PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Turorial 101

R@S
07-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Since the weapon limit has been increased and some people might start making their own clones, here's a quick tutorial.

I use the AKM as a base since it uses the 7.62x39 caliber and it's model looks, at least to my novice eyes, like most clones. But one can use any other weapon as a base if it has the model you wanna use. If you wanna change the caliber, which means other types of clips, one might need to alter the coordinates of weapon attachments. Since I find that the most boring, and sometimes frustrating part, I recommend finding a model with the same caliber. The same goes for other attachments and the file that controls where the attachments are located on the 3d model is the *.ACT.INF in the 7.62\\Actors\Items folder.

Most of the weapons in the game has two names, one that the game engine uses and another the player sees in the shops, the former is it's ITEM name and is used in all the files, the latter is it's RealName which is the name shown in shops. The only file that contains the RealName in the ITEMINFO file, all other files use the ITEM name, including the ShopINI files. The reason for this is that the engine needs to differentiate between a folded/unfolded weapon and still be able to chow the same name in the shops.

The ITEM name in this example is "AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)", you can change this to something else as long as there isn't any others having it already. You could even just call it "1" if you'd like, as long as you call it that in all the files.

\7.62\INI\Economy.ini
The last number here is the global price, you set the real price in the ShopINI files.

Item "AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)" 1350.0

\7.62\INI\Items\FLASHPARAM.INI
The numbers are the coordinates for the muzzle flash

"AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)"

\7.62\INI\Items\ITEMBONES.INI
Here's the file for the possible attachments, but you also need to change the ATT entries in the WEAPONINFO file if you do any changes.

ITEM "AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)"
BONES "LASER""FLASH""TL""LAUNCHER""BIPOD""BAYONET"

\7.62\INI\Items\ITEMINFO
Here you have the RealName, or the shop name if you like. You can give many weapons the same RealName, it's just the display name for the shops. Keep in mind that the description has a limit, if you write too much here it'll result in a CTD.

RealName "AK-47 Clone"
Add the description of your new weapon here. Avoid using letters the engine might confuse with other things.
END

\7.62\INI\Items\ITEMLEVELS.INI
The first number after the ITEM name is the global CGL, the second is the percentage chance the weapon will appear in the shops.

"AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)"7 50

\7.62\INI\Items\ITEMSROTATION
This controls how the 3d model will appear in the weapon description window.

"AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)"
Y -90
Z 0

\7.62\INI\Items\WEAPONINFO
Here you have all the weapon characteristics. Most are selfexplanatory and if you are unsure, just ask about it and I'll explain further.

If you wanna edit some of the models, like make the textures darker or something, the ACTOR entry points at the ACT file which in turn points at the actual texture of the model. Just grab the ACT file, rename it. Then open it op and see what texture files it uses, find those an edit them. To avoid changing the original weapon textures as well, rename the textures and the edit the ACT file accordingly.

Class Rifle
Caliber "7.62x39 mm"
Weight 2930
PrepareTime 0.43
SingleFireTime 0.8
BurstFireTime 0.1
SpeedModifier 1.08
Resource 2900
DirtResource 400000
MisfireProb 0.005
HeatCapacity 70
Single 1
Burst 1
CutOff 0
BurstHitStart 1
MaxRange 250
EffectiveRange 150
RangeCurvature 1
Balance 0.59
ClipInSound "Weapon\ClipIn\clip_in.wav"
ClipOutSound "Weapon\ClipOut\clip_out.wav"
ReLockSound "Weapon\ReLock\strifle_slide(AKM).wav"
ShootSound "Weapon\Shoot\AKM.wav"
ATT Laser 1 "Rifle Laser"
ATT Light 1 "Rifle Light"
ATT Scope 0
ATT Bipod 1 "AssaultBipod" blocks ILauncher and Bayonet
ATT Silencer 1 "PBS - 7,62x39" blocks ILauncher and Bayonet
ATT ILauncher 1 "GP-30" blocks Bipod and Bayonet and Silencer
ATT Bayonet 1 "StdBayonet" blocks Bipod and ILauncher and Silencer
ATT Magazine 2 "AK 7.62""RPK"
StdPlug "Rifle ammo clip (AK 7.62/30)"
ACTOR "Items\akm.act"
IMAGE "akm.e5b"
HANDS ahtRifle

\7.62\ShopINI\*.ini
Then add it to the various shops.

