PDA

View Full Version : Help out a new player!

Xerxes017
07-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Hello everyone.

Finally picked this game up about a week ago and have been having a great time playing it online. However I do have a few questions to ask as there does not seem to be much in the way of player guides on how to improve your game. So if you don't mine i ahve a few questions :)

1. Do standard units like rifles or SMG troops have different performance on each side? When playing UK I had a team mate remark that UK rifles are better than others.

2. Are there units which serve no pupose at all in multiplayer? I've found that the ZiS-30 SPG is always crap and the Su-85 does not seem to live up to it's AT reputation.

3. Any small things that make a big difference for a player? :)

Edit:

4. How do I make it so I can see cryllic script ingame? I know a little rooski and it's a bit annoying to see only gibberish :)

Korsakov829
07-17-2010, 10:31 AM
1. Different guns have differant values. A MP-40 shoots more accurate, while a PPSh fires faster, has a bigger clip, but is less accurate. Kar98 and Mosin Nagant are just about the same.

2. Every single unit has a purpose, you just need to use it right.

3. That little hand grenade in your inventory might save you some bullets.

4. No idea, I can read and speak Russian but I can't see cyrillic. If you bought a Russian version of the game you should be able to see it.

Xerxes017
07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Are the elite infantry units worth it usually? I've found that they are usually only a run in with a mortar or a tank away from getting wiped out. Unless you're the germans with those Panzerfaust-100's.

Korsakov829
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes, they are worth it. When taking a flag in Battlezones, Frontline, or Victory flag the time to take the flag is decreased, so you can take it faster with assault units, marines, rangers, etc. They come with a variety of weapons, some ammo, TNT here and there.

They are expensive, so use them wisely.

Parkaboy
07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I've got to disagree that every unit has a purpose or at least can't be done by something else cheaper or better.

I can see cyrillic font, but it came with MoW AS beta.

I'm not 100% behind elite squads in MoW, but that maybe because I've been playing Assault squad and they a far better. I seldom take them in nilla, but just love them in AS.

It's quite hard to do in practice, but try to keep an eye on your weapon ranges for there best use and make use of sandbags nades ect.

Xerxes017
07-23-2010, 06:19 AM
In frontline I can't workout how reinforcements work for the defenders. You get points for when you retreat to the next line correct? Does this automatically turn over the points to the attackers? What need to happen before I can retreat? As far as I can tell it is best to retreat soon as possible so you can properly setup 2nd line of defence.

Benzo0117
08-17-2010, 10:02 PM
in frontlines the attackers get a relatively large cash injection around every 3-5 minutes (im not quite sure exactly how long) and these are the only times they get extra money. when defending you get the starting money to buy troops to defend your first three flags, but you only get a set amount. you gain money when you fall back to the next main flag position. if your frontline is holding well for the time being then you can always fall back to start setting up defences on your second line such as tank traps and mines which take a while to place and so do not tend to be used later in the game and this could be a large advantage. however when doing this you must be careful you dont spend all of your money otherwise you may wish you hadnt later on.

ohh and if you do retreat then i dont think that the point is handed over to the attackers