PDA

View Full Version : SW3 Starforce Protection

laika
07-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi, I bought SW3 and its great. Nothing wrong with that. But good lord why do you have this awfull protection that you can only install this game 3 times when you change hardware in your comp. It realy drives me mad and i realy want to buy also SW2 but when this game has the same protection i don,t buy it.
Now battlefront has the same protection for the games they have but at least the have a unlicence system so when you want to change hardware you can unlicence the game for that comp. This means you can install the game as mutch you want even when you format or change hardware.

So plz can some1 tell if SW2 has the same protection? I don,t want to buy from steam. And i also don,t know if a retail version has the same crap protection system.

Greetz

Namsum
08-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Star Wolves 2 is one huge Bug... You will never see the "The End" screen...

Don't buy it.

Anyway... Steam Games should be bind to the account - as long you dont loose the Account you should be able to install the game.

I bought it from Impulse (Stardock) and installed it on more than 3 PC's (Laptop/old Desktop/new Desktop/HTPC) - so i dont see a Problem...

am i wrong?

laika
08-22-2010, 01:44 PM
@Namsum. Thats correct as long as you buy from Steam or Impulse you dont have any issues with the copy protections for all games.
But i bought SW3 with the 1C online store. Also when you buy the retail you have to deal with this awfull copy protection. As told before i just don,t want use steam or impulse. Most of the time i buy retail or digital online stores when a reatail copy isn,t possible because my country don,t sell retails for some games like SW3.