Item "AK-47 Clone (7.62x39mm)"
Level 7
Price 1350

For more advanced weapon editing, post your queries and I'll try to explain it more thoroughly.

Chortles
07-09-2010, 06:00 AM
As a quick question, how would I remove weapons from being usable/appearing in the game, without deleting their files? Or rather, which files must I remove their entries from for the game to remain stable? (That is, to avoid CTDs due to removing the weapon incompletely.)

R@S
07-09-2010, 07:05 AM
The easiest way to remove a weapon from the game without having to alter the ini files AND the enemy inventory files that might carry this weapon would be to remove them from the ShopINI files. that would remove the possibility for the player to buy them, but still be able to find them on fallen enemies.

Just do a "search in files" in the ShopINI folder and you'll get a list of the files/shops that sells the weapon and deleter the entry. If you wanna remove it from the enemy inventories as well, do a similar search in the InventoryINUI folder, but I recommend that you use the editor to remove the weapons. If you do it by editing the files manually there might be an issue later since the possible attachments might not be directly below in those files.

If you have the 3d models of a gun, both folded and unfolded, you have to creat 2 versions of the weapon in all the files I showed above. With the HK416 I am missing the folded 3d model for it, if I had it I would simply add a pointer in the WEAPONINFO file that said which new weapon the folding of a stock would use.

ITEM "HK416"
Class Rifle
Caliber "5.56x45 mm"
Weight 3392
PrepareTime 0.32
SingleFireTime 0.58
BurstFireTime 0.07
SpeedModifier 1.01
Resource 2000
DirtResource 220000
MisfireProb 0.004
HeatCapacity 50
Single 1
Burst 1
CutOff 3
BurstHitStart 1
MaxRange 300
EffectiveRange 148
RangeCurvature 5.1
Balance 0.51
Unfold "HK416 folded"
ClipInSound "Reload\clip_in.wav"
ClipOutSound "Reload\clip_out.wav"
ReLockSound "Reload\strifle_slide.wav"
ShootSound "Weapon\shoot\HK416.WAV"
ATT Laser 1 "Rifle Laser"
ATT Light 1 "Rifle Light"
ATT Scope 1 "WR"
ATT Bipod 1 "SniperBipod" blocks ILauncher
ATT Silencer 1 "Supressor - 5,56"
ATT ILauncher 1 "M203PI" blocks Bipod
ATT Bayonet 0
ATT Magazine 3 "NATO 5.56""5.56 Double""M16 mag"
StdPlug "C-MAG (M16/100)"
ACTOR "items\hk416.act"
IMAGE "hk416_14.e5b"
HANDS ahtRifle

Then I would create the entires in the ini files for the new "HK416 folded". This means every time I fold the stock in the game, it changes the weapon to use the "HK416 folded" settings instead.

When it comes to how many squares the weapon uses in the inventories, that can be changed too. In the lower part of the WEAPONINFO file, in this example the IMAGE "hk416_14.e5b", you change that to say "2x4.e5b" or "2x5.e5b" depending on how big you want the weapon to be. If you want the M4 to use less space, change their IMAGE entires in the WEAPONINFO file to say "2x4.e5b" for the unfolded version and "2x3.e5b" for the folded one. Yes, it's that simple:)

Chortles
07-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Just do a "search in files" in the ShopINI folder and you'll get a list of the files/shops that sells the weapon and deleter the entry. If you wanna remove it from the enemy inventories as well, do a similar search in the InventoryINUI folder, but I recommend that you use the editor to remove the weapons. If you do it by editing the files manually there might be an issue later since the possible attachments might not be directly below in those files.Makes sense, thanks for confirming this, but what if I want to remove it "so" altogether that it wouldn't appear in the Editor either? For example, while the Personalized USP Tactical might have to stay for storyline/mission reasons, there's no other justification for it (statistically worse than the default USP Tactical, anyone?). At least the Bizon 2-03 had the integral suppressor with 3% better suppression going for it...

