PDA

View Full Version : 4.09m coops?

karvis
06-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi all, IL2 1946 4.09m gaming night with friends is approaching.

Do you have any suggestions of excellent co-op's what we could play during our LAN session? Where do I found those?

In many cases co-op's are built so that real action happens after half an hour flying and that's not very suitable for our needs on Saturday. We have beginners involved so possibly we need to start coops all over again quite often :-)

So if you know "fast-action" co-op's with plenty of planes in the air I would appreciate if you could point me to correct missions; bombing, dog-fight, interceptions etc.

Thanks,
you have excellent site here and altleast myself have found a lot of important information from you guys.

PS. btw our middle age on Saturday is close to 50 so great game this IL2, no age limits...

FG28_Kodiak
06-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Take a look on Mission4today:
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=7

BadAim
06-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I've found that a little flying time to target is a great time to familiarize oneself with the aircraft and practice formation flying, and also for shootin' the $hit (in many ways just as important as shooting the enemy), although this has to be kept in the context of a limited time to fly.

I've found MadJek's missions to have an excellent balance in this regard, and often are quite surprising, as a mission might look like it's going to be a long one and you end up bumping into an enemy patrol in 5 minutes. Most of his stuff can be found on M4T.

Finally an invaluable tool that my squad uses is called "the twenty second rule". Whenever someone crashes on takeoff (a not so rare event, and usually not by a novice ) The host has the option of calling "twenty seconds" and everyone has a free for all and shoots whoever is closest to them, usually accompanied by mad cackling and mock insults, and then in twenty seconds or so he'll restart the mission. It's really great fun and some (O.K., most) even look forward to it.

DD_crash
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Finally an invaluable tool that my squad uses is called "the twenty second rule". Whenever someone crashes on takeoff (a not so rare event, and usually not by a novice ) The host has the option of calling "twenty seconds" and everyone has a free for all and shoots whoever is closest to them, usually accompanied by mad cackling and mock insults, and then in twenty seconds or so he'll restart the mission. It's really great fun and some (O.K., most) even look forward to it.
Only when I`m on someone 6 :)

karvis
06-18-2010, 08:03 PM
EZ's and MadJek's missions? I just found those and looks very promising. Thanks for the hint.

BadAim
06-18-2010, 11:28 PM
No problem. When I'm being a good host (which is less often than I'd like), I spend a lot of time searching for and play-testing new missions, one problem is that not a lot of the really active guys are doing purpose made coops. It's technically fairly easy to convert a single player mission to a coop, but gameplay is seldom as good as something purpose made (as with soooo many things in life: the purpose made thing almost always outperforms the adaptation, it just takes more resources).

Zorin
06-18-2010, 11:32 PM
No problem. When I'm being a good host (which is less often than I'd like), I spend a lot of time searching for and play-testing new missions, one problem is that not a lot of the really active guys are doing purpose made coops. It's technically fairly easy to convert a single player mission to a coop, but gameplay is seldom as good as something purpose made (as with soooo many things in life: the purpose made thing almost always outperforms the adaptation, it just takes more resources).

Very true indeed.

Btw, do you plan to answer my PM?

BadAim
06-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Only when I`m on someone 6 :)

On Danger Dogz missions there is always a sort of strange looking scramble to get into a sort of line astern formation just in case someone screws up. There have been a few unfortunate cases of planes going up in flames when the host was careless enough to say any word that starts with "T" in the first few minutes of flight. After one of these, the lads usually behave for awhile. At any rate, we mostly fly for fun and while we like to keep it as hysterical......er, historical as possible we try to keep the fun in it.

BadAim
06-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Very true indeed.

Btw, do you plan to answer my PM?

Yes I do, I only discovered it this morning and had to get off to work before I could get off a considered answer. One of those will be forthcoming, right after my public apology.

Zorin
06-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes I do, I only discovered it this morning and had to get off to work before I could get off a considered answer. One of those will be forthcoming, right after my public apology.

Ah, I already wondered if you overlooked it by accidnet. Glad you have read it.

But please, you don't need to make a public apology, only if you feel it is necessary.

fruitbat
06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I love the twenty seconds rule, its amazing how quickly when someone does crash in the dogz, you see someone creaping up behind in you in rabid anticipation:cool: