PDA

View Full Version : Number of Spells in Spellbook

onemeg
07-19-2010, 12:40 AM
How do I increase the number of spells that my spellbook will hold? Right now I am level 5, and I have 4 scribed of each discipline. I recently came across Bless and Phantom, but it won't let me buy the scrolls saying there is no room. I went and sold off most of my scrolls thinking it would make room for them, but it still won't let me buy them.

Edit: I did some searching and see people saying that the spellbook holds unlimited spells and I don't understand this. I thought I kept seeing a tip saying to be careful because it's limited...Also again I sold off most of my scrolls but still cannot purchase. Any help would be appreciated :)

clinek
07-19-2010, 02:50 AM
when you open up your spellbook it will tell you how many scrolls you can carry. It should have a number, then a back slash, then another number ex: 23/26. In this case, you must have less than 26 scrolls in your spellbook or you will not be able to buy any scrolls. You can still hold more if you find them on the ground, you just cant purchase them.

onemeg
07-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Hmmm I sold off a bunch of them already. I'll check what the number says, thanks for the info.

clinek
07-19-2010, 08:33 PM
im sure you did, but you can never really hold a lot of them

DrAtomic1
09-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Took me a while to understand the system as well, basicly it is as follows:

1. Hover with your mouse over the spell button and it will say 28/7 or something. This number means that you have a total of 28 scrolls out of a maximum of 7 in your spellbook. This means you cant buy new scrolls. Yet you can still pick up scrolls you find which will push the number further.

2. The number of scrolls are the actual number of scrolls, i.e. if you have 10 flaming arrows and 1 haste the total scrolls in your spellbook is 11.

3. So you really want to buy this particular scroll but cant because you are at or over maximum? Go to a castle, open your spellbook and right click the scrolls you wish to sell (army like slider will popup).

4. Whats the deal with spells? You can perma learn the spells from the scrolls as spells. These will not count towards your scroll total (scrolls with that spell will still count normally). So the trick is to get enough crystals and learn all the scrolls you find as spells and sell all redundant scrolls (i only keep high mana cost scrolls with me).