PDA

View Full Version : Defensive missions and objectives?

functional
07-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey guys. I don't have any idea how to succeed in such missions and objectives where you have to defend. I'm not sure why.

Good example is the Soviet mission, The Last Stand. How can I succeed here?

My AT guns get destroyed in seconds because they miss the tanks and tanks hit them. My infantry will get killed completely by their tanks and soon their infantry is swarming all over the trenches, killing even the last AT guns I may have, if any.

And yes, I know, the mission is not to hold the whole attack with first line, but it gets destroyed already at 2 ships left. And I even try to buy heavy squad, but it's useless. The AT rifles are useless vs their tanks, they can't even stop the tracks to be honest.

They just get too soon to second line and I have layed zero mines there.

This also applies to second mission of Soviet Campaign, my friend did it for me.

Also, it may just be, that it's because I don't give the infantry any extra ammo. Do they just run out quick out of ammo and so the defenses get breached by infantry that killed my men, instead of their tanks?

Some tips would be really appreciated :]

KnightFandragon
07-26-2010, 08:03 PM
The Last Stand is a genuine beyotch, you just throw men into the trenches and hold the first line until you get atleast 4 or 6 ships out then fall back to the 2nd line, buy some T34s and be careful with them. Dont buy the Heavy Squads, buy the cheapies b/c you need men to keep the enemy back. Also all over the place in little green crates in the trenches and slightly larger crates around the trenches are ammo, Molotovs, nades....load up on Molotovs, tanks seems to eventually charge your trench and a Molotov will do them in quite nicely. To keep your AT guns out of the artillery there is a tree and some small bushes just to the right of the road where you have that squad of men and the truck...stick your Zis3 76mm (if you even get one) in the trees but make sure it has some good sight lines and change its arc as you need to. As for the 45mm's move them behind the trenches but out of the treeline. They get hammered by Arty and they are to far back to be of any use. Also try to set them up so that they shoot the flanks of the tanks. The Germans follow basically the same path so its predictable and you can somewhat set up a side shot for your guns. On the right flank, dont stick anyone in that open semi open little field right behind the trench, it gets hammered by arty and the Stukas. This mission is prolly the hardest, 2nd only to maybe Arsenal and the Operation Crusader Mission or Moscow. It took me a few tries as well, just keep playing it, trying different things until it works.

As for the Train mission, your saving grace was the T34, dont lose it. Save often. Capture enemy tanks when the opportunity arises. Also in the Defensive missions during the breaks run up and try to capture the German tanks MG34 and ammo if the tank is out. If the Both tracks are good roll a few guys up and take the Tanks then repair them. They make life a little easeir.

kane1
07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
KnightFandragon has given some great advice. I'd add one more thing, use slowmotion.

expoke
08-09-2010, 08:02 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=3034&stc=1&d=1281340894

Just fire right here 2* with AT unit and the turret is destroyed