PDA

View Full Version : Need some help/ideas

_RAAF_Smouch
06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi all,

Have just recently moved to windaz 7 (64 bit) and have noticed that since this has happened using the speakers I can hear the "radio chatter" from my wingman etc while playing offline.

When I plug a headset into the jack on the speakers I lose the "radio chatter".

I still have all other sounds.

I'm running a quad core 2.4 machine. 4gig RAM GTX260 897Mb card and Realtek sound card both with the latest drivers installed.

Does anyone have a cluie how to remedy this situation?

Cheers

~S~

Smouch.

BadAim
06-16-2010, 11:54 AM
That's an odd one mate. I'm not sure of your speaker setup, but if your running a multi-speaker setup (like 5.1 or 6.1) and you have the game set up for that, then the chatter might be playing on one of the rear channels, which of course a regular headset doesn't have. Try setting IL2 to headset in sounds, and also check your soundcard's settings to make sure that's setup for headset too.

Good luck.

_RAAF_Smouch
06-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks mate,

did all that with no luck.

So I uninstalled the game and re-installed in into a different folder than the default path that W7 uses. In this case a folder I created (1946) and lo and behold I now have the chatter from the wingman, ground control etc.

I didn't change anything with the sound card audio manager program.

One of the vagaries of W7 I guess.:rolleyes:

BadAim
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Big LOLs. Well, I'm glad it worked out for you, whether I was of any help or not. Just blame Bill Gates for that one, works for me.