PDA

View Full Version : Take over the Jungle Camp..

Xiola
08-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi guys, just got this mission and I cannot see that it is possible.

There are around 30-40 rebels.

Even if I go in with night sights and all prone in a line, there are just so many I get swamped.

I have 1xAK47night version with night scope, lazer etc.
1 AEK 5.45mm with same upgrades (62 dmg)
1Dragonov with night scope
2 OSW with night scopes (55 dmg)
One AUG MG (65dmg) with night scope

I have tried day too but htat even worse as they can all see you as soon as you enter.

Does anyone have any strategies for this battle?

All snipers would be too slow firing and I dont really need the range.

SMGs are not accurate enough. The assualt rifles seem the best bet for this one but I just cannot take enough enemies out quickly enough?

Going in at night was in desperation...

IceShade
08-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I did this a couple of days ago. It took me about 2 hours, a box of .223 suppressed and a backpack full of boobytraps.

There were about 54 (!!) enemies in the camp.

Requirements: Night time, suppressors, night scopes/goggles and a whole dose of patience.

Basically, if you fire an unsuppressed weapon the whole camp will go after you and overwhelm you within a minute. If you carefully pick them off with suppressed weapons, you can reduce this number significantly before finally going loud.

Sneak in and place explosives on the most obvious routes towards you (because you'll be sitting somewhere safe, firing suppressed weapons!). The explosives are necessary when you finally do go loud, or when a few enemies have caught sight of you anyway. The chance is quite small that they'll go after you when you're using suppressed weapons, but it's there, thus you should always be prepared.

I've not had a lot of success with the mines (Black widow circular things). PDMs are great. The MON-50 (Russian claymore clone) is even better, because it is guaranteed to go off (I think). Last but not least, deploy a lot of tripwires with grenades .. you can make plenty of these.

Happy hunting. Remember to count your kills and only go in loud when you've killed most of them .. otherwise you'll be overrun.

Xiola
08-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks ICe,

There were no traders with any night goggles, I figured I had rushed through the game too much.

I decided to start again with the Blue Sun Mod, but am having a few problems. I keep starting with 100,000 however I install it!

Kyle
08-08-2010, 03:06 PM
The BSM is undergoing major developments right now. If I'm not mistaken, the $100,000 that the mod now gives is only temporary to ease the testing of features that R@S is implementing. I infer, that once the latest build is "done," that the $100,000 will be greatly reduced.

I read a thread not too long ago (can't recall where) that details R@S' easy-to-follow advice to change the amount of cash yourself. Do a keyword search for it if having too much money is spoiling your experience of the game.

Hope that helps! :)

Xiola
08-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks Kyle, however my outsourcedconfig file says :-

There are two checks for wrong values. If the option names itself are altered, -1 is returned. If the values are out of range respectively loose (e.g. min > max), standard value will be returned.

**********************/

//********* Gamestart *********\\

StartMoney "1000"

IntroMovie "1" // on 1/off 0

Still I get 100000

Neuromante
09-27-2010, 03:52 PM
I completed this mission some day ago. I sent a militia unit to the camp which, also out of luck, arrived exactly at 00:00. Soon as they entered the sector I went in too. While they were getting slaughtered by the rebels (hardly scoring a single kill) I set up on the high ground, my ghillied sniper with another dude equipped with a suppressed assault rifle on one side and the rest of my team to the other. While my MG fired without rest these long burst THROUGH the trees and into the camp, my marksman with a night sight and my CQB guy were covering it from other threats, meanwhile the suppressed sniper and the other guy were picking them off while staying undetected. I think I went through 3 belts of ammo, my SAW constantly overheated, at one point I was wondering why it didn't melt or something. Took me a few tries but in the end I did it from start to finish without deaths on my side. Awesome mission and awesome game.

JackintheBox
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
bring heavy weapons............

Standalone&underslung launchers, RPG`s, LAW´s whatever you can get bring it!
Just blast into the rebel groups und shoot the stunned lads afterwards.
The downside to this though is that,
A: Heavy weapons rely more on your actuall skillpoints than any other weapons in the game. So you might fire some blasts into the sky/mountains/foilage if your mercs are not trained.
B: Judging the angle and range of heavy weapons will require some practice.
Most players find it very frustrating to use them(which they are) and will disregard them immediately.
But once you get the hang of it, they work very well in such scenarios.

IceShade
09-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't use them often, but they can be quite handy in very specific situations.

I have a RG-6 and a RPG-18 assigned to my merc with the highest HW skill. The RPG-18 is used against walls, because hitting the ground is too inaccurate.

A good example of when I used the RG-6 to great effect: In the prison map, before you enter the building from the tunnel, you have to go around a corner and go into a hole in the fence. This is the only way in, and it was being guarded by a single prone guy. Knowing that exposing myself to him for more than 2 seconds would result in a hit, so I tried to avoid that.

2 options came to mind: Quickly fire a good burst from the hip at him and hope to confuse/shake him up a bit and take him out with someone else (quite risky).... or note his position and pepper the area with 6 grenades from the RG-6. The latter was really effective.

Eh, so much for that anecdote. For the jungle camp, stock up on a ton of rifle grenades.. while the enemy is busy with your militia, just shoot everything explosive you have into the camp and hope it kills enough for you to do your thing.

JackintheBox
09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
just shoot everything explosive you have into the camp and hope it kills enough for you to do your thing.

:grin:

I have a RG-6 and a RPG-18 assigned to my merc with the highest HW skill.

Actually i have the RPG on another guy.
I also aim for walls and similar stuff so the lower skill does not matter that much.
If the target is pretty straight from your merc he will at least hit close to it.

The RG-6 can just be devastating!
But as said, its very hard to correctly judge the angle and force behind the shot.
Ive never been able to properly lob a nade over some terrain and have it land on my target.
The angle just seems to be very finnicky.

Additionally i have a rifle grenade launcher on my AE and usually i dump like five points into the skill at the start.
The rest can be trained comfortably, while shooting smoke nades into the jungle.
But again, precise shooting is difficult and straight shots are most reliable.

The best shot i ever made was this

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8567/granatebodyego.jpg (http://img820.imageshack.us/i/granatebodyego.jpg/)

Its one of the front guard towers of el vertigo,
through the eyes of the tower guard....
I had FAT luck there!
And i totally aimed at something else^^

sry for derailing the thread into Hwp´s

;)

AJJY
04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I tried night combat, I am litlebit confused.
I did cheat (console cgl 14 to buy Vintorez, subsonic ammunition and night googles), but I did not get Splinter Cell type combat. I am quite confused about scopes in night.
So some questions:
1) How good in night are night googles. What is their angle of view?
2) How does work night scopes? Are they weaker then night googles?
3) How much is affected by eyesight skill?
4) How does work standard scopes in night?

Sometimes I went out with NG on and spot some enemy. Then I switch out NG that I can shoot at enemy through night scope, but I can not see enemy through night scope which I can see through NG.

Sometimes I am searching enemy with weapon ready and do not see enemy through night scope even few meters away. Ones in old mines I spot enemy, but lost it. Tried to follow his path till stuck on path. Though that just another path-finding problem, but when I went back and turned again, for my surprise and disappointment, I was stuck in ... enemy solder (my stealth skill is high...)...

So can somebody explain night combat? Night scopes, night googles, eyesight, range and angle of view.

Kuujis
04-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I tried night combat, I am litlebit confused.
I did cheat (console cgl 14 to buy Vintorez, subsonic ammunition and night googles), but I did not get Splinter Cell type combat. I am quite confused about scopes in night.
So some questions:
1) How good in night are night googles. What is their angle of view?
2) How does work night scopes? Are they weaker then night googles?
3) How much is affected by eyesight skill?
4) How does work standard scopes in night?

1. You can actually check fields of view with the corresponding buttons in the UI. They show you how far you char can see and how well. IIRC NV googles make field of view more narrow, even if you do not turn NV googles on.
2. Scopes also limit FOV, the more they zoom, the more FOV is limited, but the further PC is able to see. NV scopes simply work better during night time, and worse during day time IIRC. You can check that while aiming with "scope" targeting selected and turning on field of fire view (next to FOV).
3. Better eye sight means character is able to see further and if enemy is in yellow/red areas of FOV - better eyesight means you will notice them earlier.
4. IIRC - they work, but as expected - their effect is worse than during day time and worse than NV during night.

So can somebody explain night combat? Night scopes, night googles, eyesight, range and angle of view.
Night combat is about seeing your enemy first :) That about covers it. Also - you are much more visible, if you shoot without suppressor. And - if you use alt while clicking on an enemy - your character will continue shooting at him even if he vanishes from your sight. And... spotters are nice, when they have 2-3 snipers to cover their asses and are able to sneak well ;)