PDA

View Full Version : A fair fight please

Parkaboy
07-04-2010, 05:05 PM
So it didn't take me long to notice that players experienced players love to group up on one side and play a bunch of noobs on the other.

Yeah I've heard it before just because someone has had more games than you doesn't make them any good. Which is true, but experience does give you many advantages.

So if those 1000 games aren't worth much then why not join the side of with the least experienced players.

Just 5mins ago I was reading up for a match with two players with no pips and me with my humble 2 pips vs 2 little girls with giant pips and a little boy with 3 pips. So pretty much one of there players had played 10 times the amount of games than my entire team.

So I point this out and say maybe we should mix the teams up for a balanced and more enjoyable game. To which I get an ear full of rubbish and then abuse. So I say fine and then 10 mins later we lose.

So wow what a shock that was. How can people who play a RTS being so bloody stupid not to realise that experience does mean quite alot.

KnightFandragon
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
People dont want a fairfight....only a steamroll, win in 5 minutes deal.....I guess people think in this game a diamond means something other then youve played alot of MoW.

Korsakov829
07-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm fairly good, better then most. But I've had MoW for about one and a half years now, and I've only been playing MP for less then a month so I have only 100 games.

There are no in game rules, aside from using trainers/hacks. The way I play is just to even the teams out, play Soviet Union when space available, and just have fun. I don't really mind who I'm playing with or against, I just go with it.

Commissar_Shermie
07-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I know what you guys are talking about and I know I have taken part in some of it (3 pips) partly just because I have a set of friends that I play with as teammates (2 3 pips, 2 2 pips, 2 1 pips atm). I know that looks a bit evened out, but if just my 2 higher friends show up than it looks bad right? Since invariably we're the guys hosting the battle we'll set the factions up so that there is something of a challenge or advantage for the less experienced team (Germany vs Japan/UK for instance, our group taking Japan/UK). But honestly my friends and I are not going to split up just because some new people want the teams evened out. If there is an odd number of players, and we've been waiting for a while sometimes one of us will go over to the other team just so we can start, but honestly we just have fun playing with each other.