I understood the example for creating a new folding stock variant, thanks for confirming that...When it comes to how many squares the weapon uses in the inventories, that can be changed too. In the lower part of the WEAPONINFO file, in this example the IMAGE "hk416_14.e5b", you change that to say "2x4.e5b" or "2x54.e5b" depending on how big you want the weapon to be. If you want the M4 to use less space, change their IMAGE entires in the WEAPONINFO fale to say "2x4.e5b" for the unfolded version and "2x34.e5b" for the folded one. Yes, it's that simple:)... then why call it "hk416_14.e5b" in the first place?? The simplicity of changing its size is awesome. :) Though, don't you mean "2x5" or "2x3" instead of "2x54" and "2x34"?

By the way, what's the difference between the BSM-default WEAPONINFO and your WEAPONINFO_ALT? When I try to switch the two (i.e. by renaming) it causes the Editor to immediately CTD...

R@S
07-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Makes sense, thanks for confirming this, but what if I want to remove it "so" altogether that it wouldn't appear in the Editor either? For example, while the Personalized USP Tactical might have to stay for storyline/mission reasons, there's no other justification for it (statistically worse than the default USP Tactical, anyone?). At least the Bizon 2-03 had the integral suppressor with 3% better suppression going for it...To remove it from the editor you'd have to remove it's entires in all the files in the INI and INI\Items folder as well. With the Search in Files option you'll quickly find those files.

I forgot to mention, if you add a folded version of a weapon, you can then set their characteristics to fit the properties you think is fitting. Keep in mind that the engine also calculates the weight distribution of a weapon, so some changes might not do what you intend. But with a little testing you can trick the engine to do make it do what you want.

I understood the example for creating a new folding stock variant, thanks for confirming that...... then why call it "hk416_14.e5b" in the first place?? The simplicity of changing its size is awesome. :) Though, don't you mean "2x5" or "2x3" instead of "2x54" and "2x34"?Yeppers, and I've edited my post. My darn mouse has started acting up and double clicks for no reason, I need a new one asap:)

By the way, what's the difference between the BSM-default WEAPONINFO and your WEAPONINFO_ALT? When I try to switch the two (i.e. by renaming) it causes the Editor to immediately CTD...Try using the fixed WEAPONINFO_ALT from the latest Class System files, I've added the XM-18 that was missing from the BSM version of that file.

EDIT:
The reason some of the weapons has an IMAGE "hk416_14.e5b" entry instead of the "3x4.e5b" is to save resources. I also think it's a remnant from BE5 the devs dint bother removing. In 7.62 the picture in the shops is rendered from the 3d model and the image that is called in the "hk416_14.e5b" file is only used when the model is placed on the ground, never in the shops.

Chortles
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
By "search" I assume you mean using Windows search? That's a bit more workable for XP, but for some reason Windows 7 isn't very good at finding these entries, even though I indexed the game directory...

The "class system v5 beta" WEAPONINFO_ALT fixed my issue; when renamed to WEAPONINFO, it no longer causes an editor CTD. :) Should I be extracting the rest of those files (ADDONINFO, AMMOINFO, GRENADEINFO, and MINEINFO) for stability's sake though, considering that I'm running regular non-class BSM?

