PDA

View Full Version : SW3 - Surviving X244 (Spoilers)

Razz
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I have big problems with battling berserkers in X244 system (hope that number is correct, it is two systems away from precursor portal system). system has huge map, few random encounters with berserker squad and portal guarded with super chimera and lot (40+) fighters. I ussually manage to destroy super chimera and about half of fighters when animation begin and two other superchimeras with about 20+ fighters arrives.
After animation battle gets extremely tough, new fighters propably get free shot on my fighters when they appears so lots of my ships are heavily damaged and in short time destroyed.
I have 5 pilots, all but Validol in gen 4 ships, all ships have best missile defence, best laser defence and experimental shields. Weapons vary, but not best, mostly 3th gen.

Do you have any good tactics to win this battle ?

Marodeur
07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
How about hiring some tough mercenaries?

kelmen
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
there's a proximity from the west portal, if any of your unit cross it, it will trigger the warped in berserks.

i not really sure, probably is 1 box (from map) around the portal.
control your fighters.

i managed to fight them in separate waves.
i used ships with at least 3 sys, 1 antilaser, 1 shield, 1 repair, same as mf
if you got extra sys slot put in antimissle
i think laser weapon like rage is best to finish them off, unless you have special perk over specific weapon perk.

always use your mf as tank/main decoy/target, your fighters won't survive much of the enemies laser+missles barrages.
my mf is using Sys FW3

I pull all of them over back of mf, when one shield is almost gone/50%, also when to prevent triggerring the 2nd wave.