PDA

View Full Version : Theatre of War comes to Steam!

Sneaksie
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
First game in the series now is conveniently available on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/46290/).

It's already patched to latest version and contains all the campaigns released officially (including Panzer Lehr and Liberation of Belorussia).

The first game used an OpenGL-based engine and, since modern video card drivers sometimes lack full OGL support, it's better to try the demo before purchase to make sure it works OK on your PC. You can get the demo here (http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=169&id=10841), for example.

Feros1
07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Hello, I bought the steam version of TOW and would like to know if I can install the Uber patch for this version? Thanks.

Hakenaton
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I purchased Theatre of War on Steam and when I start it all I have is a black screen then it closes and back to desktop. I get no error or anything. I checked the support on 1C but it is for Vista, not for Win7. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

This is a bit frustrating because I am down for $9.99 and would like to purchase Theater of War 2, Reign Conflict of Nations and the truck Sim one. I just don't want to do it to find out it doesn't work.

Thank you again.

Feros1
07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Heloo Hakenaton, I had similiar problem at first. Make sure in compatability mode you set it at Windows XP SP2 and make sure you have admin checked. I have Win 7 64 Bit. Let me know if it worked. The newest patch should be available soon too, that could fix it also.

Hakenaton
07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
How would you do that with steam? I created an icon on the desktop and there isn't any option for compatibility. Thanks for replying Feros, anyhow.

Feros1
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey Hakenaton, I had same problem, you have to go into your steam folder- usually the x86 Program Files, go to steam apps, comon folder, and go into the Theatre of War folder, there you should see the exe- right click on it, make changes, and make sure you save it. Let me know if it worked. Good luck. Patch should be out soon for the steam version I hope.