PDA

View Full Version : Patches For Bugs/Glitches.

USA Trucker
06-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Report 'Bugs & Glitches' here for suggested patches/updates. Freak Of Nature originally posted a thread indicating this. However, it was accidentally deleted by me. I tried to recovery it, to no avail. I will take measures to ensure this won't happen in the future. My most sincerest apologies to all concerned, especially to Freak Of Nature.

Melkor
06-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok so far the only glitch or bug i have so far is that when you play your own music on the radio, it sounds different as to when your playing it outside the game.

USA Trucker
06-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Ok so far the only glitch or bug i have so far is that when you play your own music on the radio, it sounds different as to when your playing it outside the game.

Can you descibe how it sounds. Mine is low, and sounds as if you were listening to it in a tunnel (kind of like an echo). Anyway, I just play my 'Windows Media Player' in the background before I load the game. I have a huge play-list that I choose from according to my mood.;)

Felix08
06-18-2010, 01:01 AM
maybe the problem that occures and you cant take load to some warehouse after you started the story missions and where it tells that you have already another contract. And the right mirror problem that shows the left one if you dont look to the right.

Sneaksie
06-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Low volume and 'like in tunnel' feel comes from wrong EAX settings, which are quite different on various Pcs with different integrated audio chips or separately purchased audio cards. Try to change the audio device in game options and/or alter settings like EAX in control panel of your audio chip/card.

USA Trucker
06-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Low volume and 'like in tunnel' feel comes from wrong EAX settings, which are quite different on various Pcs with different integrated audio chips or separately purchased audio cards. Try to change the audio device in game options and/or alter settings like EAX in control panel of your audio chip/card.

That would be the case if the game in general sounded like that. The game sounds perfect with the exception of "my music" in the game. The game radio sounds normal. It's just when my music comes on. No EAX setting would alleviate this problem. So to solve it I just use Windows MP in the background.

peterbilt18
07-31-2010, 11:10 PM
the 4900 westernstar has problems with the upgraded front bumper with lights in it. The lights dont work on the bumper all other lights on the truck do but the ones on the bumper.

Walter Rodrigues
08-01-2010, 10:58 AM
the 4900 westernstar has problems with the upgraded front bumper with lights in it. The lights dont work on the bumper all other lights on the truck do but the ones on the bumper.

I have this problem too! :(

Melkor
08-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh yeah i might as well just mention it, but the random "falling of the road" in L.A
Or the "Hitting an invisible wall on the road" in L.A

SkaterMcgee
08-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Some other stuff...btw sorry for my bad english....
...traffic fall through bridges on you => really annoying because cops run after you grrr...
...traffic appears from nowhere (T-junction => stop, look left right then drive slowly to left (right) and hit by high speed moving traffic) grrr...
...weird behavior of truck in warehouse (its looks like Nick can not find the right gear)...
...traffic sometime turn randomly hard left (right) and hit the wall (and fly away or fall in the ground)...
...street lights its fine but why not works correct at night (path around greenfield warehouse its nice example) grrr...

I think this maybe not fit here but..
...automatic cruise control glithy all the time..
...things like hard braking for no reason (no traffic tested) turning hard on straight path or hitting things along free!!?? route...grrr :)

Grinder
09-05-2010, 11:44 AM
ok i don't have traffic lights, cars vanish right in front of my truck, fall thru bridges and such. and someone said they have an issue in the ware house that the truck sounds like it is grinding gears i have that to. interesting game though

USA Trucker
09-05-2010, 03:18 PM
ok i don't have traffic lights, cars vanish right in front of my truck, fall thru bridges and such. and someone said they have an issue in the ware house that the truck sounds like it is grinding gears i have that to. interesting game though

"No traffic lights" is not bug. As for the rest..... What are your computer specs?

Cabover
09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
after a while after playing, you can no longer make trips to any city, and it saids "your already hualing a load, want to canel?" and after hitting yes, the truck leaves the warhouse and nothing happens. also some traffic fall from the bridges! the traffic somtime run into you and u get stoped for it.

