PDA

View Full Version : Men of War - Bushwar Angola

jacquescrous
08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Please look into doing a game on the Angolan South African Conflict, I enjoy the Men of War series very much& play it often. I would love to get a game on the Bushwar 1966 - 1989 of the Cuban/South African/Swapo War

Nikitns
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
no1 cares about it

bigbossmalone
09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
speak for yourself....

jacquescrous
10-29-2010, 08:01 PM
speak for yourself....

I agree with you!!!!!

KageToraUK
11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I agree with you!!!!!

I agree it might be interesting. Why not make it yourself? Get a mod team together - someone to make models & skins, someone to make maps, someone to make missions, and possibly a coder for multiplayer/co-op - and you've got a game!

SpeedWolf
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree it might be interesting. Why not make it yourself? Get a mod team together - someone to make models & skins, someone to make maps, someone to make missions, and possibly a coder for multiplayer/co-op - and you've got a game!

that is a lot of work' just to release a mod for free:grin:

i would like to see a game set in Angola or anywhere that have not been done before or anything that don't have you play as the American as in so many game.

up to now i would love to play a call of duty campaign that is set in the German side for ones.

FM_Von_Manstein
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
that is a lot of work' just to release a mod for free:grin:

i would like to see a game set in Angola or anywhere that have not been done before or anything that don't have you play as the American as in so many game.

up to now i would love to play a call of duty campaign that is set in the German side for ones.

Agreed, I'll gladly talk a leading role on the historical side of things. I'd very much like to make sure the world's brainwashed and retarded children learn that not all Germans are Nazis. *Facepalm*

As for Angola, while I agree that video games are incredibly focused on certain time periods and scenarios. (i.e. WW2 and modern warfare), and thus it would be cool to branch out. Angola is a poor choice, no point in choosing a conflict that nobody has ever heard of. I fancy myself an expert for the 1904-Present time period, but even I can't read up on every African conflict, and there's probably a few I've never even heard about.

When the history experts don't know much about something it's safe to assume the average 14 year old kid wont either. You want to make games that are going to appealing.

So Vietnam is a good choice, we lack video games about that time period. I'm still wanting for a realistic Vietnam FPS, or maybe there's already a BF: Vietnam mod that I'm unaware of.

it068
03-19-2011, 05:33 PM
call of duty should release a game set in the desert war where you can play as British, Germans and Italians.

it068
03-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Agreed, I'll gladly talk a leading role on the historical side of things. I'd very much like to make sure the world's brainwashed and retarded children learn that not all Germans are Nazis.

I must say that I agree with you

Mack the Knife
03-28-2011, 04:09 AM
where is this dadgum game!!

rossw
03-30-2011, 06:53 PM
call of duty should release a game set in the desert war where you can play as British, Germans and Italians.

CoD 2? Even got to drive a Crusader

jacquescrous
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
This would be an excellent idea??? what do the gamers out in cyber space think.

I still think a game on the African continent with specifics to the Angolan war is a future game.

Chock
04-20-2011, 03:38 AM
I suspect that'd be quite a cool idea for a combat sim (or game if you prefer to call it that) and it would certainly more original choice than the done to death WW2 genre.

Moreover, if anyone has never heard of UNITA, the FNLA or the MPLA, then they should not claim to be at all knowledgeable about history and warfare, because this was not a small war, it cost the lives of several million people and involved the United States, the Soviet Union as well as South Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Cuba. Thus I suspect the 'never heard of it' claims will largely be coming from people who know bugger all about anything unless there's been a Hollywood action movie about it.

So as for people claiming to be experts who say they've never heard of warfare in Angola (either the war of independence or the civil war), well, I think that tells you all you need to know about their level of expertise and knowledge. This is particularly true in view of the fact that the level of involvement and support offered in Angola by both the Soviet and US governments was often a mirror of their strategic and political strategies in relation to other proxy wars such as Vietnam.

But back to the prospect of a simulation of the conflict, I think it would be a case of 'if you build it, they will come'. so let's hope somebody does.

Al

it068
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
CoD 2? Even got to drive a Crusader

I seriously didn't know that!:-P But sadly, COD 2 is too old for me

Saryk
04-26-2011, 03:56 PM
It would be smart to include other areas of conflict instead of one area.

