PDA

View Full Version : Police, And Other AI Problems, Or Questions.

charlytos
05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Bug found in game, running long distance AI opponent drivers never stop on Gas stations to take fuel and player must stop 2 o 3 times to take fuel.
Igor Pelago on any interview said, AI opponent would have the same reactions that human players. But really this is not so, that bug was in old version King of the road too!...
Anyone can to say me, if russian 3.02 or 3.01 english patches fix that bug mentioned?...

USA Driver
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
I know pretty much the game is about hauling goods, hiring drivers, and other things like that. But the authors of this game have lied to us about features that were promised to make the AI drivers more lifelike.

First off, I'm getting sick of how badly the AI drives. How they seem to stop right infront of you with no warning. No traffic infront of him. And then make a crazy turn.
If you hit the guy, guess what? The cops blame you. They go after you. Not the guy that caused you to hit him.
They promised that the police would go after AI drivers that don't follow the rules of the road. How is the police busting me for something the AI did, busting them? He caused it for stopping infront of me.

Another thing is the speed they drive. I expect truckers to go something like 70MPH on the interstates, and cars to go 65-70MPH.
Most of them go a mind-numbing 35MPH. Even on an interstate. That doesn't happen in real life.

I really wish I didn't have to say that it's a disappointment. But this game took five years to make. And.. this is the best they could come up with?

They didn't even put San Francisco on the map(as in a map marker). It's a drive-threw city if you go on US 101. Very disappointed in that. The AI tends to get stuck there as well. I'm often forced to pass them via a sidewalk. And if I hit them, boom ticket for me, due to them blocking the road.

I'm losing money fast over the stupidy of the AI drivers. There needs to be a patch or something. Or a way to edit the speed in a file.
And did I mention, they ignore the player's turn signals?

Cabover
06-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Yes, i also told them about this issue, i wish the damn ai would go faster then 35mph i hate this! and i got proof to prove this!
http://a.imagehost.org/0966/999999.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0966/999999)

http://j.imagehost.org/0350/9999999.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0350/9999999)

http://j.imagehost.org/0144/999999999.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0144/999999999)

Look how dumb these Ai's! are!!! i could have crashed! and yes please! 1c make these ai faster or at least tell us were the file are to make them faster!
and no! i didnt crash onto them and also LOOK AT THE AI IN THE SKY!

Krazy
06-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Agreed ! Especially for the speed! I can't stand the area of Mi Wuk Village because of that! they drive so slow and it's next to impossible to pass them :(
It's too bad because the game have such a nice potential...
I guess that 1-2 years of bug testing wasn't enough :lol:

TCarter
06-11-2010, 12:41 AM
I agree. They should have to stop for gas.

I have seen some of the AI trucks speed / hit other vehicles. Cops dont go after them.

I understand that for a true computerized version of a human, and all the bells and whistles would be difficult from a programming point of view, as I myself, am also a career programmer.

But this, should be something to think about.

USA Trucker
06-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I agree. They should have to stop for gas.

I have seen some of the AI trucks speed / hit other vehicles. Cops dont go after them.

I understand that for a true computerized version of a human, and all the bells and whistles would be difficult from a programming point of view, as I myself, am also a career programmer.

But this, should be something to think about.

I'm hopeful that some of these, and other discrepencies will be worked out in the future patch.

In refererence to the gas.... I will assume that those AI trucks have the 'Extra Gas Tank' installed that you can also purchase at the 'Repair Shop'.

kennyb87
06-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I honestly would not hold out on hope to fix this issue. I would assume they have a million fuel tanks on their trucks. I know it can be a real pain trying to find a fuel station to get fuel from. I always save before one comes up so if I cant get in I can try for the next station, if I miss it I can reload and go into the 1st station and just hopw to catch up

USA Trucker
06-11-2010, 02:02 AM
I honestly would not hold out on hope to fix this issue. I would assume they have a million fuel tanks on their trucks. I know it can be a real pain trying to find a fuel station to get fuel from. I always save before one comes up so if I cant get in I can try for the next station, if I miss it I can reload and go into the 1st station and just hopw to catch up

