PDA

View Full Version : Texture bug - all white

Roady
06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I just started the training level on Death to Spies 1 and all the textures (trees, Vehicles, Ground) are blocky and plain white... Any ideas? (It looks quite nice for just white textures O_o)

GTX 295
Quad Core 2.4
4 GB DDR3
Windows 7 32 bit

In-Game screen below:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/snoop22/smersh2010-06-2419-56-46-41.jpg

... and when I try to play the expansion it crashs when briefing on the first mission.. after the cutscene... great.

OSS
06-25-2010, 06:35 AM
I just started the training level on Death to Spies 1 and all the textures (trees, Vehicles, Ground) are blocky and plain white... Any ideas? (It looks quite nice for just white textures O_o)

... and when I try to play the expansion it crashs when briefing on the first mission.. after the cutscene... great.

where did you get that version of the game? it looks like 'textures.vfs' file is missing.. check in your installation directory..

Roady
06-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Got it off the steam sale, checked the folder and there's Textures.vfs(881MB).

I'm thinking its a graphics card issue, maybe the game doesn't support the 295's? My drivers are up to date, I even tried roll backing to another driver and it did nothing. I turned SLI off, PhysX off, turned everything to default on the nvidia panel still no go... I'll try redownloading over steam again but it still won't explain why the expansion crashs as soon as it loads the briefing to a level.

- Is there anyway I can email an official tech support?

OSS
06-25-2010, 07:18 AM

I'm thinking its a graphics card issue, maybe the game doesn't support the 295's? My drivers are up to date, I even tried roll backing to another driver and it did nothing. I turned SLI off, PhysX off, turned everything to default on the nvidia panel still no go... I'll try redownloading over steam again but it still won't explain why the expansion crashs as soon as it loads the briefing to a level.

did you installed some of the mods? what expansion do you mean?

Roady
06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
No mods just the game itself,

Death to Spies: Moment of truth is the expansion I'm talking about.

OSS
06-25-2010, 07:23 AM

well, that strange..

i'v got textures.vfs for dts1 of size 959mb..

and for dts:moment of truth - textures.vfs = 1.25gb

maybe broken download or installation?

OSS
06-25-2010, 07:26 AM
- Is there anyway I can email an official tech support?

yeah, i guess this - support@1cpublishing.eu

Roady
06-25-2010, 07:32 AM
hmm well Im currently redownloading DoS right now so maybe that will fix it.

Just checking my DoS:moment of truth and it is 1.25gb.. not sure. Just tried installing different C++ runtimes 2005/2008 didn't fix the crashs :(. Ill keep fooling around with it.

Quite possibly I will just upgrade to 64 bit since I do have that on hand. Might as well switch back since I had less issues on 64 bit than I am having on 32 bit now with games lol.

- Thanks for the email Ill give that a try in the next few days if I can't fix it

forlik
06-25-2010, 08:21 AM
...and when I try to play the expansion it crashs when briefing on the first mission.. after the cutscene... great.
I've got such errors when I've deleted some briefing sound files :)
Try to run MoT as SmershAddon.exe -log and find smersh.log in your documents folder. Perhaps you can locate the reason.

Roady
06-25-2010, 05:38 PM
How would I run it as a SmershAddon.exe -log? I tried creating a shortcut and changing the target to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\death to spies moment of truth\SmershAddon.exe" -log

But it gives me an invalid target error.

- And just an update, as weird as it is..., Death to Spies one is now working since I've re downloaded it. I am going to try to redownload MoT just in-case that would fix it. Weird how Steam would download games with missing files...

Roady
06-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Everything is working now! Just needed to simply re download the game off steam... thanks for all the help :)