PDA

View Full Version : BSM Global AI Testing

R@S
07-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Hello everyone.

The new capturing city system is now ready for testing and it needs an extensive play through by as many players as possible. What this means is that I need some volunteers to help me try this new system by traveling around capturing the cities and the play around with the different settings.

How does it work?

I've added sector heads to all maps, some will be available from the start, others will appear once the guards in place has been killed. When a city is neutral, the dialog option "This town is mine" will appear at the local Mayor, and once this is selected the city will turn blue(Player color).

Now comes the sweet part:) I've also added a Field Radio from which the player can call any captured city and set it up remotely. You can increase guards, send them places and anything else you could do by talking to them in person. You can also check the economy of the city through the radio, but I haven't added a summary page yet, but I plan to add one ASAP.

The Reloaded maps has been added, 3 of them belongs to the Palinero faction, 3 will be part of some new missions yet to be done and 4 has been added to the Random encounter map list. Anyone who's willing to help testing will get the link to the maps, no worries.

You can PM me, post your interest here or chat with us at http://chat.mibbit.com/
Just choose a Nick and add #bsm in the channel field.

Laterz

R@S

MoreDread
07-25-2010, 09:59 PM
i did a quick test and captured radio hill (as you know)
and after that i recruited some militiamen and send a squad of 10 to invade campecino...

i went there myself and wawited for them to arrive.. twas a fun battle and now i own campecino as well...

the weird thing tho was that when i spoke to the mayor i already owned it.. so there was no 'i own this place' dialogue.. and i wasn't able to call campecino with the field radio...

i was able to recruit men and send them to attack another city by talking to him directly
but once they were defeated the dialogue didn't reappear.. is there a cooldown time invovled?

i'll post more on tuesday when i have my free day.

until then, keep up the great work!

R@S
07-26-2010, 06:22 AM
the weird thing tho was that when i spoke to the mayor i already owned it.. so there was no 'i own this place' dialogue.. and i wasn't able to call campecino with the field radio...That's weird, the code makes sure you're the owner of the city and then you'll get the option to call the city, did you check all 4 pages? I'll do dome more testing today before I start on the other missions.

i was able to recruit men and send them to attack another city by talking to him directly
but once they were defeated the dialogue didn't reappear.. is there a cooldown time invovled?There are some BuildPoints involved but I haven't figured out how they work yet. From what I can gather, most of it is controlled by your finances, but there's also a monthly factor for some of the points. I started on the economy page yesterday and found some variables to calculate and print the city's different values, I might find something while working on that.

As I said yesterday, 3 of the new maps now have missions, they're simple capture missions but I'll start on the other 3 maps soon and they'll be more complex. Your idea of some stealth missions will mos def be considered, I was thinking of some assassination, stealing and maybe even a sabotage missions. But we'll brainstorm about it over the chat next time we meet there.

Ever since I added the Reloaded maps I've started getting some weird entries in the log about "transparancy" thingies. I'm not sure they can be fixed, but I'd like to know where they come from and if they might cause a CTD for anyone.

R@S
07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
A new version is avaiable here (http://www.mediafire.com/?eb2db20e7qx023g).

I've done a lot more testing today and discovered a few new things. Some good, others bad. An old bug from vanilla where the militia you hire follows you to a new sector has bbecome more frequent. It doesn't affect the game tht much but I'll tr to fix.

The whole economics of it is still a big mystery, but I've started printing the different variables in the dialogs to figure out what does what. With a little more testing I should have it all figured out.

In one of my testing sessions I had 200 militias in one sector and 160 in another. How this happened is unknown, but I think I raised the funding for my army too much. Since the cost of the militia is dependant on the player reputation in a city, the global values I've used so far needs to be changed accordingly, in the radion dialog screen that is.

Have fun and let me know how it works.

R@S
07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
3 more missions are done and ready for testing, I now only have 1 new Reloaded map to make a new mission for. I do have the 4 random maps as well but will keep those in reserve if I get any new ideas.

I also discovered that whenever you capture a city the CGL will jump to level 8 if your level is lower than that. Even if you're at CGL 1 it'll jump to 8. Since there are limits on some levels, like 7, 9, 15 and 16, I'll use this to my advantage.

There are now 4 new Palinero maps, 5 if you count Cali-Cantinos. The campaign missions will be to totally whipe out that faction, and by doing so you'll end up at CGL 9 when capturing the last city, Cali-Cantinos. I might change that after some more testing has been done, maybe end up at 12 or 13. If I do then some of the other capture missions will automatically increase the CGL to balance it out just like in the vanilla campaigns. But more testing is needed.

I'll upload the latest test version later, I have some other "vacationy" things to do and I only have 5 days left to do them.