One of the many reasons why I always state that you should have multiple "Save Points". ;) If you mess up somewhere, you have just a short way to re-play. Especially if you're following the 'Story-Line'. My strategy is.... Save just prior to a gas station, confusing interstate/interchange areas, just before a mission (done with some practice), and just after you except a mission. I save about every 15 minutes of real-time. It seems petty, but will help in the long run. Don't overwrite your last save. Just keep naming a new one until you have at least 5 or so saves.

kennyb87
06-11-2010, 02:45 AM
I learned to save alot when I played half life way back when half life just came out scary game for a little kid. Now its just a habbit for me. Fall out 3 I could play for 20 minutes with no save and then I screw up so bang that time is wasted

USA Trucker
06-11-2010, 02:55 AM
I learned to save alot when I played half life way back when half life just came out scary game for a little kid. Now its just a habbit for me. Fall out 3 I could play for 20 minutes with no save and then I screw up so bang that time is wasted

Wow! That's the first I game I learned that lesson from too. ;) I still enjoy playing it, along with Doom3.

kennyb87
06-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Doom 3 is a real, new underpants game very dark and you have a flashlight and a monster pops out. I got killed on that game around a million times

USA Trucker
06-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Doom 3 is a real, new underpants game very dark and you have a flashlight and a monster pops out. I got killed on that game around a million times

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Me too. That's what I learned from Half-Life. I put this into practice with every game I play. Save, Save, SAVE!!

charlytos
06-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks friends to reply my post, putting your suggestions!...

USA Trucker
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks friends to reply my post, putting your suggestions!...

Your welcome, and I' glad we all could help.

Lolsmurf
06-24-2010, 05:24 PM
to come back to the gas issue

It is true and unfair that they don't have to refuel, but every time you stop at a truckstop or whatever to refuel the AI opponents slow down, so you don't lose much terrain actually, thats something very well I think

Also if you crash and have to restart your truck they slow down...

USA Trucker
06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
to come back to the gas issue

It is true and unfair that they don't have to refuel, but every time you stop at a truckstop or whatever to refuel the AI opponents slow down, so you don't lose much terrain actually, thats something very well I think

Also if you crash and have to restart your truck they slow down...

That's quite true, but I wouldn't stop for gas, or a repair shop too close to the final destination, or it's curtains for you.

fvcrazytrain
07-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Police car hits me and i get fine for assaulting a police vehicle plus paying damages. They are the ones that should paying the fine, not me since they hit me!!..Anyways, my most common is ticket is something that says interfering with changing lines i get this ticket all the time no matter where i am. Does anyone know how to get stop getting ticketed?

GinXeng
07-31-2010, 03:10 AM
Pull over, turn engine off. Dont move anywhere.

USA Trucker
08-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Police car hits me and i get fine for assaulting a police vehicle plus paying damages. They are the ones that should paying the fine, not me since they hit me!!..Anyways, my most common is ticket is something that says interfering with changing lines i get this ticket all the time no matter where i am. Does anyone know how to get stop getting ticketed?

It's not the police that are crazy.

If you change lanes too close from the truck behind you, you'll get fined for cutting him/her off. If you drive erratically you may get this ticket too. If you're getting this ticket a lot, then you need to pay more attention to what's on the road behind you as well as in front of you. That's why man made mirrors.;)

Lolsmurf
08-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Anyway, the cops are a mess in the game, they should change that...

USA Trucker
08-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Anyway, the cops are a mess in the game, they should change that...

Actually, it's not the cops that are so bad. It's the blame that stinks.:( If someone cuts you off, and/or hits you, YOU get blamed. It's a one way street in that respect.:evil: If you cut someone off, you're nailed instantly! While fines are being thrown left & right, you can blow the doors of the cops doing 90+, and NOTHING HAPPENS! I think the cops should be more realistic like 18 WoS. At least there they got you for red lights, speeding, and violating rest laws. I didn't mind any of those.:)

Lolsmurf
08-07-2010, 12:00 PM
true

Pete379exhd
08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Actually, it's not the cops that are so bad. It's the blame that stinks.:( If someone cuts you off, and/or hits you, YOU get blamed. It's a one way street in that respect.:evil: If you cut someone off, you're nailed instantly! While fines are being thrown left & right, you can blow the doors of the cops doing 90+, and NOTHING HAPPENS! I think the cops should be more realistic like 18 WoS. At least there they got you for red lights, speeding, and violating rest laws. I didn't mind any of those.:)

you've got a good point. but it's almost always the truck driver that gets blamed in real life as well so they did get that right in a way. and I agree the 18wos police were good...aside from not being able to turn right on red. that was annoying.

USA Trucker
08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
you've got a good point. but it's almost always the truck driver that gets blamed in real life as well so they did get that right in a way. and I agree the 18wos police were good...aside from not being able to turn right on red. that was annoying.

Not all states have a "turn on right" law. I know from trucking myself. California in my days were "turn on right" when posted. It could have changed since then. ;)

Patrick
08-26-2010, 09:26 PM
The traffic needs to be fixed. I cant say it any more simple.

People change lanes when you pass them = fine.
You crashed and are not moving on the highway and people crash into you = fine.
You are at a intersection and a truck turns into your road and he crashes with his trailer into you = fine.
And more...

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
The traffic needs to be fixed. I cant say it any more simple.

People change lanes when you pass them = fine.
You crashed and are not moving on the highway and people crash into you = fine.
You are at a intersection and a truck turns into your road and he crashes with his trailer into you = fine.
And more...

Old news. Let's stop repeating it. You're testing my patience with some of your postings. We are all too familiar with the police concept here.

BleDrajor
08-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Hmm, I have nearly no problems with the traffic or police. It seems that I'm not normal. :-P

Traffic usually waits for me before changing lanes and when I want to turn right or left on a crossing I just wait for them to leave to avoid hitting them with my trailer.

I think it's not too hard to learn how to harmonize with them. :)

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Hmm, I have nearly no problems with the traffic or police. It seems that I'm not normal. :-P

Traffic usually waits for me before changing lanes and when I want to turn right or left on a crossing I just wait for them to leave to avoid hitting them with my trailer.

I think it's not too hard to learn how to harmonize with them. :)

I agree. Some people drive like lunatics, others are using just a keyboard & mouse. This game was not made for that. Yet others just don't use common sense. I have not had these issues either.

GAZ Vodnik
08-27-2010, 05:01 PM
I don´t have a problem with the traffic, but I wonder, why the blinkers are useless. If a car is next to me on the lane for another highway/parking-lot/Whatever, I need to stop or slow down, because the traffic doesn´t react to the blinkers...

They also change the lane immediately if you load a quicksave (Not funny if you are next to them).

Some cars are changing two or three lines at once. :confused:

BleDrajor
08-27-2010, 05:38 PM
In reality also many drivers do not react to your blinkers. That's sad but is realistic. ;)
To be serious: I would like to see those reactions in R&R, too. SCS games show how good traffic works. There the cars drive behind you to let you change the lane.

Changing so much lanes in that way usually happens when the traffic cars or drivers recognize that they are on a lane that goes to a city they don't want to drive to. So they suddenly change the lane to get to the right city.
Not very realistic and really dangerous, but it's always a good chance to test my truck horn.

DriverX3
08-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I just don't like pulling out from a diner or something and I am crossing lanes and the police pull me over for driving on the wrong side they give you no time to get into the right lane.

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I just don't like pulling out from a diner or something and I am crossing lanes and the police pull me over for driving on the wrong side they give you no time to get into the right lane.

The cab of your truck needs to be in the proper lane when turning. Just like in real life. You should never be in the wrong lane. Your trailer may stray a little, but not the cab during a turn. Do you mean diner, or the truck stop exit in general?

