PDA

View Full Version : Cannot read disc

Saav
07-24-2010, 10:20 AM
I uninstalled Men of War recently, and now I am trying to install it again. I have it on a disc, not on Steam. Thing is, my laptop won´t read the disc, it just keeps doing a whirr/clunk/whirr/clunk sound all the time.

I have tested other discs from other games and they all work the way they are supposed to, it is just this one that does not work.

What can I do?

I think I bought the game this year so I still should be able to have the store give me another disc. If that fails, I wish I could download it through Steam by sending them my CD-key or something, but I suppose that would not be acceptable.

[SOE]No.Mam
07-25-2010, 10:35 AM
when you want play only Multiplayer from MoW you can download/install the free copy from MoW.

this Men of War game client (free of charge) include 1.17.5 patch + languagepack + hotfix.
http://www.gamershell.com/download_58730.shtml

note: this MoW version works only with a legal bought CD-Key.

have you test your CD/DVD on other pc's? sometimes other pc's can read your "damaged" CD/DVD.
ask a friend making a copy (for installation) from your original game CD/DVD.

Saav
07-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I did not test it in another PC, but anyway, I managed to make it work.

Apparently, the disc COULD be read, it just took forever and ever and ever, and made strange noises. I don´t know why, but it seems the Men of War disc makes things tough for my disc reader (just not impossible).

Still, thanks for the free client thing. I did not know it existed, but now I do I don´t think I´ll ever have another problem with my disc.

Now, if only all games had that kind of contingency plan in place...