PDA

View Full Version : Tank vs tank and why I always lose

Parkaboy
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Ok so I'm getting abit wee'ed off with constantly missing shots with Tank vs Tank action.

I spot tank fire at treads, miss

tank turns to target my tank

I shoot at treads again, miss

tank shoots at my treads, hits

I now have 2 options turret of barrel,

but it matters little as in or out of direct control I miss and my turret is or hull is smashed.

It's happens way too often to be down to chance I've got the white dot aimed at the enemy tank. So why do they hit and I miss most of the time when I play Germany most of the time?

stukabomber44
06-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Do you see the percentages before you fire??? If its red and low, chances of hit or penetration are low. Also make sure you have a clear line of site, I have forgotten to make sure to see the marker before firing and I thought it didn't fire, but instead it hit a tree or a rock :P Also it depends where you are relative to the tank, if your 45 degree to the enemy tank's body, the chance of penetration unless your gun is huge and his armor thin or weak is little.
Make sure you shoot when you have a green light and a high percentage, I could guess one of these reasons is the culprit. Unless you guys are fighting in the EXACT same tanks, then I have no idea - just luck I guess :P

Korsakov829
06-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Never defend. Always stay on move using light tanks. I have easily killed king tigers with a T34/57.

stukabomber44
06-29-2010, 03:21 AM
I don't know, if you stay on the move - you might risk running into a mine field, always try and do whats comfortable. But stay vigilant and aggressive, you can be aggressively defensive :P

KnightFandragon
06-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Dont aim at specific spots on tanks...just aim center mass...you'll prolly take out the tracks even if u hit the turret..idk how it works but thats how it goes sometimes. Also, before shooting stop and let the aiming thing get smaller so you have better chances of hitting, sometimes takes a few shots to zero in. It also depends on what tank your using and whats shooting back...if your trying to take on Sluggers w/ a Panzer IV you'll prolly lose that anyway.

Parkaboy
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
I've pretty much covered most of those bases. Not moving, holding off firing for a second to get better aim. I'll give aiming at the center of the tank for a few encounters and see how that goes. I've mostly been playing the German's and have pretty much got to the point where I know if I stand a chance of sticking around and when I cant I do my best to run away.

As for Korsakov829 suggestion getting two medium tanks (or tank and tank hunter) and flanking with one that's easier said than done because of the hidden dangers.

I've started to have a AT guy or two MoW AS as you may have heard has some very well equipped elite infantry perfect for the job of spreading out around a tank and hiding in bushes on the look out for sneaking Tank Hunters and infantry with tnt.

Yeah tigers are well slow, but I managed to kill 3 flanking tank/hunters in a 1v1 the other night using this tactic. I say I did, but it was the AI that did all the work as I was else where XD.

Korsakov829
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't know, if you stay on the move - you might risk running into a mine field, always try and do whats comfortable. But stay vigilant and aggressive, you can be aggressively defensive :P

A smart person wouldn't set up a mine field just anywhere. He would set up AT barriars with gaps, and in those gaps mines while high up a hill tanks fire down.

I always rush head on at heavy tanks, slight at a angle as the heavy tanks have a slow turret roation. When I'm behind a panther I'll easily take it out with a 45mm AP shell, and since I'm already behind lines I'll take out another. Thats 2 panthers at the cost of a little T26 which cost little to nothing.

Parkaboy
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah as I said I've started to learn the best way to defend a being flanked two lines of infantry to give the Tiger a good view of its own flank the other side being covered by the edge of the map and advancing troops.

stukabomber44
06-30-2010, 02:48 AM
A smart person wouldn't set up a mine field just anywhere. He would set up AT barriars with gaps, and in those gaps mines while high up a hill tanks fire down.

When There are tank traps like that, its very obvious, you just have to plant them in random areas, few here few there. I just locations before I advance, or put inf in first, then mine sweepers.