PDA

View Full Version : M72 LAW Questions

UselessHeathen
07-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm interested in adding the M72 LAW of Vietnam War (And Chuck Norris movie) fame, by basically cloning the stats of the RPG-18, lowering its effectiveness slightly, and making it cheaper and lower-CGL than the RPG-18.
So some questions:
What 3D editor would I need to get to be compatible with 7.62?
Is this a ridiculously ambitious project?

Also, on an unrelated note, why does everyone in the 7.62 universe disregard the built-in foregrips on the Steyr AUG series weapons? Seems like it'd be easy to fix, BSM has foregrip anims. It would also apply to the 1928 Thompson, which has the same strange flaw.

R@S
07-26-2010, 06:32 AM
What 3D editor would I need to get to be compatible with 7.62?The only 3d prog that has an exporter is 3D Studio Max 5.
Is this a ridiculously ambitious project?It depends on how good you are at 3d modeling;)
But if you only gonna use it yourself, Id recommend grabbing it from HLA and importing it to your game files, It'd save you a lot of time.

Also, on an unrelated note, why does everyone in the 7.62 universe disregard the built-in foregrips on the Steyr AUG series weapons? Seems like it'd be easy to fix, BSM has foregrip anims. It would also apply to the 1928 Thompson, which has the same strange flaw.It's too tedious to mess around with the *.act.inf files to get the coordinates right, and since I'm no fan of he Steyr AUG series I've never even used them. But if it annoys you, fix it, there's some instructions on how to do it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15479)

UselessHeathen
08-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Mucho Mucho Gracias. I didn't know what HLA had but that seems so much easier than 3d modelling.