I vaguely remember seeing the XM-18's model and its ammo in regular/original BSM WEAPONINFO, so I'm actually not sure why you had a WEAPONINFO_ALT, as trying to glance through them didn't make me see any additional weapons, just different values for certain weapons' stats (i.e. Ready time, or Wear/Durability), much less what the "class system v5 beta" WEAPONINFO_ALT changed compared to them, besides correcting the CTD when used.

safoolfool
07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I asked in the other thread, but do you know how the hit probability curve is calculated? I think max range is the 0 point of the graph. I know effective range is not the 50% point, but I don't think it's fixed to any percent either (in my last post I mentioned editing a weapon to have 100 efective range and 150 or 300 max range. The first had 25% chance to hit at 100m, but the second had a slightly better chance). It also seems like the game looks at effective as a percent of max range, so having 100/150 gives better accuracy then using 100/300 (except at the very tail end).
Likewise, range curve seems to effect how much accuracy looks like a step function vs. linear. The thing about this is that it seems to me that it's effect is most pronounced on the "aimed" function, all of the "standard" graphs look pretty much the same (standard never seems to have an inflection point, some aimeds do, some don't).

Also, what seems to effect whether or not the aimed and standard graphs converge? I edited my merc to have 100 shooting, and for most weapons aimed is almost exactly the same as standard. For some weapons, like sniper rifles, the aimed never converges. Even with 100 shooting the aimed is way below the standard graph, and only a scope brings them up.
Is that because there's some switch for certain guns, or does shooting maybe effect how far out you can accurately shoot, limited by a gun's curve (so with 100 shooting I can shoot accurately out to 125m, say. This means for a pistol, which can only shoot out to 50m, I'm perfect. With an SBR thats ok out to 100m, I'm also near perfect. Then with a sniper rifle, which is accurate out to 300m, since I can only do 125m my aimed curve is nowhere near the standard curve).

Geralt
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
What is the meaning of the parameter "balance" on weapons? When I put silencer or laser it gone down.

R@S
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
By "search" I assume you mean using Windows search? That's a bit more workable for XP, but for some reason Windows 7 isn't very good at finding these entries, even though I indexed the game directory...I use Total Commander for that search function since it's possible to add a plugin that allows browsing inside AZP archives. You can find it here:
Total Commander (http://www.ghisler.com/)

The "class system v5 beta" WEAPONINFO_ALT fixed my issue; when renamed to WEAPONINFO, it no longer causes an editor CTD. :) Should I be extracting the rest of those files (ADDONINFO, AMMOINFO, GRENADEINFO, and MINEINFO) for stability's sake though, considering that I'm running regular non-class BSM?Yeah, you can add those files without problems, they are from the latest BSM fix and a few other fixes I made along the way.

I vaguely remember seeing the XM-18's model and its ammo in regular/original BSM WEAPONINFO, so I'm actually not sure why you had a WEAPONINFO_ALT, as trying to glance through them didn't make me see any additional weapons, just different values for certain weapons' stats (i.e. Ready time, or Wear/Durability), much less what the "class system v5 beta" WEAPONINFO_ALT changed compared to them, besides correcting the CTD when used.The biggest changes in the alternative WEAPONINFO is the weapon range, and that changes the game quite a bit.

safoolfool, as I mentioned somewhere else, I usually ignore the graphs and other info in the weapon description window. It only gives some approximate information and doesn't mean much when the bullets start flying. Maybe Quickdagger can help explain the ins- and outs of those settings, I*m too tired to do it right now.

safoolfool
07-10-2010, 12:40 AM
The biggest changes in the alternative WEAPONINFO is the weapon range, and that changes the game quite a bit.

safoolfool, as I mentioned somewhere else, I usually ignore the graphs and other info in the weapon description window. It only gives some approximate information and doesn't mean much when the bullets start flying. Maybe Quickdagger can help explain the ins- and outs of those settings, I*m too tired to do it right now.

R@S, don't worry about it, you do way too much for this game already :)

To expand on the alternative weapon info file's range changes, it looks to me that it makes pistols and shotguns shoot a bit further in general. SBRs and ARs shoot way further, but with more linear declines in accuracy. So in the closer ranges they'll be a bit less accurate, but they'll retain accuracy a lot further out (so before where an AR was a guaranteed hit at 50m, and did pretty well at 90, but couldn't do anything at 150 it'll now be pretty good at 50m, fine at 100m, and still do ok out to 250m).

I think the idea is to make ranges more like real life, instead of scaled to fit the maps. In vanilla 7.62 you preserve pistols<smgs<SBRs<ARs, but the ranges are 15m, 50m, 75m, and 100m, when in reality its something more like 30, 80, 150, 300 (or something, those are pulled out of my ass to be demonstrative of what's going on). Since engagement ranges never really get to more than 100m I don't plan to use the alt, since it would wreck the balance, in my eyes. You'd end up with three classes of guns that have the exact same ranges (SMGs, SBRs, and ARs would all be good till 80m, and 99% of fights happen at most at that range; the fact that in AR can still hit at 400m while an SMG can't becomes purely academic, no maps are half that big). If you like more simmy and less arcadey though, it's really cool and I'm glad the option is there.

Chortles
07-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Yeah, you can add those files without problems, they are from the latest BSM fix and a few other fixes I made along the way.Thanks, I'm using them now. My Total Commander reply is in the BSM thread.The biggest changes in the alternative WEAPONINFO is the weapon range, and that changes the game quite a bit.To add to what safoolfool said, I saw from a glance at "HK416 10Inch w Frontgrip" and "AW Covert" plus a pistol or two, that mainly you've increased the effective and maximum ranges while lowering the range curvature for straighter, longer-distance ("more realistic") shooting in general (unlike safoolfool I didn't notice any decrease in close-quarters accuracy), while increasing both the speed of readying/raising them and the frequency of weapon cleaning/maintenance?

Re: the graphs -- for me it's just that I can't find anything that affects the "aimed fire" aiming mode, and with the Aimpoints they appear on the graph to actually make "snapshot" more effective at the longer ranges than "aimed fire." Haven't gotten into a firefight long-distance enough to test this yet, I'm afraid. :P

Note for anyone who's tweaking weapons:

If you leave a weapon without eligible attachments in WEAPONINFO but leave its attachment slots intact or even add slots to its entry in ITEMBONES, then the weapon will still have those attachment slots listed as present... just unable to accept anything, as if you were trying to attach a P90 suppressor onto a M1911A1. Also, in ITEMBONES I'm not quite sure what the "FLASH" or "BUCK" slots that some of them have (the latter doesn't seem to be tied to the Masterkey which is treated as a launcher or to the foregrips), but "TL" is "tactical light" (read: weapon-mounted light), and the rest are self-explanatory.

If you'd like to create "modular weapon families" (read: differing barrel length stuff) like the HK416/HK417, the SCAR, the Steyr AUG A1 and A2, or the replacement barrels, check them out in ITEMS.INI to see how.

(As a non-weapon aside, I wonder if there's a way to set limited-usage items to "true infinite," as opposed to simply "implausibly high"...)

safoolfool
07-10-2010, 06:52 AM
(unlike safoolfool I didn't notice any decrease in close-quarters accuracy)

Note that I haven't actually used any of these settings in game. I'm just looking at the numbers, and seeing what I think should happen. To add an even further distance from what is actually going on, as R@S said, the graphs don't always match up with what's really going on. So I'm using the numbers to visualize the graph, and then using the graph to approximate the real range. My gibbering is then in the "mountain of salt" category, I guess.

That said, by changing from curves with really steep dropoffs to linear descents, you should get less close in accuracy.

To help go through my thoughts:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3188/range.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/range.jpg/)

The red is whats going on now: short range, steep dropoff/inflection point in the middle. The blue is what I see happening in the alt file, linear descent, more overall range, but this means that for a little while the blue curve is beneath (less accurate than) the red curve. Of course it could always be that the alt file increases range so much (green curve) that it never actually dips below the red curve. Add to that the fact that a lot of the curvatures seem to be ~.7, which ends up looking like limp string: instead of a straight line it actually bows in a bit, meaning they'd be a good bit less accurate close in.

