PDA

View Full Version : Fatal crash at start-up

Das123
06-24-2010, 11:59 PM
The main PSP.exe file is giving me a fatal crash during start up after a few seconds. Any clues on what I can try to get this to work please?

tgb
06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Are you playing on a laptop? Not that it's any help, but the read me says that integrated graphics are not supported.

FWIW, I can't believe there isn't more forum traffic on this one.

Das123
06-25-2010, 12:51 AM
No. Playing on XP Service Pack 3 with an nVidia GTX285 graphics card so it should be able to cope with it.

kuciki
06-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Are you playing on a laptop? Not that it's any help, but the read me says that integrated graphics are not supported.

FWIW, I can't believe there isn't more forum traffic on this one.

yep, I didn't see any traffic in this forum... I manage to play the game successfully. It seems the first time load, the game needs to activate using internet ?

Das123
06-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Yes, it did the activation first and that appeared to be successful. Bought the game from GamersGate.

Sneaksie
06-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Das123, please send the crash logs located in C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Local Settings\Application Data\1C\Game (*.log and *.dmp files) to sali@1c.ru. In addition, your DxDiag report would be helpful.

Das123
06-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Files on their way...

Das123
07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Any word on fixing this yet please? Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks. :confused:

arcturus42
07-20-2010, 12:56 AM
I also had a fatal error at startup, but was able to figure out the problem and fix it. I had installed the game to the default directory, which includes an em-dash in the folder and this was apparently messing things up because my computer isn't running in English mode and was apparently unable to recognize the character.

I deleted the dash and everything worked fine. Hope this helps!

MonsterBall1
07-20-2010, 01:17 AM
having crashing issues, running on windows 7 evga GTX 295. it used to crash as soon as i started a new game. I disabled all the graphics options, now i can start the game play for about 5-10 minutes before it crashes.

I saw that similar issues have been reported is there a fix?

Das123
07-21-2010, 02:34 AM
I tried the suggestion but it didn't fix anything. So no fix for me yet.

The developers started off being really responsive but it has been weeks now since I've heard anything. Not responding to anything. I guess its all a bit too hard. I'm about ready to write this game off.

Sneaksie
07-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Theoretically, the game should write a log file in case of crash. Do you have a folder named 'Crash' inside the game folder? If yes, are there any files inside?

Das123
07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks for responding Sneaksie.

This is exactly the same issue as a month ago where I had sent in the various crash files back then. I was given an earlier build of the exe file to test as the thought was that would solve it - but it didn't. I wrote back sending the new crash files at that time and that was the last I heard.

Do you need the crash files from now even though they are going to be exactly the same as the other crash files I had sent earlier?

Sneaksie
07-21-2010, 07:14 PM
If they are the same, i guess not.

Wyrm780
12-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Well it seems like this forum post is outdated but its the first one on Google so I'm posting here. I was having the same problems as other people, Start up the game, black screen, crash. Kinda gave up on the game for a while however recently I cleaned my Registry and it seemed to have fixed the issue. I can't really think of anything else I could have done between the last attempt and today.
I used Eusing because its an actually FREE Registry cleaner and it lets you scan and fix without paying anything. http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
If you have a different registry cleaner you like it should work fine. If anyone else reads this and it tries please reply whether it helps or not for future browsers of this topic.

Edit: Also disabling any other monitors connected to the computer seems to help