PDA

View Full Version : Possible to edit single player campaign?

unrealalex
08-09-2010, 04:50 AM
I tried opening different missions in the editor and adding stuff like sandbags to where I desired, then saving the mission and the map (F2 and F3 esc save) and then loading the level in the single player mission list and its not changed.

Any advice?

expoke
08-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I have thesame problem

KnightFandragon
08-09-2010, 05:29 PM
its been a few since ive edited the maps and stuff but to get defenses to stay load up the map with F2 and edit it as u want, then save it then open the mission in F3 mode and I think they should be there. The changes go away if u edit F3 first and then F2....if I remeber right you change F3 then F2 and save in F3 mode it likes to ask if you are sure you want to save and you'll lose all unsaved changes. I just open F2 first, change the map, save and open F3 change what I want and then play it...If your just adding stuff open the mission all in F3 mode change what you want then save F3 mode. F2 is only if you want to delete shrubs and stuff off the map, atleast thats all I use it for. Of course I used my own mod folder and stuff and idk if u have to have a mod or not to edit the missions.

unrealalex
08-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I tried that didnt work.

kane1
08-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I tried opening different missions in the editor and adding stuff like sandbags to where I desired, then saving the mission and the map (F2 and F3 esc save) and then loading the level in the single player mission list and its not changed.

Any advice?

Are you talking about ingame SP missions?

Here's the way I do it,
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=91496&titleID=14920&onPage=1

KnightFandragon
08-10-2010, 12:30 AM
I think you need to make your own mod then and edit them with your mod activated. Im sure your editing the missions properly but I guess the base game doesnt take your changes or something.