Eidt again: He also made the following discoveries about the graphs:
The red and the yellow bar is what your gunfighting does
The green is your shooting ability
The blue is your sniper ability
The gray is what the weapon can do
In case it was confusing, I'm using red/green/blue in my graph to represent the "standard" (gray) curve in three different scenarios, not aimed/hip/scoped.

Also, in case you've never done it, try opening up the range graph and messing with plugins. You can see the yellow quick aim line go in and out as you un/replug a collimator, and you can see the red hipshot line go in and out as you unplug a laser.

Edit: take a look at shotguns. The range numbers don't seem to have changed much (slight increase in max range), but the curve goes from 5 for all of them to 20 for all. What's going on there?
I dunno, I'll play with it in game later, right now I'm talking out of my ass.

R@S
07-10-2010, 07:44 AM
What is the meaning of the parameter "balance" on weapons? When I put silencer or laser it gone down. The balance is a parameter that tells how good a weapon is under autofire. I used to think that the lower balance the better grouping with autofire. A high balance makes the weapon faster to prepare/raise. But Quickdagger found that it's actually the other way around, but you have to take his word for it;)

He also made the following discoveries about the graphs:
The red and the yellow bar is what your gunfighting does
The green is your shooting ability
The blue is your sniper ability
The gray is what the weapon can do

This should mean that the only bar that has to do with the weapon in question is the gray one, all the others are how the player skills affect the handling of a weapon.

Also, in ITEMBONES I'm not quite sure what the "FLASH" or "BUCK" slots that some of them have (the latter doesn't seem to be tied to the Masterkey which is treated as a launcher or to the foregrips), but "TL" is "tactical light" (read: weapon-mounted light), and the rest are self-explanatory."FLASH" is the Flash suppressor/Silencer coordinates and "BUCK" is the Butt/Stock.

(As a non-weapon aside, I wonder if there's a way to set limited-usage items to "true infinite," as opposed to simply "implausibly high"...)You would have to create that function in the code for the item in question. Since the exe this mod is using has opened up the "USE Item" event, you can do that by adding an "on event" function for it and then just set it to be used indefinitely.

QuickDagger
07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Hello there friends,

I hope I can help you out with one thing or two.

Here:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8187/conclusions.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/conclusions.jpg/)

The creators made somethings very well. I´ll explain.

Any weapon has a precision of its own. You cab notice that by its dispersion, you can measure sniper rifles by their MOA dispersion and so on. That´s the grey line.

No shooter can be more precise than his weapon. If you super glue a weapon on the wall and shoot many times the holes will be very close. If you do so bare handing you gun the holes will be more disperse. That´s the green line under the grey line.

Tactical shooters have to aim very fast. I don´t know the term in english but, it might be called something like semi-aiming. Of course less precise than a fully aimed shot. That´s the yellow line.

And cowboys don´t aim at all. Here´s the red line.

Anything you attach to a weapon alters its original engineering project, it affects its balance. That means recoil forces will change rather for better or worse. Also weapons get heavier and then slower to aim. Of course only a bit but, enough to increase weapon dispersion and aiming time.

About ammo. There are heavier and lighter payloads. Heavier ammo can even affect balance.

And, you can never compare damage values of weapons loaded with different ammo. In fact you should choose your prefered ammo first and, only then choose your weapon.

Next time I will tell you about the game errors and creators mistakes.

Keep it up.

IceShade
07-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Good stuff! I always thought lower balance meant better grouping. R@S sure preached this, to the point where adding lasers, lights, launchers and everything just to get the balance down was an exploit! ;) Haha. (Or was that AFP?)

Anyway, I've been trying out the SIG-550-1 marksman rifle in BSM. Unfortunately, "they" forgot to config a bipod. I tried to add a bipod by changing a few things:

Added "BIPOD" to the folded/unfolded SIG-550-1 in Itembones, added 1 "AssaultBipod" to both variants in Weaponsinfo.

