PDA

View Full Version : Operation Duxford

Gilly
06-24-2010, 01:40 PM
On the 10th and 11th of next month, Duxford is hosting it's annual Flying Legends weekend. As it's the 70th annivesary this year of the BoB, it's likely to be one he'll of a weekend. I for one am going and McQ and Kav are being air dropped in. There are several others who are tentative, other comitments permitting, will endeavour to also be there.
If anyone is or indeed fancies joining us for a weekend of debauchery, plus some nice planes then feel free to drop one of us a line and we'll happily provide details and contacts to enable us to meet up. We may even do a monty python and recreate some BoP moments in a theater stylie!
More details can be found here or by giving me a shout

http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/conEvent.3151

Davedog74
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
im there mate,be great to meet you all.and as you say should be a special show,im guessing at least a dozen merlins,dont forget the camera to get the photos for bobbysocks,should be 4 or 5 stangs.
can we all have those comedy scarfes(scarves?)you know the stiff ones

Gilly
06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
im there mate,be great to meet you all.and as you say should be a special show,im guessing at least a dozen merlins,dont forget the camera to get the photos for bobbysocks,should be 4 or 5 stangs.

I usually visit le mans each year ( sadly not this time due to family wedding) and go with a group of mates who all dress up as WWII pilots and ride choppers around the site. I'm seeing if I can get hold of the uniforms!! Then we can all 'fly' around arms stretched out making 'brrrrrrrrrrr' and 'ratatat' noises!!!!
Cameras are a given!! I'm taking at least two plus iPhone and I'm sure both kav and McQ will have recon ability too!!!

Davedog74
06-24-2010, 02:44 PM
le man ,what a race,your mates sound a good crack,i have to be pissed to do stuff like that,
frank the tank ,wahoo

bobbysocks
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM

i would appreciate that!! i seem to be missing all the good stuff this year due to commitments. this weekend there is a tiny airshow less than 20 miles from my house but i will be 200 miles away at a wedding. i'm jealous...but glad for you. have fun guys!

McQ59
06-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Very good initative Gilly!

I hope to meet and handshake a nice bunch of BoP-pilots down there.
(F#Kc... I'll dress up as whatever to have a good time!)

f1rebrand
06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Keep me in the loop guys, I'm still keen to meet up on Saturday 10th.

Could you drop me a line Gilly? Cheers fella.

BRIGGBOY
06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
very jealous guys that sounds like its going to be a good crack. i am hopefully going to the display by the bobmf at raf waddington on the 4th july but if not they are doing a flypast at caistor on the 24th which is just up a few miles from me

scottyvt4
06-25-2010, 11:10 PM
would love to go to this ........... its my wee ones birthday on the 11th so sat will prob be goin round the inlaws ect ect :(:(:(:(

its a nice 6.5 hour drive but i love driving lol done brighton and back in 25hours :)

dkwookie
06-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I checked National Express times from Manchester to Cambridge, 6 hours!!!

KAV
06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Closing in now, 9 days till take from Flieghorst Herdla.......

Balderz002
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
It looks like I will also be in attendance. I will be in with a group of Ducati Monsters, converging from all over the place. So if you think you can hear a recreation of the first 1000 bomber raids, its not, its just us, and our loud bikes!

KAV
01-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Time to be making plans for summer.

Please make note of these days:
http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/conEvent.3526