PDA

View Full Version : Any new locations & structures in the works?

Kyle
06-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm really enjoying 7.62 with the awesome Blue Sun Mod. I haven't had a single crash yet, and that's saying a lot considering all of the complaints when this title was first released!

7.62 is superior in a number of ways to Brigade E5, but the more I play it, the more I miss aspects of BE5, such as...

...the lack of vertical tactical play. I'm surprised by just how many buildings have second stories that can't be entered, nor do they have roofs that can be accessed. My biggest shock so far is with the churches: their steeples are unenterable!

I wonder if they ran out of development time, because there's plenty of rickety ladders and stacked crates that SHOULD easily allow access to these regions, but don't.

..."railroad tracking" of map designs. BE5's maps allowed for far greater access to physical features. While the "railroad tracking" of 7.62's aren't as bad as a typical level in Half-Life, the tactical options are significantly more limited than what we had in BE5. Perhaps the tracking wouldn't be so annoying if the "fenced off" regions didn't look so easily accessible.

...lack of banking. I was surprised to discover last night that Luna's turning over of his bank account information really resulted in an immediate payment to me. Had the banks been made functional, the receipt of the bank account would've resulted in a potential adventure just to get to a bank to cash it. The number of mission potentialities related to this kind of financial interaction is enormous, so if there's no functional banks these kinds of missions are pointless and thus nonexistent.

And drawing interest on deposits is a nice BE5 feature that I'm really missing now.

Are there any plans to convert some of BE5's maps/structures over to 7.62? Doubtless this would be an ambitious endeavor, but I have no doubts that it would be warmly welcomed by the community.

Just wondering and hoping!
:)

R@S
06-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree with most of your critizism, and there are some mods that fixes some of them.

There's the ECOMOD made by guineapig that adds a banking system along with some other cool new features like a stock exchange and the ability to own buildings in some towns.

I'm not sure it's compatible with BSM, but here's the linky anyways:
http://guineapig.byethost13.com/dl.html

There's also a small addon to the Blue Sun mod that adds 4 random encounter maps from 7.62 Reloaded. You need to have that game if you wanna use it, but there's a Ukranian web shop that accepts orders from Europe.

Here's the link to the addon:
http://rapidshare.com/files/387617945/BSM_Random_Maps_Addon.rar

As for the BE5 maps I'm not sure it's possible. The random maps might be possible, but the city maps have some things, like locked doors and such, that might cause issues. But it might be worth while checking it out, I think more people have access to BE5 than Reloaded and the more variation in tactical maps the better IMHO.

I think the reason the devs made roof access so limited is that placing 2 mercs on a roof makes it too easy. When Istarted playing this game more than 2 years ago I used this tactic, but it makes the game boring pretty quick and I don't mind a bit of a challenge:)

Kyle
06-19-2010, 01:09 AM
made roof access so limited is that placing 2 mercs on a roof makes it too easy. When Istarted playing this game more than 2 years ago I used this tactic, but it makes the game boring pretty quick and I don't mind a bit of a challenge

You must be very good indeed! I found that rooftops were only advantages for the first several seconds of an encounter, and then it wasn't all that uncommon to get a fatal wound due to the fact that fighting from the roofs leaves only the the upper vitals exposed to shoot at! :grin:

I still want my rooftops and accessible second stories! :cry: :grin:

I am SO happy that you introduced me to Guineapig's Ecomod. I can't wait to try it! It looks as though that it not only installs a banking system like BE5's, but goes well beyond it. Buying properties and running illicit contraband--indeed!

According to his write up regarding the mod, it should be compatible with all mods. I don't know if it can work with an in-progress Blue Sun Mod game, but I'm going to give it a shot. If I show up hear crying, you'll know why!

I'd hate to start from scratch with a new run. My fingers are tightly crossed!

How unfortunate that the "Reloaded" sequel isn't available in English yet. Do you happen to know if a translation and release of it is in the works or not?

Thanks for your tips! :)

R@S
06-19-2010, 06:02 PM
You must be very good indeed! I found that rooftops were only advantages for the first several seconds of an encounter, and then it wasn't all that uncommon to get a fatal wound due to the fact that fighting from the roofs leaves only the the upper vitals exposed to shoot at! :grin:
Hehe, I'm one of the best:-P
But seriously, I'm the kind of guy that tries as many different tactics in all kinds of situations to find the best suited for the task. The best one for roof-tops is where you have 2 guys, let one of them stand up and throw a hip burst at the enemy and then run back out of sight before the returning fire gets too close. As soon as the enemies raise their weapons to aim at the first guy, let the other guy pop up and place an aimed shot at one of the enemies before they change target. Since they're prolly busy aiming/shooting at the first guy(and the burst from him has increased their adrenalin level), they wont be able to hit your second shooter. It's just a matter of rinse and repeat and variate with a nade once in a while:grin:
But as I stated before, it gets boring pretty quick.

How unfortunate that the "Reloaded" sequel isn't available in English yet. Do you happen to know if a translation and release of it is in the works or not?
AFAIK there wont be a translated version of Reloaded released. There is a partial translation available made by fans, but that only translates the interface and a few other things, the dialogs are still in Russian. But it's a linear game and I prefer sandbox games, but I wish they would release an English version so that I could use the maps for the BSM mod without having to worry about availability.

There is another SPM game made by Aperion called Men of Prey(Marauder) that was scheduled to be translated, but since 1C bought the publisher Buka I haven't heard anything about it. It is also a linear game but I still would like to play it and support the developers as best as I can.