PDA

View Full Version : 1C Company, I just love you!

Leith
07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Hello guys,

Well, you have really done a pretty good job with Star wolves 3. I am enjoying almost everything about it so far. I was not expecting this to be a free-of-bugs game since, frankly, you messed up with star wolves 2, which was so buggy I couldn't play it.

Now since you're planning for an expansion, please include the trading element in the game. Notice that the mothership is often described as a trading vessel yet trading has very little to do with this game. You could for example have certain trading stations offer certain items, like fighters or weaponary, for a standard price but then have one or two stations, preferrably in far away systems, sell the same stuff much cheaper. This way one could make a profit but it takes time and effort to do that.

Please notice that what makes Star wolves shine is the brilliant mix between several elements, mainly strategy and role-playing. For this game to be even better, why not enable the players to meet other characters, like Greyhair, earlier ? I really enjoy making choices about who leads the team in a fight, who pilots which spacecraft, what guns and equipment each pilot should have, etc.

I thank you wholeheartedly for a series of games which really dwarf other video games' companies, European and American alike.

Yours Faithfully,
Leith

Rastix
07-27-2010, 06:21 PM
SW is tactical squad-based strategy with rpg elements, for now it's not a 4X game

Aleksandar
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
SW is tactical squad-based strategy with rpg elements, for now it's not a 4X game
4X games have no trading. For the most part they stay true to their eXplore, eXploit, eXpand, eXterminate flow.

Having variable prices is a norm for RPG games, since it allows for one to be a Merchant (makes money out of selling/buying) and a Trader (makes runs to get X at best price) which both deepen the gameplay. Think Freelancer here.

Rastix
08-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe my English is so bad ......

For NOW SW is strategy, Tactical Strategy with some rpg Elements