PDA

View Full Version : Scopes and other weapon mods

beepbeep
06-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Which trader carries scopes and other weapon mods and is happy to trade with me?

Stupid question, I know, but I've only been playing since today and no trader I've met has had any mods to sell. I especially want the scope and the silencer.

Kyle
06-22-2010, 04:56 AM
I still haven't progressed past the third level yet, and I've yet to see a weapon on sale that has a scope or collimeter mounted on it, nor are these devices yet available separately. 7.62's predecessor, Brigade E5 is likely a good gauge of how things will evolve in 7.62. If that's the case, it probably won't be till level 4 or 5 that such devices start showing up at the bars or with traders. I suspect that they will be exceptionally expensive at the start, but then gradually get cheaper as the market gets more saturated with them.

If you're just starting, you shouldn't be seeing any kind of scoped weapon. The two gadgets you will find are suppressors and laser pointers, although these are also exceptionally rare in the early stages of the game.

Hope this helps!

MoreDread
06-22-2010, 06:25 AM
what you see in stores is determined by your cgl, you can use the kill statistics book in your inventory (quest items) to see your cgl.

most main quest missions increase your cgl by 1...

in BSM killing a certain amount of enemies will also advance your cgl.

the amount of kills required to 'lvl up' can be set in the outsourcedINI

there are a few exceptions where killing enemies is not enough and a certain mission HAS to be done to advance it.

i think the first occasion is cgl 7. above that weapon addons are quite frequent.. in the end the game will have so many items in the shop it makes you go crazy.

beepbeep
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Thank you guys for your replies.

I managed to find a bayonet mod in the miner town, in a box near the river (together with a great shotgun behind the bar of the same town), so hopefully one can find a few other mods in boxes too.

Btw., my windows search engine can't find any file called "outsourced".

MoreDread
06-23-2010, 04:18 AM
it's part of the BSM mod.. if you don't have that installed you can't find it

Vader
06-25-2010, 10:39 AM
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in a chest in santa maria near an old truck you can find a pumpgun and also a first scope (dont know wich type... but fits wr)

beepbeep
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks!