PDA

View Full Version : Hawx 2 demo out

Irishmandkg
08-17-2010, 11:18 PM
IMO it sucks. A little better than the first realism wise, but the cockpit mode is terrible.

FOZ_1983
08-18-2010, 10:19 AM
IMO it sucks. A little better than the first realism wise, but the cockpit mode is terrible.

Couldn't agree more. Terrible game

Robotic Pope
08-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Couldn't agree more. Terrible game

haha yes I played the demo for the first time tonight. Terrible is the word. One thing that made me laugh was the refueling sequence. Obviously they make the throttle buttons work as if you were actually just notching the throttle up and down by millimetres, but the plane visual model still acts as you are moving the full motion of the throttle. So it looks like you are just inching towards the IL-76 tanker while on full throttle and afterburners to refuel at what must be over mach1.5 at least. :lol:

dkwookie
08-27-2010, 09:44 AM
I got around to trying the demo out yesterday and was seriously unimpressed. Is it just me or do the flight mechanics feel even more simplistic than the first Hawks game? And that's coming from someone who enjoys arcade style battles!

The only part of the demo with anything to say about it was the mid air refueling. That bit was ok.
I got to the carrier take off and the ludicrous launch the plane took made me turn it off imediately.

I was considering getting this when it drops to £10-15 but changed my mind. I get little enough time on my PS3 these days as it is to spend a single minute on this game.

I think we all know we already have the best air combat game we could ever hope for in the shape of BOP