PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Successor to space rangers?

Brent Zondi
08-13-2010, 07:10 PM
have you guys see any thats like space rangers that are actually good?

Noctilucus
08-14-2010, 11:24 AM
So far I haven't seen any game that I would consider a worthy successor to Space Rangers 2...

But do you mean with "actually good" that you didn't like SR2? If so, what else are you looking for, as there may be similar games that do include what you may have missed in SR2 (e.g. first person view)

Brent Zondi
08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Aww man are you kidding, I love SR. I finally finished the game on hard, and started it on insane. Theres no other game like it it my opinion, i love everything about it, the txt quests, the rts missions are awesome they are a good break from starcraft II. It reminds me of one my favorite shows, firefly. I just like surviving, until i can find another job. Are there any games like that? like x-com has the UFO series diff name same gameplay

jake21
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Do you know how to reset the text puzzles? I last play a while ago (1.5 years?) and would like to play again but there are so few text puzzles i fear i must do them again (maybe oen day new ones will appear?)

Aww man are you kidding, I love SR. I finally finished the game on hard, and started it on insane. Theres no other game like it it my opinion, i love everything about it, the txt quests, the rts missions are awesome they are a good break from starcraft II. It reminds me of one my favorite shows, firefly. I just like surviving, until i can find another job. Are there any games like that? like x-com has the UFO series diff name same gameplay

Noctilucus
08-19-2010, 08:19 AM

No, there aren't any SR2 successors though I've heard positive comments about X3 and in its own way, Freelancer wasn't too bad either.
The thing with UFO is that it sold well and received a lot more attention and fans than SR2, tempting developers into trying to create their own. In addition, UFO dates back to the nineties, leading some developers to think that it would be easy to come out with UFO with improved graphics. Until now, most of them were disappointing compared to the original.

Jake21: what do you mean with "reset" the text puzzles?

jake21
08-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Jake21: what do you mean with "reset" the text puzzles?

There is a file somewhere that controls which text puzzles are avaialble. When you play the game a second time it will not redo any of the puzzles you did the previous game. Unfortunately there are very few of these so that means that almost no puzzle will be availble unless you reset them.

The game has three aspects - rts (which i'm not very good at), combat/trade/space flight, and the text puzzles

Noctilucus
08-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Ah, I hadn't noticed... At least in Reboot you can play the text games directly from the main menu, though of course you don't get the financial reward that you would get in the real game.