Pete379exhd
08-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Not all states have a "turn on right" law. I know from trucking myself. California in my days were "turn on right" when posted. It could have changed since then. ;)

yea I understand what you mean when you're saying that some don't. My dad's had that problem in a few states as well even though he doesn't go out of state much anymore thanks to line haul. fortunately my state is kinda typical and fits in well. our cops respect drivers a lot and give them a lot of leway in the city. however the bears are a bunch of jerks unfortunately. they're like the "super troopers" in RnR. they'll pull you over for anything and everything.

DriverX3
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Come out of a diner I was parked in front of it then took off to the road did everything right they just said I was in the wrong lane when I was getting my rig to the right lane leaving a parking lot. Also when you do your turns you might have to go into the wrong lane to make the corner if the trailers in this game actually moved like a real trailer.

Kibble
08-29-2010, 09:34 AM
i usually show the blinker a few seconds befor i change lane, and cars and truck brake slightly so i can change. most people turn on blinker when they start changing lanes.

adogg
08-29-2010, 10:44 AM
i was just playing R'N'R and a cop cut me off and i ran into him so i just said oh well and ramed him till he spun out and i took off and ran into the nearest warehouse lol i'm not coming out call the swat team lol

USA Trucker
08-29-2010, 10:51 AM
i was just playing R'N'R and a cop cut me off and i ran into him so i just said oh well and ramed him till he spun out and i took off and ran into the nearest warehouse lol i'm not coming out call the swat team lol

NEWS FLASH.......

Mr Adogg, this is the police. You are completely surrounded! Come out with your hands up, or we'll open fire, and ruin your truck, take your money, wife, home, and first born!!! :lol:

adogg
08-29-2010, 10:52 AM
NEWS FLASH.......

Mr Adogg, you are completely surrounded! Come out with your hands up, or we'll open fire, and ruin your truck, take your money, wife, home, and first born!!! :lol:

Sorry cant do it taking a number 2 come back later lmao

ReddogTn
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
I know pretty much the game is about hauling goods, hiring drivers, and other things like that. But the authors of this game have lied to us about features that were promised to make the AI drivers more lifelike.

First off, I'm getting sick of how badly the AI drives. How they seem to stop right infront of you with no warning. No traffic infront of him. And then make a crazy turn.
If you hit the guy, guess what? The cops blame you. They go after you. Not the guy that caused you to hit him.
They promised that the police would go after AI drivers that don't follow the rules of the road. How is the police busting me for something the AI did, busting them? He caused it for stopping infront of me.

Another thing is the speed they drive. I expect truckers to go something like 70MPH on the interstates, and cars to go 65-70MPH.
Most of them go a mind-numbing 35MPH. Even on an interstate. That doesn't happen in real life.

I really wish I didn't have to say that it's a disappointment. But this game took five years to make. And.. this is the best they could come up with?

They didn't even put San Francisco on the map(as in a map marker). It's a drive-threw city if you go on US 101. Very disappointed in that. The AI tends to get stuck there as well. I'm often forced to pass them via a sidewalk. And if I hit them, boom ticket for me, due to them blocking the road.

I'm losing money fast over the stupidy of the AI drivers. There needs to be a patch or something. Or a way to edit the speed in a file.

lol well to be honest, that is real life in a way. let me explain. If you hold you're CDL license then youre use at fault during an acident no matter how really was the stupide one. they blame drivers on everthing. and if you drove a rig in real life you see just how stupide people drive!! and yes they are very stupide. seen some crazy shit on the road. I see youre point and ai is cheap but thought i would say its not so far from the real wourld lol.

bjorn324
10-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Just look to the convoy movie in the beginning, the old "Rubber Duck" also get pulled over while the girl is driving like a idiot

flapane
11-18-2010, 05:16 PM
The way AI is handled is simply DISAPPOINTING.
Why in the world should I pay a ticket if an AI car stucks in the middle of the Interstate for no reason, or if it suddenly changes its lane?

duckcs
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes, that's a CRUCIAL point in this kind of game, that was not very well developed at Rig'n'Roll.

