PDA

View Full Version : The Golem

AncientMariner
08-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I doubt most of you are bad enough at "Boss Fights" to have found this out. I am :rolleyes: I thought this was amusing.

I'm playing through on MoC again, with the patch installed, and I came to the final stage of the Golem fight. I think a change has been made to make this harder because I was having considerable difficulties. In frustration, I just started killing things, ignoring the Golem altogether. Suddenly, I realised I'd wiped out the first wave of enemies. I'd always assumed they would constantly respawn. So, could I do this with the rest? Yes I could. I killed everything leaving just me and the Golem. Without his "retinue", he's a piece of cake to defeat :)

I'm not sure this will be a strategy for Demon Crusher, though :grin:

EDIT: Just finished the game on DC. It turns out to be a perfectly good strategy :) I finished off The Golem with a WWI rifle :D

pjanko
09-08-2010, 07:02 AM
I'll try it that way.

AncientMariner
09-08-2010, 11:08 AM
My strategy, just in case you need it.

When you're dropped in, you have ammo to the left, if required. Get rid of the teleporting "Serpent" as a priority. It's a beefed-up version compared to the original game. Then run right and "camp" near the ruined bridge. Let them come to you ... and the ShadowHand Claw ;) Keep moving around this area, taking out the Flying Demons when you can with the weapon of your choice but save your Razer ammo. When the tougher Flying Demons appear, Razer them as they pause and attempt to fireball you. One shot does it. When the Beasts spawn in, stay hidden and headshot them as much as you can with your trusty sniper rifle. This weakens them (and sometimes kills them) so when they come for you, they're easier to kill. After that, throw whatever you've got left at the Golem, without getting too close. Sorted :grin:

Good luck.

pjanko
09-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Wel, thanx for the help, but in the meantime I've finished it with a lot of running ang shooting those bastards around Golem with everything I had..
You didn't mention anything about turning on these generators around the field,.well,..I did it..!!, and when my left hand started to burn/ after a few nice headshots/ I launched my fireball attack which in combination with power from generators provided a great shock to golem,..two or three attacks like that and Golem is done,..:)

...P.S. Demon crusher level.