PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell how far away from something you are?

JamesX
07-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I am currently on the mission to shadow a Transport. The Mission description says I should be between 301 and 399

But I have no idea how to gauge distance in this game. So I always get the mission failed message.

Stuka10000
07-04-2010, 04:54 PM
If you select the mothership and then right click on the transport you should follow it pretty closely. If the transport however is set to follow you just keep looking backwards and stop when you think it's falling behind to let it catch up.

JamesX
07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
The mission requires you to be at a specific distance (and not guard distance). I can't figure out how to measure the distance.

Trucidation
07-05-2010, 07:12 AM
100 clicks is roughly 1 square grid in the map. Is this the mission in Muscovy? It's a bit of a pain. I've always failed the first part (distance from portal), but the quest still allows you proceed to the next part, shadowing the transport.

It isn't too much of a problem: you get warning messages when you stray too close or too far. Equip your mothership with the 400 click radar module and keep the transport just within the maximum sensing range. It doesn't take too long, but make sure to alternate saves every few minutes in case you fumble.

I think there was another mission like this but I don't recall where.