PDA

View Full Version : Steam Version Of TOW

Feros1
07-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Hello, I have the Steam version of TOW, can I patch it with the latest 1.10 patch? Thank you for any feedback.

Sneaksie
07-11-2010, 03:45 PM
It should be already patched to latest version. What is the version number shown in the bottom right corner in main menu?

Feros1
07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
It reads- 1.2.0.42. Well I found the editor in a folder in the Steam folders but when you click on it it says not available with this version of the game. Now why release the game without the latest patch? I really hope they come out with a fix for this. The Uber patch is 1.10.##

Hossinfeffa
07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, my game version is 1.2.0.42 as well. It's up to date with Steam, but it's not the latest patch that has been released to others.

Sneaksie
07-12-2010, 11:11 AM
We're working on it, the latest patch will be send to Steam ASAP.

Hossinfeffa
07-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Ah, thank you. Looking forward to playing it with it all updated!

Feros1
07-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks Sneaksie, really looking forward to it! Awesome game.

Destraex
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
so I have the full set from steam aswell. Will I have to restart the campaign with the patch?
Does the patch include frame rate updates?

Sneaksie
11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
The patch is already available on Steam for a long time, so if you have these games on Steam, they are up-to-date. Your ToW Steam version should display version number 1.10.0.81 in main menu. What do you mean by frame rate updates?

Destraex
11-03-2010, 02:03 AM
I was hoping that we could get some performace improvements at some point. It still seems
that a lot of people even with the most powerfull machines are having slowdown issues.

This is feedback from other wargaming forums i am on.

Thus my question, does the engine use more than one core?

nuNce
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
So, I bought the game and I already regret having done so. First, the performance issues: the game runs unbelievably slow. I don't have an high end rig, but what the game offers doesn't justify the low fps I'm getting.
Apart from that the interface is clunky and inadequate. Just the fact that you're not able to form squads is a big design overlook that makes the game so stressful to play (yes, you can form sort of squads by pressing shift+number, but you don't get a general view of your forces, except of the total count, which is totally useless. Tank battles are far from exciting, and it's pretty hard to figure out if a tank is actually firing or not, since you don't even get a useful tracer of the shot. Let's not talk about infantry combat, which is a total mess.

I really used to love 1c, in first place for Il-2 Sturmovik, which gave me years of fun. But I see that lately they totally abandon games they release, support vanishes, and they don't even seem to care to what they customers would like to see implemented in their games.

Speaking of which, I still can't believe that Men of War doesn't have an AI Skirmish mode, a real skirmish mode, not the boring cannon fodder thing you develeped for MoW:AS. Instead of giving us a useless expansion like Red Tide you could have developed the whole thing.

Sorry 1c, but you've lost an(other) affetionate customer.

Sneaksie
11-16-2010, 07:54 AM
If you don't list your system specs i don't see a way to help you with your performance issues. ToW series are demanding games, but ToW1 should run on a modern PC without any performance problems since it was released in 2007.
Considering your other complaints, i can only say that ToW games are not MoW games by any means and they focus on realism, not gameplay. MoW offers tactical action and ToW is a wargame that is not necessary fun, exciting or easy to master, but offers features unique on the market to this day. BTW, you can select entire squad in ToW by double-clicking on any soldier.
MoW: AS is meant to be an ultimate multiplayer game for MoW fans, but it will have skirmish vs AI as well. What do you mean by 'real skirmish mode'?

nuNce
11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
So, my system specs:

Athlon II X2 240 @ 3,4Ghz
Ati HD4670 512Mb
3Gb Ram
Windows 7

Anyway, I'm not comparing MoW to Tow, I'm just pointing out how not supporting a game in the right way ruined both of these games, IMHO.
Talking about ToW I perfectly understand what's the scope of the game, but this doesn't help with it being chaotic. Squads are not easily accessible, if you can't see the squad. A squad menu as in MoW would have been much helpful (still not comparing the games, just to explain what I mean). There are lots of little things that sum up and make the interface clunky: for example, another one is the hold position command. You don't have the ability to give a "move and then halt" order.

The "real AI skirmish" is the ability to play multiplayer like games (you have points to spend, and you buy units) against the AI, which is a MUST HAVE for any RTS/RTT, since you can practice offline and test tactics, units or new factions. Not having this feature killed for good MoW.