases the amount of skillpoints you get when they are raised... at 100 you sometimes get up to 3 points when a skill is raised.. at 250 you even get 5 or more points.

that beeing said, the best way to raise throwing and dexterity is to buy at least 4 smoke grenades, throw them and pick them up again... you can keep throwing the empty nades and raise your skill.

note the following: if you are done raising your skills and take the empty nades with you to use em again at some other point, it can cause crashes.
if you decide to take em with you the only thing you should do with them is sell em and buy them back refilled to avoid crashes.

and additionally: there is a limit to raising your skills... each skill can only be raised by 5 points per day... so if you wanna get your throwing to 100, you have to rest 24 hours after every 5 points.

if you follow these instructions you can easily raise your throwing skill to 100.. or even higher if you're using the BSM mod...

raising this skill to 100 will also raise dexterity by 5-15 points, depending on how high your throwing skill was before you started training.

this has been discussed before at great length, search the forums to find out more.

oh and i think stamina can be raised by running around while beeing overloaded.. however this primarily raises strength and stamina only goes up very rarely.

to raise the skills/parameters that cannot be raised in the original game you might consider installing the BSM mod. it now adds a levelup system that lets you spend points to raise any skill you like after killing a certain amount of enemies.

IceShade
09-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Any veterans with experience on this subject around?