PDA

View Full Version : modding tool

general solomon
07-18-2010, 07:25 AM
will there be any modding tools for this game. also how extensive is the damage physics? axles, tires, engine .

Off-roader
09-24-2010, 01:29 AM
will there be any modding tools for this game. also how extensive is the damage physics? axles, tires, engine .

What kind of modding do you mean?

dozer
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM

WOW:confused:...

The only official person to be replying to this forum and he does not even know what modding is......

hahahahahahahahaha... This game is going to fail :rolleyes:

Off-roader
10-05-2010, 01:59 AM
WOW:confused:...

The only official person to be replying to this forum and he does not even know what modding is......

hahahahahahahahaha... This game is going to fail :rolleyes:

dozer, laughter is misplaced.
do not make hasty conclusions about my competence, english is not my native language. So I could interpreted this term wrong, and I need to know the exact meaning.

dozer
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
i supose you are right but you are still asking what modding means?

In your language {изменить}

It has been made quite clear in a few threads that people want the ability to.

1. Create there own 4x4 models and be able to place them in the game like many other PC car games.
2. Create maps through a map editor.

To be more spacific, allow users of the game to add non profit inclusions to the game and help it grow over time by keeping it fresh.

Carter
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
i think he means he would like to mod the game to suit it and change it how he feels.. like add his of models of trucks and that like on Gta?

bDAWg
10-12-2010, 11:19 PM
this game looks like it could be WAY BETTER than the Codemasters DiRT series...I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure...good luck with this

robaroo
10-18-2010, 02:57 AM

Hi,

I think what that guys trying to say is will you guys be making a modification tool so that people that purchase the game can download the modification program and make there own vehicles and accessories for there 4WD.

Off-roader
10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks, I got you guys!

We work with modified version of Unreal Editor
and we plan to put Editor in the game before release.

badjer777
10-31-2010, 06:20 AM
and we plan to put Editor in the game before release

I am very pleased to hear that.:)

bboywampa
11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
as am I :)

general solomon
12-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks, I got you guys!

this is great news. I think the editor will make this game because the player now have the option to create tracks.

does the editor allow for vehicle changes to make realistic damage.

again, the editor will make this game last for a long time and more people will play it on the PC.

SomKilla
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
i bought the game off steam and I'm not sure where the editor is? Anyone find out how to get it working?
There is Editor\release\UnrealEdCSharp.dll but that all that is in the folder

SuzukiSamurai
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
i bought the game off steam and I'm not sure where the editor is? Anyone find out how to get it working?

Yeah, I was asking myself too.. o.O

ShawnK116
10-03-2011, 10:59 PM
i wasn't gonna be the guy to bring it up...
BUT since it has been brought up why isn't the editor here in the released copy of the game as we were told it would be?! yes the .dll and some other folder but no actual editor....?
are we missing some dev console in game that opens the editor or we need some other program that didn't come with the game that we have to get ourselves? i would like to know as i am sure many others would.

luke528
10-03-2011, 11:34 PM

yeah an editor would be awesome!

SomKilla
10-04-2011, 12:11 AM
i wasn't gonna be the guy to bring it up...
BUT since it has been brought up why isn't the editor here in the released copy of the game as we were told it would be?! yes the .dll and some other folder but no actual editor....?
are we missing some dev console in game that opens the editor or we need some other program that didn't come with the game that we have to get ourselves? i would like to know as i am sure many others would.

I was looking though the files and the Tilda key is the console key but i cant figure out how to get it to work.

ShawnK116
10-04-2011, 01:17 AM
do it like you would half life and stuff go to the library then right click on off road drive then launch option and put the tilde key console

SuzukiSamurai
10-04-2011, 06:16 AM
do it like you would half life and stuff go to the library then right click on off road drive then launch option and put the tilde key console

Does the editor works then? And if it would work, someone that can bring up a tutorial?

ShawnK116
10-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Does the editor works then? And if it would work, someone that can bring up a tutorial?

really haven't given it much a look over. i know of the .dll but whether or not it can be used to open the editor idk..
and with the ~ key for console that was just for launching the game with ability to open console in game. so idk what you can do in the console or if it works to open it at all.

Omal
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks, I got you guys!

What has been modified with the unreal editor? This game would be so much better with a few tweaks.