PDA

View Full Version : AVOID combining Ecomod and Blue Sun Mod...!

Kyle
06-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Just a friendly warning to avoid combining the Ecomod and Blue Sun Mod, as even starting a brand new game results in an immediate crash to desktop once it tries launching the very first mission.

I already had the Blue Sun Mod installed when I installed the Ecomod.

Fortunately, the solution to fix the situation was simple: reinstall the Blue Sun Mod. Everything's working fine, and there's no sign of any of the Ecomod's features being present, which is too bad, because the Ecomod sounds AWESOME.

Hopefully, someone with the brains and time can successfully merge the two together and we'll have the King of All 7.62 mods. :grin:

I trust that this will save a number of people a lot of time and frustration.

R@S
06-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I checked it out too and tried to fix it for you, but there are some things that needs the authors touch. It calls for some ini files that has been left out of the release and I'll try to contact guineapig about it, he might have still them easily available.

Kyle
06-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow, if it's indeed possible for you to merge the two together, then we're in for a huge improvement to the game. Even in the end if it's not fruitful, thanks in advance for your efforts on this!

So, the Ecomod was missing .ini files it was asking for? I assume that that means that if one was playing 7.62 with just the Ecomod that it wouldn't operate properly even then?

R@S
06-20-2010, 05:53 PM
So, the Ecomod was missing .ini files it was asking for? I assume that that means that if one was playing 7.62 with just the Ecomod that it wouldn't operate properly even then?I'm not sure what it might cause, the ini files that's missing is for one the representative in Santa-Maria. In those cases there wont be a CTD but the character wont turn up on the map. Then there was the ShopINI file for one of the resources, the Oilrig.ini, and those usually cause a CTD when starting a new game. There might be more files missing, those are the only ones turning up in the log file tho. I'll see if guineapig still has the files on his HD and if he can make them available for us.

R@S
06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Good news, guineapig just sent me the source code for the ECOmod and I had a quick glance at it. I'll be able to fix it, no worries, but it'll take a few days. I might be able to steal some time at work tomorrow, and if I do it might be even sooner. I'll post a fix ASAP.

Oh, and the more I look at the code, the more impressed I am. There's a lot of truly awesome new features in it, makes me regret not checking it out before now.

Kyle
06-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Well, don't lose your job over our salivating virtual desires! :grin:

Getting written up over it is OK (I mean, it's just a piece of paper in one's personnel file, how bad could that be, a paper-cut?), but nothing more. ;)

With all that you've accomplished with the Blue Sun Mod, for you to express such a high level of excitement for the Ecomod makes my level of anticipation shoot ever higher.

Do you think that when you post it that you could include in its Read Me a statement as to whether or not it'll be compatible with Saves? That's a common question whenever a mod comes out, so declaring up front what it can and can't do in regards to this matter will save time on having to comment on this later.

Thanks for the heads up and effort on this!

:grin:

R@S
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM
No worries there, I have the best job in the world, a librarian:grin: It means a lot of quiet time in front of a computer, and there's no rule about what I should do when work is slow. Best job ever!

Anyways, I think I'll have a working version ready by tomorrow, hopefully it wont be too much trouble adding the missing files. They were all present in the files guineapig sent me so it's just a matter of adding them to the fix. I did find a small typo in the code and might re-compile it as well, but that's a minor issue and shouln't take that long.

R@S
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
BSM ECOmod alpha v2

RapidShare Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/402597032/BSM_ECOmod_alpha_v2.rar

MediaFire Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z4t0jcinmok

Extract the archive and copy the files to your game directory. I have no idea if a new game is required or not, try it at your own risk.