I also wanted a M203 for the SIG-550 assault rifle (due to lack of a GL 5040), so I did the same stuff for this rifle. Added "LAUNCHER" in Itembones, added 1 "M203" blocks Bipod, and blocks ILauncher for the bipod.

In-game, I can attach the items just fine. Unfortunately, the M203 isn't positioned very well (it's inside the triggerguard, but on a vertical level it's fine) and the Bipod for the SIG-550-1 is .. on the buttstock.

How would I correct this?

---

A second question. In the OP you mention that in itemslevels.ini the last two numbers stand for CGL and the probability in percentage, like "Assault Rifle AKS-74U (5.45mm)"5 50

The thing is, a lot of items have "0 0", yet they still show up in stores.
I'm trying to get "EOTech Holosight 552 (WR)"0 0 to show up in the stores, but I haven't been able to find it. Will changing 0 0 to 2 100 fix that, and it will always show up from lvl 2 onwards?
(I don't like the other EOTech sight. This 552 one is very well done).

R@S
07-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Good stuff! I always thought lower balance meant better grouping. R@S sure preached this, to the point where adding lasers, lights, launchers and everything just to get the balance down was an exploit! ;) Haha. (Or was that AFP?)Hehe, I think most of us did believe that was the case, but Quickdagger surely proved us all wrong. Putting on attachments that goes on the front(lasers, lights and GL's) lowers the balance, one can clearly see that in the weapon info window, but the assumption was that it was tied to auto fire accuracy was wrong. I now believe that a lower balance only increases the auto fire accuracy when proned and with a bipod. But I could eb wrong again:D

In-game, I can attach the items just fine. Unfortunately, the M203 isn't positioned very well (it's inside the triggerguard, but on a vertical level it's fine) and the Bipod for the SIG-550-1 is .. on the buttstock.
How would I correct this?You need to alter their coordinates in the SIG550-1SNIPER.ACT.INF file, and in this case you need to create new entries for the launcher and bipod.

These entries wont work, but I need to show you which numbers to edit:
"BIPOD" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.066039 0.439973 1.0

"LAUNCHER" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.116626 0.190174 1.0

It's one of the red numbers that moves the attachment forward/back or left/right. the one in the middle is up/down.

I suggest you copy the entry for the left hand, it's the closet coordinate, and name it "BIPOD" and "LAUNCHER". Then make some small adjustments until it is in the right place.

A second question. In the OP you mention that in itemslevels.ini the last two numbers stand for CGL and the probability in percentage, like "Assault Rifle AKS-74U (5.45mm)"5 50The reason you can't find the new EOTech is that I forgot to add it to the ShopINI files. It was corrected in the fix #3 and in the 1.02 version. If an item has the numbers 0 0 in Itemlevels.ini it means it has a 100% chance of turning up in the shop and that it's global CGL is 0, there will be no price penalties in the shops.

IceShade
07-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the quick answers!

Hmm, it seems like a lot of hassle for something minor. Maybe when I can be bothered, I'll tweak the bipod and launcher to my needs. For now, my sniper is still very accurate, and a 6G-30 is in one of my ammo pouches for some grenade fire ;)

I'll have a look into #3 or 1.02 .. I hope that neither require a restart.

IceShade
07-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Also, I tried to find the act.inf files, but what happened to all the files? :confused:

R@S
07-20-2010, 06:56 AM
The patch script packs them up in the Patch_1_12.azp archive, start looking there. If they're not there, they're in another archive.

echoco
02-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi I'm trying to add an AK-104 by cloning AK-102, I've followed the steps above but my game keeps CTD probably because I couldn't find and copy the "*.ACT.INF" for the AK-102

*EDIT*

I checked the log and it says

00:11.998 ERROR [0] .\Items\items.cpp (697) Item not found by name: 'Assault Rifle AK-104 (7.62x39mm)'

R@S
02-19-2011, 08:23 AM
You must've forgotten to add the new weapon to one of the files, or made a typo in it's name in one of them. Make sure you've added the new weapon in all the files mentioned in the first post in this thread.

echoco
02-19-2011, 01:42 PM
It was a typo in the name thanks

freedom5515
07-06-2011, 08:14 AM
hi, im trying to create a weapon with higher balance after everything has gone on. It seems like the weight of the weapon itself in ratio with total weight of ammo and attachments affects it.

Im still confused with the 'Balance' attibute in WeaponINFO tho. Is there an alternate way to ensure high balance? Especially with the already heavy LMGs.

edit: Using 3.0 as balance seems to sort LMGs out. Talk about missing the obvious lol.

Oh, and can anyone please explain what affects damage? The Mk48 im using to test has lower damage than the original both before and after loading ammo. Could it be from changes in the 'FireTime' value?

R@S
07-06-2011, 05:08 PM
The damages are controlled by the AMMOINFO file, but there is one value available in the WEAPONINFO file that increases or decreases it, the SpeedModifier. If you want to increase the damage a weapon does just make it a bit higher.

Ioka
10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi R@s, I need your advice. Years ago I found no forums on 7.62 but I came upon this game again and gave another try.
I encountered the same problems like before and was on to uninstall the game when I thought on checking the net again and found this site :D

I was always a great fan of Jagged Alliance series so E5 was a must have and 7,62 is truly my best game purchase of all time. 1C Games are somehow got my taste. Hope there will be another part, maybe ww2 or modern warfare..But enough of my cr.p. :D

I need your advice. I checked your post on weapons tutorial 101 and was thinking about to make my own AK clone, AMD-65. Amd-65 is not a wunderwaffe but does what an AK must do. I read your post trough and trough and I think I got the grip of the how-to but there is one big problem.
I just have no folder such as \Actors\Items with 3d mappings of the guns and such! It is simply missing. I have only Actors\Monsters folder but that is different.

I found another folder of \RenderedItems with lots of pictures but they are not 3d-s, only the pictures of the items in the inventories.
Is there a cure for it?

Best regards

Joe Kerr
08-06-2013, 03:55 AM
I was wondering if anybody can help me with a problem I am having trying to get the paperdoll model of the AN-94 that Uribe sells that I modified to take a silencer. I decided on L85A2 silencer that also comes with the LB version of the 5.56 SCAR he sells but it is sitting too far back on the paperdoll model. The actual weapon and when you right click on the weapon and press info it looks perfect. I am trying to get the 2 to match. Any idea which paramater I need to change? I will paste the contents of my AN94.ACT file that the game uses, but I tried changing a bunch of parameters to no avail. I will also include a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about.

TotalSceneBones 14
"EXTRACT" 17.563150 23.062393 12.297806 0.0 0.410748 -0.766047 0.287609 0.0 -0.573573 0.000005 0.819154 0.0 0.094884 0.205590 0.271421 1.0
"CENTER" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.082736 0.165561 1.0
"IRONSIGHT" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.139582 0.120723 1.0
"LEFTHAND" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.034885 0.268648 1.0
"FLASH" -0.000001 0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.089761 0.752575 1.0
"MAG" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.088559 0.996071 -0.000000 0.0 -0.996071 -0.088559 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.082963 0.123250 1.0
"BUCK" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.012989 0.059957 -0.039850 1.0
"LEFTSIDE" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 -0.028916 0.096908 0.104655 1.0
"OPTIC" -0.000001 0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 0.000001 0.0 -0.009784 0.080758 0.059509 1.0
"LAUNCHER" -0.000001 0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000000 0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.061925 0.465812 1.0
"BAYONET" -0.000001 0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000000 0.000001 0.0 0.000000 -1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 0.012861 0.086738 0.573826 1.0
"TL" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 -0.018658 0.061969 0.476707 1.0
"BIPOD" -0.000001 0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.061934 0.476738 1.0
"LASER" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.016629 0.061969 0.476707 1.0