Everyone who already drive at a highway knows what I mean, the car gives you passage, slower cars at right lanes, faster at left's, maybe things like wink headlight so an slower car go to the right lane, this kind of thing

An more interative and fun AI, where u feel joy to drive, and not get pissed of with it :mrgreen:

dzx
01-23-2011, 05:07 PM
There's some work arounds...

Traffic density at 0 for instance.
Then you have little traffic to worry about.

Cops very seldom cross the center line if they are in pursuit already.
If you have troubles with cops trying to box, if possible, head to other side of road and drive there [only works with very low traffic density setting like 0].

My opinion of realism in game is you can only take it so far. While the fines can be painful [specially on hard], the pursuits are a doldrum breaker..

Differesnt issue is Ai trucks doing weird things in the warehouse yard. completly facing wrong way etc...

Neonflowful
03-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Notice how the AI trucks cut you off, as in I was doing fine pass BAM he swerved to the left, I'm skidding with the police trying to stop me!

USA Trucker
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Those things happen in real life too. I think it’s neat, and tests your driving skills. It doesn’t happen a lot, so I can deal with it. I assume the more difficult the setting, the more it will happen.

Teufelshunde
02-08-2012, 02:50 AM

LOL... Sounds like real life. I am an owner operator (trucker) myself, and I quit running into California due to these exact reasons. California drivers just can't drive! LOL. Also, yes, the California Highway Patrol and the US Department of Transportation always blame us first for any accident. The second you get your CDL, your now longer innocent until proven guilty, its the exact opposite. Your now the "professional", you should be able to stop a car from cutting you off and slamming on his brakes. LOL. We deal with these exact problems every single day, not just in California, but everywhere.

For those of you who are not truckers, I'd love to let you know the real things we deal with... One thing they don't even have on this "simulator" is Weigh Stations, where they can pull you in to check your weight, do a level 1,2, or 3 inspection on your truck and trailer, check your log books to make sure your following the requirements, and if your not or if there is something wrong with your equipment, you get fined (sometimes over 5k dollars), and put out of service until your truck is fixed right there at the weigh stations.

The US Government has made us out to be the enemy, what they have forgotten is EVERYTHING in this country moves by truck. You go to the store to buy food, it was taken by truck... fuel for your car, got there by truck.

But, back to the game now, I believe this is the one of the worst for simulation, but best for graphics when it comes to comparing with the 18 Wheels of Steel Games.

They need to make weigh stations, actual truck stop chains (such as Flying J) where other trucks park (not just you), more realistic grades (such as Donnar Pass going to Reno, NV), and the AI is completely terrible! Not even California drivers are THAT bad. lol

You don't even have to get out of the truck to sign paperwork for your Bills of Lading for your load that your transporting. And since when does a CB sound like a Cell Phone? LOL. They should give us options for both.

USA Trucker
02-08-2012, 03:17 AM
Weigh stations are usually at entrance points to & from state borders. The game doesn’t use them because the game mostly takes place in California. Therefore they found no use for it. The game is far from perfect, but it’s decent enough if you can take the time to overlook its flaws.;)

SATrucker
05-27-2012, 07:13 AM
I play a lot of games in the past 10 years. Mostly racing and simulators.

Of all the games I played so far, the AI of this game is fantastic compared to let's say Need 4 Speed. Even NFS Word (Since the start upto March 2012 many accounts), the traffic AI is very low compared to this game.

They give way early on if you swerve in their path (lanes). Even the cops give way and the trucks do a very good job not to hit you.

The only thing you have to learn:
At all places where lanes are multiplied or minus (1 more/1 less), at intersections and exits/entries. All traffic (according to the GPS) drive in the 1st two (from the left) lanes.

You can move b4 the time to the correct place or lanes on the road.

No deal. This game is really good with their AI.

USA Trucker
05-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Actually the game needs some serious fixing with regards to the AI. Even if you're hit from behind you are the one at fault. Trucks, cars, and cops cut you off with no notice. Some appear out of nowhere, etc. The higher you set the traffic setting, the more likely it will happen. This definitely needs adjusting, but we'll never see it, as the game has been abandoned now. ;)