M76
09-07-2010, 06:14 PM
So will these glitches ever be fixed or we can all go to hell, since we already paid for the game, now they have no income from it. Hell I'd even pay a reasonable amount of money, to be able to play trough a weekend without bumping into some stupid bug and then having to load a save from 5 hours ago.

DriverX3
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Cabover have you installed the latest patch they have out that fixed that issue with me.

USA Trucker
09-07-2010, 11:34 PM
after a while after playing, you can no longer make trips to any city, and it saids "your already hualing a load, want to canel?" and after hitting yes, the truck leaves the warhouse and nothing happens. also some traffic fall from the bridges! the traffic somtime run into you and u get stoped for it.

You also indicated in another thread that your computer system does not even meet the "Minimal Requirements". This is why you are having difficulties. Don't report bugs/glitches, if your system doesn't meet it. It's not a bug. It's your system.

M76
09-08-2010, 04:48 PM
You also indicated in another thread that your computer system does not even meet the "Minimal Requirements". This is why you are having difficulties. Don't report bugs/glitches, if your system doesn't meet it. It's not a bug. It's your system.

I only come back for one second, and I already catch you on deflecting another problem yet again.

No its not a system problem, since I had the same bug numerous times in the game. When I couldn't get a new load from any warehouse because it said I already had an order, and pressing no would do nothing. Unless an Intel Core I7-930 with 6GB memory doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, then you're right.

USA Trucker
09-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I only come back for one second, and I already catch you on deflecting another problem yet again.

No its not a system problem, since I had the same bug numerous times in the game. When I couldn't get a new load from any warehouse because it said I already had an order, and pressing no would do nothing. Unless an Intel Core I7-930 with 6GB memory doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, then you're right.

Don't come on this board starting trouble. I answered his question in relation to another post he written about not meeting specs (I believe CPU is 2.2GHz). This is not a deflection. Not once did I ever come across this problem, and many others too for that matter. But I guess we're all wrong, and only you are right. You bash this game at every opportunity you get. If you have nothing good to say, but to attack the game, and me.... Say nothing at all. Don't rant about a conversation when you don't have all the facts.

Cars running into you, and you getting the ticket is just the way the game is. It's not a bug, but just a design flaw that should be corrected.

M76
09-09-2010, 09:48 AM
What the hell are you talking about what cops and tickets?

USA Trucker
09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
What the hell are you talking about what cops and tickets?

That was also part of Cabovers complaint.

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Well I think Im at the right spot here !

Problems hahaha a lot ok I will list them for what I acounterd .

PROBLEMS ......

1. There is a men on highway 101 on the exit to Ketelman city / Santa barbera. Just standing there do nothing I'm now in Dec in the Gameworld and he still stands there. And i remember that from the russian version That he had a mission .....

2. I turned off trafic it stil running like maleeas in januari to use 18 wos masage hahahaha Turned off police to make money instead off paying them .

3. Sometimes Nick has one foot the other just disapear could be my card I don't know but at full specs the game forgets sometimes to let you see the whole picture . and I mean this there was a truck driving the frame and two chairs a driver and that's about it strange. I have an 1 GB Card with 512 MB rating or speed . SO there should be no problem at all.

4. That Stupid storm express is winning the prize money all the time what's up with that Can't go fast anough on the money not realy a bug but tips are always welcome.

5. Tires are wrecked It's driving on Ice, engine cant brake I put in Manual shift put the truck up around 100 MPH then shit back to gear 1 and let go the clutch normaly I would have Died doing that engine goes from 1200 RPM to 9500 RPM come to the repair shop and suprise I only have slightly wearn off tires. So what is realistic about this .

6. The Cruise controll aint working on some trucks it takes controll of everything whatever I do does't mather . Last time it drove the way back from San Diego To Oxnard for me ??? Great NOPE because I needed to go to lone pine WHAHAHAHA....

7. The Argosy is pain in the ass driving sharp turnes on low Gear even worse with an trailer its skidding .

8. Timers and Speed
Man this is an Nightmare for an trucker 100 MPH to just make it on time and yes all trucks have 5 gears . Im a gear freak my self love the 18 gears . Or even the slit gear box 36 gears !!!

9. For what they promised....
I thaught you would have total freedom in the game but for all I know it's the same to me as in 18 wos except for the missions that is well game is great i injoy the suroundings as fast as i can have to keep my eyes on the road you know with 100 MPH HAHAHA

Well if I find more I will tell you guys O and sorry for the english if it's bad but i hope you get the picture .
When is there a patch comming ???
And why are there no cheats just a question ???
Bye Bye from Trucker NL

USA Trucker
12-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

What is your computer specs?

CPU & Speed?
Ram?
Graphics Card?

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Intel Celeron Dual Core E3400

Memory of 2 GB DDR3

Hard disk 320 GB

Graphics chip
Type NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Speed 625 MHz
Stream Processors 48
Shader speed 1360 MHz
Shader Model 4.1
Full Screen Antialiasing to 16 x
DirectX Version 10.1
OpenGL Version 3.1
CUDA Yes
PhysX Yes

Greats Trucker NL

USA Trucker
12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
What's the speed of your CPU? It appears to be 2.60GHz.

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Description AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Model Name Thuban

Clock Speed 6x 3300 MHz

Level 1 cache 6x 128 KB

Level 2 Cache 6x 512 KB

Level 3 Cache 6144 KB

Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a, AMD64

Bus Speed 4000 MT / s (HyperTransport

USA Trucker
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know why you're having such a problem. My computer is a little slower than yours, and I have no problem with Frame-Rates, Graphics, etc., and I have a load of things running in the background. Did you install the 'HotFix'? As for the Engine Break, and Cruise Control. I don't have an issue here either. There must be something that's been over-looked somewhere. Maybe someone will read your recent post, and offer some suggestions.;)

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
It's not the computer and yes hotfix is in place was allready their i gues because it says all the time there is no R&R instaled on the computer .
And the menu says Version 3.0.1.0 .
Its the english version and graphics are great no frame rate loss.
But there are some bugs in the game still.....

ACC has sometimes that its takeing a strol i start the curve and it drives the curve by it selve then i have to watch out to straight the wheel otherwise it crashes into the wall.
And sometimes it just stops working don't know what it is but it stops and when I press R to stop the ACC and then press CTRL R it comes back not aas 82 MPH but 44 MPH And does't hold speed at 44 MPH just like you don't set on your ACC it just deaccelerate.
Just strange....

USA Trucker
12-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately this is a problem with many people that play this game with a keyboard/mouse. I truly believe this game was designed for steering wheels pedals, and a shifter to get the full benefit of the game, and the realism of driving a truck. Anything else is just half a game. I see some of my friends with these Super-Computers, 12GB rams, 'top-of-the-line' monitors, graphics cards, web cameras, and joysticks. Only to fall short, and get some really cool racing games without a decent driving device.

I purposely bought the Logitech G25 for this game, and I got tired of playing 18WoS with a keyboard/mouse. I recommend to everyone not to get this game without a high-end computer, and a proper steering device.

TruckerNL
01-01-2011, 01:15 AM
18 wos or rig'n and roll should also be perfect when it can be driven by mouse !!! I did it with eurotruck and pttm it was perfect no problems so why they only put the keyboard in and place for an steering wheel not sure but if I only could play it with my mouse !!!

Happy 2011 bye the way everyone congrats and let it be a top year !!!

USA Trucker
01-01-2011, 01:45 AM
The reason R'n'R doesn't use a mouse to drive is because, the mouse is used to fine tune your viewing inside the truck & out. For me it's much easier this way too. You can slowly move the mouse up/down, left/right to view many things, and use the mouse-wheel to slowly zoom in/out too. This works better than keystrokes when viewing.

Like I said before, in this day & age with the advancement in computers as to joysticks & wheels, I rather play a driving game with a wheel any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Without a wheel, pedals & shifter, you're playing half a game, and lose the feel of reality. With a keyboard & mouse, your eyes aren't on the screen long enough to take in the scenery, and other things. You just can't compare the two, or even argue the point. Once you get a wheel, you'll never go back the 80's - 90's way of playing a driving again.

Now let's get back on-topic here. What you are describing is not a bug, or glitch, and that's what this thread is all about.

You have a Happy & Healthy New Year too & everyone else.:cool:;):D