Having one area especially Angola, would not drive enough interest.

However Angola, Bay of Pigs, Lemnos, Inchon, etc…………would give a greater range of interest. I would love for the Bay of Pigs to be recreated. Or a what if scenarios like the USA taking over Cuba. Or the USSR attacking the USA, Great Britain, etc.

xzalion
06-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Please look into doing a game on the Angolan South African Conflict, I enjoy the Men of War series very much& play it often. I would love to get a game on the Bushwar 1966 - 1989 of the Cuban/South African/Swapo War

Hi dude

We are a South Africa/namibia gamedevelopment studio currently making that game, we are 2 years in development with it. Our web site will be up & ready soon :)

http://nuk3team.com/ the site is currently empty, our plans is the make it public visible until we have our Demo ready

Take care

Project leader of Angola War
Xzalion

Gypsy39
08-03-2011, 06:37 AM

A MoW game set here would kick ass. I'd also like to see the Soviets in Afghanistan in this series. :grin:

jacquescrous
08-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Chock,

Spoken like a true gamer, I support your logic 100%.

jacquescrous
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Well now that Men of War: Vietnam has seen the PC'S how about the African continent conflicts, I am sure that there will be many people out there that will enjoy this!!!

Come on 1C Company go ahead make my day, in fact week, month, year decade!!!!!!:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

FM_Thomas7
12-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm up for coding in new units etc as I've got experience from my work from adding more units to MOW: Vietnam, just to flag up I have no patience for maps or modelling etc but I'm fine with the coding, so if you do get something off the ground I'll see what I can do to help.

E'dollo
01-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Agreed, I'll gladly talk a leading role on the historical side of things. I'd very much like to make sure the world's brainwashed and retarded children learn that not all Germans are Nazis. *Facepalm*

I must say, your a dumb piece of shit.

You can call American's baby killer's whatever it may be, but when over Five Million people died at the hands of a ruthless government bent on taking over Europe, maybe a more Autocratic version of Napoleon's France, but they government WAS supported by the people. Who's brainwashed now? Not everyone was a Nazi in Nazi Germany no, but the majority was. Read up on history, and when you can look at pictures of Concentration Camps and the thousands of Soldiers that the Allies sacrificed to stop Hitler's Germany, then I will let you gauge the stupidity of this world's children.

FM_Thomas7
01-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I must say, your a dumb piece of shit.

You can call American's baby killer's whatever it may be, but when over Five Million people died at the hands of a ruthless government bent on taking over Europe, maybe a more Autocratic version of Napoleon's France, but they government WAS supported by the people. Who's brainwashed now? Not everyone was a Nazi in Nazi Germany no, but the majority was. Read up on history, and when you can look at pictures of Concentration Camps and the thousands of Soldiers that the Allies sacrificed to stop Hitler's Germany, then I will let you gauge the stupidity of this world's children.

Jesus christ! how childish are you being, he pointed out that not all Germans are Nazis, "not all" meaning that there were supporters of the Facist movement.

I think you'll find that yes the majority probably will have supported the movement, but that doesn't mean they want to, they could no longer trust their own family because they would be at risk of being reported to the Gestapo for anti-nazi activites and they'd disappear, so it is more easier to say that, there should be 3 sides to the whole nazi supporter argument, the people who choose to be supportive and those who were supportive because they had no choice and the people who fled and died because of there views against Hitler.

I do not condone what was done by the Nazis, but you can't blame the citizens of a country who is so ashamed of what happened that pretty much anything that is connected to Hitler or the "dark ages" of the reign of the nazi party is illegal, can't we stop arguing over whether all Germans are Nazis or not because at the moment, the only people you'll find are the Neo-Nazis who'll never have any power what so ever, because of what happened.

If any of this is considered offensive by anybody, it shouldn't be as it is merely showing that everything isn't black and white, when it comes to humans, it is very hard to pin 1 view on all.

And about what Manstein said, it's also not fair to say that all children are retarded and brainwashed for exactly the same reason.

And one last thing... why the **** are you talking about the Nazis on a forum for Vietnam!.